Built Different [Day 5, EM]

Wu Ko

Re: Built Different [Day 5, EM]

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:07 pm

Flushing cheeks, she looks down to the water with a brief smile as she focuses elsewhere. Focusing on the lines she gave them one good check as a light pink backdropped the lines of green. Not finding one, but the search was helpful in it's own way. With the question she doesn't shift her gaze away from the water the moment, free hand grabbing the edge of her robe and brushing her thumb along it absently.

"Many," she said, finding a calm in speaking. "My mentor taught me of the forest, and of nature. Of the spirits, and of exchanging with them," she smiles briefly, looking back to him, the brief smile returns and stays a moment. Which causes her eyes to part away from him little, in thought, "He taught me how to be independent, and how to survive. How to be of use to others and not a burden to be carried," she says, her gaze coming back to him. This time seeking something, the look of understanding in Hiroya's own expression.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:35 pm

She would find some. not full understanding, such teaching was foreign to him, but the concept she spoke about was easy enough to understand "those are very good lessons to be sure. No one wants to feel like a burden and find your way to help and contribute is a great thing." There was something in the way he spoke maybe sadness? Or acceptance? An old wound or insecurity buried but not healed.

The talking however also seemed to calm him a bit though and a soft smile was on his lips as he seemed to be getting used to Ko's company. She was strange but it was a strangeness he enjoyed "It seems you had a very good mentor. I'm sure his lessons will serve you well."
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:04 pm

"He was, he is. They have, they will," there's a flow to the words as she speaks them. Double checking herself in the water alongside the calm. A thought brewing but not immediately spoken, considered. With the same hand holding the brush, the first two controlling the brush with the next two prodding and pulling at the flesh of her cheek to make sure the lines were well done. Straightening them, curving them, and ultimately correcting them when she found a few touch-ups needing done. Satisfied with the job there was a brief smile as she turns more toward him, lifting herself and shifting.

Grabbing a small bowl, and leaning forward, a bit closer to Hiroya now that she'd shifted positions. Reaching over the water she dips the bowl in to collect some of the warmer waters, setting it off to the side for the moment to cool just enough, "Do you want to talk about it?" she asks, looking back up from the bowl and focusing on him, matching eyes. There's calm warmth to the way she asks the question.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:03 pm

"Uh, huh, wha?" Hiroya flunders in confusion at the question and maybe a bit of renewed flustered as she leans closer to him again "I am uh I am not sure what you mean? Talk about your mentor? Or his lessons? I'm not sure what "it" you are referring to?"

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Ko looks to him more directly, confusion overriding, with just a gently tilt to her head as she spoke, "You seemed to dim. When you spoke before. I felt-" she shakes her head, settling her hands into her lap, looking down. "I had thought that there was something troubling you. Perhaps I was wrong," she says, an extra layer of uncertainty making its way into her tone.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:43 am

Hiroya looked at her a moment in thought and slow realization crossed his features. A hand came to the back of his neck rubbing it slightly self conscious "Oh." He said simply "that, uh, it's nothing. Nothing to be done about it at least. No need to burden you with problems that don't have an answer." He gave her a small smile and sank a little more into the water.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 am

Ko watches, all the way through to him sinking into the water. A brief frown, uncommon as it was, she glances down a moment and looks at her hands. There's something thoughtful in the way she does this. Not too long after, however, she looks back to him. Sliding herself across the stone as to be just a bit closer, carefully avoiding her setup in the process took her a couple extra steps but nevertheless she got there. "I will not pester you," she states.

"But," she regards him a moment, "there are no problems that do not have answers. Only problems with answers that are hidden, or obscure. Maybe another mind might help this problem of yours? Unless- you do not say what you mean, and-" she shakes her head, disregarding that thought and committing to what she has already said. A glint in her eye conveying this very determination.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:50 pm

He seems to lapse into a thoughtful silence for a bit "Oh, well I mean its not even really a problem just..." He trails off an huffs a little "it's just that when you talked about contributing and not being a burden it brought up....old...insecurities." He said a little slower trying to figure out how to word it.

"It's hard to not feel lesser when both your parents and your younger sister all can talk to the spirits and you were born without that gift." He said with a slight frown as he rested his chin on the back of his hands "I know I contribute in my own way, I know I matter, I've been told all these thing since it was discovered I had no talent for talking with the spirits but it doesn't change the feeling of inadequacy." He explains halting at parts, not really knowing way he's bothering someone with his issues. He finally shrugs "like I said nothing to be done."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 pm

"I-" she furrows her brows, looking down in thought but realizing herself and glancing a bit away as well. Hand coming up toward her chin she too considers the wet paint and lowers it back down. Finally, settling on bringing her hands up and looking at them. Cloth covering along the palm of her hand as to create a glove.

"I do not think that makes you inadequate. Just different. I do not think it is wrong to be different," she says that last part with a little heaviness to it.

Shaking her head first, and then a nod, she looks back to him, "You may not talk to spirits. But you study history. Record events so they are not forgotten," a brief smile, "and you paint. These are many wonderful things. Things you may not be if you you had this ability to speak with spirits."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:10 pm

He smiles. It doesn't quite reach his eyes. "Thank you Ko. I know I contribute, it can just sometimes feel like everyone is in a club I'm not part of. My family talks about it and I feel left out. No one has ever intentionally made me feel this way but," He paused a little "different is good but it can also be lonely." He tried to explain.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 pm

"Lonely," she repeats, thinking a moment. Looking back over a shoulder toward her things that still needed cleaning as she did. However, though she starts to shift toward them she stops. Looking back to him she meets his eye, granting that sense of sincerity.

"I felt that way before. When I returned to my mother's people. Everyone was very different, but I wanted to do what I could for them. Saruko helped me, then entrusted me with her daughter's care. Satsuki and I are friends now. Her and Yatsufusa make me feel at home. Now, I do not feel lonely."

"Maybe that may work for you? I could come visit you. Then maybe you will not feel lonely? Would that help?" she asks, her head tilting slightly as her uncertainty slips through. Hands laid in her lap.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:09 am

Hiroya looked to Ko as she spoke his black eyes meeting hers, his eyebrows rose a little as she finished "Uh huh. I-i mean yeah. If you wanted to." He stammered out a little color rising in his cheeks once more as he looked back out toward the rest of the bath.

He peeked back to her "Thank you." He said quietly.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:36 am

Ko regards him, as the color rises and he looks away. When he peeks back she smiles briefly, a quick nod, "I would not offer if I did not want to," she states, another quick nod as she sits passively for a moment. Looking to him then the rest of the baths. A thought, a wash of realization across her features. She shifts once more, this time away, so that she could place herself back in front of her things. Ensuring the brush was clean and dry, safely tucked away, the rest of her implements were soon to follow. A methodical and slow process it was.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:05 am

Hiroya saw the move to action and looked for a moment "All done?" he asked seeing her cleaning and putting away her implements.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:08 am

"With the paint," she nods, continuing with clearing up her things. Carefully seeing the tops of the containers back to their positions, some few bags of material to make the paint sealed shut, and orderly placed in the middle with precise positioning.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:15 am

he nodded in response seeing her finish packing her things. he remained silent for the most part not a hundred percent sure what to say "So...do you have a lot planned for the day?" he asked falling back on more general small talk to fill what had become, to him, an awkward silence.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:25 am

"I have been asked to aid in the writing later," she replies, tone implying an unthinking and reactionary response. One that causes her own brow to furrow, "I do not know what that means for my plans. Beyond that I have nothing," she considers the statement a moment more, and then nods confirmation.

"Though I may see who else I might meet if I have the chance. I have not spent long with the others here. Satsuki has nudged me toward doing what I can," she considers that a moment, the more gentle way in how she does nudge. That care there between them, it brings a brief and warm smile. "I would like to try today."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:21 am

"Well....there are plenty to meet in town right now. So you picked a good time. Satsuki seems like a caring friend." He mentions as he thinks on what she said "I suppose i will be observing the recording later. A little strange to record a recording." He says with a small smile.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:38 am

"She is," she says, near reflexively. Looking to him with a brief smile. She gives the pause and considers the thought a moment. Hand coming up to her chin she looks higher but not at anything, making a show of pondering. "Would they record the recorder recording?" she asks, looking to him without any indication in tone nor expression this was a joke, save for the mere fact that she intended it as one.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:55 am

"Perhaps." He was slightly hesitant but even without tone he got the sense she was joking a little "eventually we would run out of people to record though."