Sun & Steam [Day 4, EA, open]

Doji Misaki

Sun & Steam [Day 4, EA, open]

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:28 am

While she had taken a short bath before the ice fishing demonstration this morning, a longer soak in the mineral springs seemed just the ticket for after lunch. So it was she found herself slipping into the water with a sigh as Lady Sun shone high overhead, towel slipping from her body as she did so to end up neatly folded on a rock.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hisomu Kuni

Re: Sun & Steam [Day 4, EA, open]

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 am

Kuni joined her. He bows to her. "Hello." He couldn't tell her Clan. "I am Hisomu Kuni. I hope you don't mind if I join you."
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:29 am

"I do not mind in the least, Hisomu-san. I was actually just wondering to myself how I had the hotsprings to myself when the weather has improved so much. I suppose it must be a busier day than even I thought."

The slight woman inclined her head rather than a fuller bow, customary for a bath or hotspring, "This one is Misaki, of Lady Doji-sama's Crane. Were you here for the wedding, Hisomu-san?"

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:04 am

Kuni nods. "Yes. My lord sent me. It was a fine wedding. The couple looked lovely together. I take it there is great joy in the your Clan this winter?"
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 am

"It certainly is a special union, hai. Certainly the occasion is joyous as well, even if so few could be sent here to be present for the ceremony and festivities. I feel humbled to have been sent as the representative of my school to be present for both of those, just in case the need to have one of the Engineers present."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 am

"An engineer? Impressive. I remember watching the library in Spider lands being built. I became impressed by your craft. Though I didn't realize the Crane had a school dedicated to it."

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:57 pm

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 am
"An engineer? Impressive. I remember watching the library in Spider lands being built. I became impressed by your craft. Though I didn't realize the Crane had a school dedicated to it."
"Just a small thing with about a dozen students at the moment. I have heard about the Empire-wide library construction project; It was certainly one of the most impressive building projects I've ever heard of."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:33 am

"A small pebble can cause an avalanche. I am curious of what your school focuses on. Our neighbors, the Crab, have this Kaiu who is starting to fortify the border. But I am guessing that isn't the Crane's primary goal."

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:37 am

"No, certainly different focuses. Crane lands have no need for extensive fortifications, and hopefully won't any time in the near future. What Dojii-sensei mainly teaches about is infrastructure construction, but it's fairly broad in order to be able to provide help where needed."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:42 am

Kuni nods along. He genuinely likes learning new things. "Do you have a specialty or something you prefer? Or do the students of your School prefer to keep a generalized education?"

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:02 am

"Personally, I am a proponent of something between broad knowledge and arrow sharp specialization. If one is to be good at everything, then they will be an authority on nothing. But if they were to learn only one subject they would miss out on all the associated knowldge and practice needed to make full use of that specialization. So, instead, I treat knowledge like a tree; Choose a trunk and let its branches lead you to what you need to learn. My own trunk is called "Building up infrastructure and practices to best make use of farmland", but that has also lead me to studying animal care, medicine, botany, tailoring, fishing, meteorology, carpentry, and other disciplines that help better understand the processes behind the construction of the tolls farmers rely on, the struggles farmers face throughout the year, and the infrastructure around them that they rely on to get their jobs done."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:42 am

Kuni nods. "It is a wise way to go. I am more specialized, but I am mainly a researcher. It is others who will put my work into practice. My only goal is find out as much about the enemy as possible and how to combat it."

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:06 pm

"The enemy... I have heard of the Spider's Duty of course. That is quite the enemy to research. I would imagine there is very little in the way of writing and such. And there would be a lot of pressure if your suggestions and such need to be put into practice in the field by other people..."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 am

Kuni nods. "We have learned much, but still feels like a cup of water from the ocean. As for the pressure.... well, the best I can do make sure any mistakes are rectified as quickly as possible so that they may be avenged." Kuni scowled. He didn't like the idea of people dying for the knowledge the Empire needed, but he do it over again without hesitation. He shakes his head. He doubted this was a proper subject.

"A lighter topic. Have you enjoyed any of these events that our samurai have been putting on?"

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 am

"Mmm, I have. Dancing and storytelling especially, over the past few days. Though no event is as much of a thrill as meeting new people. People who are a treasure to their lords and the Empire at large. It is both an honor and a privilege to be in the company of yourself and other accomplished followers of the Children of Heaven."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:27 am

Kuni chuckles. "I don't know how accomplished I am. I am just a minor researcher. But I agree. Meeting people has led to interesting discoveries. I had never considered how much work goes into farming or the variety of factors. Keeping our people fed is a vital job for the Empire. Doji-kami is wise to build a school that could produce someone such as yourself."

Equipment:

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:08 pm

"The Children of Heaven have wisely picked their followers indeed. I am honored to follow in the tradition of Doji Kakuro-sensei thanks to that recognition of his talents. Do you have a sensei you've learned from in your own researches?"