[D5 LE Expecting] Heirs of Heaven

Togashi Satsuki

Re: [D5 LE Expecting] Heirs of Heaven

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:30 am

"Matchmaker?" Satsuki giggled. "Didn't our parents manage just fine without such to fine someone to love and cherish all their lives?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:32 am

"Grandmother played a key role in giving her approval and guidance in both of our instances, dear cousin," she responded.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 am

"I think it's a different thing to seek a parent's approval, compared to having someone say; marry this person! No one's gonna tell me who and when I should marry, that's for sure."

Satsuki was quite firm on that.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:24 am

"Maybe not but marriage for us and those that come after will be about more than just love. The needs of our respective clans and families will matter," she countered.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:29 am

"The Empire is very large." Rei said. "Finding someone appropriate to spend your life with seems like it would be difficult, at the least."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:33 am

"Only if we make it hinge on stupid things like forcing people to marry for political reasons." Satsuki shrugged. "That we're family, descended from the same bloodline - that we want to work together to further the prosperity of the Empire should be enough, I think."

Of course, the Dragon didn't care for politics. So Rei of course got a nod. "Mm... doesn't mean you have to marry though. Only if you want to."
Theme | Profile

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:52 am

"I want to." Rei looked down at the water. "Mother had a very lonely life. In some ways, I think it still is. She's always happiest after she's visited him."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:57 am

It seemed to her that Rei looked sad, and understandably so! She didn't have her father around like the other three did, and her mother was lonely. So Satsuki did the only sensible thing which was to scoot close next to Rei and give her cousin a firm hug.

"Then I want you to be very happy, Rei-Rei. And if whoever you choose don't make you happy, I'll personally come down from the mountain and make them regret making you unhappy. Hm?"
Theme | Profile

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:43 am

She hugged her back, laughing softly. "Don't burn anyone. Not unless they really deserve it."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:51 am

Genji let out a laugh. "Well, cousins I think are out of the question, at least for me." He let out a small laugh. "And I am not sure a womb is a restriction exactly..."

He splashed some water onto Satsuki. "As for expectations..." he let out a heavy sigh. "Father's love is deep, but so are his expectations, I feel." He took another drink. "i just feel I need to make him proud. He took responsibility for a great many people, to protect them and make them prosper. The same promise binds me, and it is a huge ask."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am

"The fact you take that burden seriously, says you will do your Duty in serving your people, cousin. As long as that concern remains set in your thoughts you will lead with Honor and Compassion," she said proudly to Genji, eyes still closed.

"Our methods may differ, but our goals are the same, to create something beautiful and orderly. Protect our people and families, and in time guide those that will come after," she added.

"For Genji-kun that latter part may come sooner than later if Kinsen-obasan has anything to say about it... he might leave here with a Lion or Crab strapped to him," she teased.
Last edited by Doji Dojihime on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:33 pm

"I thought the Crab were kinda... you know, mean. Towards the Stag that is." As they were neighbours, she heard the stories.

"Genji-kun, if you just marry whoever your mother tells you to, you might be very unhappy, and that will ripple and make others unhappy too. So... all I ask is that you choose for yourself, hm?"
Theme | Profile

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:17 pm

“Filial piety is important, we should consider the wants and needs of our parents and family, it is not simply us being married we unite often two families and if you dislike your in-laws well that will not lead to a harmonious marriage either,” she responded without rolling her eyes, which took an enormous amount of big kami energy to do.

“Marriage is a Duty, an honor even. It is best to do what pleases your parents and hopefully yourself to forsake one for the other is selfishness.”

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:41 pm

"Regardless, I feel fairly certain your mother wants to find a match that would please you, Genji-kun." Rei added. "I had that impression while speaking with her at least."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Dojihime agreed with that, and gave a nod before returning to a sublime state of relaxation.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:51 am

"Why is it that wherever I go, my love life becomes the topic?" He raised some sake, and drank some more. "If I get married, are we all going to talk about my kids, or what? Let's talk about Hime-chan's love life instead."

He turned towards the Crane. "Neh, Hime-chan. Your sister is married. Aren't you up next?"

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:10 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:51 am
"Why is it that wherever I go, my love life becomes the topic?" He raised some sake, and drank some more. "If I get married, are we all going to talk about my kids, or what? Let's talk about Hime-chan's love life instead."

He turned towards the Crane. "Neh, Hime-chan. Your sister is married. Aren't you up next?"
"Because you are so adorable, Genji-kun," she countered.

At the question of marriage Dojihime added, "Sure as long as they meet my exacting demands."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:13 pm

"And, what are those demands?" Rei asked with a grin.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:30 pm

"I too am curious. If only to spare Genji-kun from some of the heat," she said with a cheeky grin herself.
Theme | Profile

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:43 pm

"Yes, Hime-chan. I expect an itemized list, with color coding."

He splashed some water at the Craneling.