Hope Springs Forth (D8 LA Open)

Kakita

Hope Springs Forth (D8 LA Open)

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:11 am

The stiffness in Kakita’s arm stayed with him throughout the day…

He rotated it as he sat in the warm water, thinking about how lucky he was to still have it. He had made a choice in that moment to lose it in favor of fulfilling his destiny… And yet, somehow the fates had been kind to him.

He closed his eyes as his mind went back to the moment this morning… the natural rising of fire within him left him more anxious than normal. He could feel it in the flow of his blood; particularly through the tightened muscles in his damaged arm.

He was here to decompress… step away from the moment… and try to figure out his next step forward… one he had no idea where it would take him.

—————

D8 LA Meditation: 5d10o10k4 24
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Re: Hope Springs Forth (D8 LA Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:36 am

No evil-eyed bushi made his way to the hot springs.

Not this time.

But his daughter Phi did, her presence announced by the jingle of bells braided into her hair.

She didn't bother feigning surprise.

Sher had been looking for him, after all.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:38 am

Kakita’s eyes opened at the jingling of a certain young woman’s approach.

He turned his head slightly in her direction and nodded a somewhat informal greeting as she drew near.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:42 am

Phi bowed low, before entering the water.

"Kakita-sama. My father finds you, in his words, 'insufferable but a hero all the same.' That means you're someone I would like to meet. I am Jiyo Phi."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:44 am

“I assume your father is Jiyo Sora then?” He bowed a bit more warmly.

“A pleasure Jiyo-san.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:45 am

"The pleasure is mine, Kakita-sama. I assume you were one of the people he met during one of those times he made sure my sister and I were busy in the library?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:46 am

“I have had occasion to speak with your father more than once this week, yes.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:58 am

"That makes sense."

She giggled.

"He says you talk like a Crane crossed with Uncle Bald- er, Togashi-Kami, but you seem perfectly comprehensible to me. So. I'm working on my first personal submission to the Imperial Libraries. And I was hoping I could write about you?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:59 am

“What would you like to know young one?” He asked in a polite tone.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:03 am

"Well. Everyone's going to write about the hero who unmasked a demon in an iaijutsu duel, so I think that part's covered. And I'm sure people who know a lot more about swordsmanship will be assessing your technique, and people with an eye for romance will try to plumb your history as best they are able. People with a goal to either besmirch or protect the Crane will make much of your motives. So I thought I'd try a different approach..."

She took a deep breath.

"What one thing about your life would you most wish to be preserved in the Libraries?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:08 am

“One thing?” He thought for a moment.

“If it’s only one… Then… I hope I am remembered as one who used his strengths to protect those in need. A blade for the defense of the defenseless.”

He paused, “That’s what I aspire to be… beyond all the noise.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:11 am

She nodded, as if filing that away.

"And who was defenseless this morning?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:14 am

“All those subjected to the lies of the darkness. It sought to use our laws and societal structures against us. To destroy us from within… But truth is simple… and I am a simple man. I merely laid bare the lies so all those who missed it could see.” He replied.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:15 am

She cocked her head to the side.

"I think you and my father have more in common than he wants to admit. But that's a very good line. I hope I remember it to write it down precisely."

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:18 am

“Your father is a noble man. I have nothing but respect for the life he has lived.” He replied.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:24 am

"Yes, well, I love my father, so you needn't worry on that score. But you can't pretend he's someone you'd want to spend a long winter chatting with at length."

After all, Kakita hadn't mentioned liking him very much.

"Anyway. A man who wished to protect the defenseless with his skills. A simple man trying to do the right thing. So. What comes next?"

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:27 am

“To continue the fight… no matter how hopeless… no matter how far.” He replied simply.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:28 am

"Angling for a spot in the rolls of the Order of Heroes, are we?"

She appeared to be teasing.

Current Theme

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:18 pm

He simply shook his head.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:24 pm

"Well. I think you'll have plenty of company in that fight, regardless."

Current Theme