The Art of Art [Day 3, EE, ask]

Doji Misaki

Re: The Art of Art [Day 3, EE, ask]

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:10 am

Another pause, Misaki blinking a bit once he gave her the okay to do so, also seeming to let out a held breath at the same time. When she relaxed a little and spoke up, her voice was a little softer than it had been before, "What did you see? Was there... something you were looking for?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:14 am

He raised his eyes back up to hers and with the same intent warmth replied, "A soul beyond question... An honorable woman."

After several quiet moments he added, "It brings me great joy to see such souls among the followers of Lady Doji... especially from those who share a common ancestry with my family."
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:29 am

Misaki bowed in the water a little bit, "You do me much honor in that sort of praise, Kakita-sama."

It occurred to her a moment that he'd not given a family name... unless perhaps he'd moved on while fresh off the Kakita tribe integration and had never joined a Family as such.

"My family has always served the people of the lands of the Kakita tribe, at least as far back as I am aware of, and bringing honor to that heritage is the least I feel like I can do. Especially now that the Heavens themselves bless those lands with the knowledge and insight the Kami have brought with them."

The earmuffs nearly dipped into the water, but fortunately the band was tight enough; Though Misaki made a mental note that it seemed to be looser. Maybe because the effect of the steam from the hotsprings on the bamboo pieces.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:32 am

“It is indeed a wonderful legacy… Reforged each generation by noble souls like you. I commend you for the honor you carry with you. Let nothing diminish the light you possess.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:50 am

That may have gotten a blush from the young woman... then again, that could have simply been because she'd bent her face towards the steam.

"I will do my best. ...is that something you've learned how to do then? Judge people somehow by looking into their eyes? If it is accurate, it seems a great gift indeed."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:04 am

“I have spent my life learning to assess the strength of others…” He replied thoughtfully.

“Those with pure purpose have strength to never fall. And when I see strength like yours there is a resonance that echoes through the Void.”

He paused, “The little teacher has said; ‘The strength of the Empire does not reside in the stone of its walls. It resides in the hearts of its people.’ That is the resonance I can feel… for I know its rhythm.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:07 am

"Hai, I have heard that saying. It is quite famous in the Architect school for obvious reasons. And I see what you mean now; I certainly do not have strength of body, after all. Even with all my traveling and working with construction of things I am afraid I get out of breath easily and have little strength in my frame. But if it is strength of purpose you assess then perhaps that is something that can still show and not just bodily strength."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:12 am

He nodded, “I once had a sister not dissimilar to you… despite her physical limitations she is the strongest woman I know.”

It was an odd mixing of tenses… but seemed genuine.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:22 am

Genuine or not, Misaki could not help asking, in this case.

"You are no longer able to call her your sister or such?"

She tried to at least keep her tone proper and respectful though, rather than being too curious and nosey sounding. Still, her instinct was that it had something to do with the man's moving across the Empire rather than a death or such.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 am

He looked to her and offered a wounded smile before turning his body and gaze out beyond the pools.

“There once was a man… his father a chief… his sister a handmaiden of Lady Doji. He heard of a troll… assaulting the people of the empire. He bid farewell to his family to slay the beast… While on his quest he became aware of an even greater threat. He trained for years to fight against this danger… and by the time he returned home his father had died. His sister had gone missing mysteriously… and those who had granted his name at his gempukku claimed him long since deceased.”

He smiled a forlorn smile, “It was his name no longer… but his duty to fight this threat remained. And so, a new name was chosen… new and old. Along with it a new purpose… new and old… A legacy to perpetuate. The one thing that remained unchanged; un-reforged… was the one thing most strongly forged before he left. The bonds of hope and love between he and his sister. Perhaps not sister in name… but sister in every category that holds resonance beyond name.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:58 am

Misaki's brow furrowed slowly as she listened, speaking up softly as the man finished his story.

"I have heard a similar story. Similar, but very different at the same time."

She looked away, up towards the moon.

"Not from any samurai but amongst the common people that populate the land. Still, it is quite a time in history for both new and old alike. In traditions, names, and threats alike. All the more reason to listen to stories both new and old."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:10 am

“Will you tell me the story you heard?” He asked.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:43 pm

"I don't see why not. It's much the same, like I said, in certain ways. So it goes amongst the farmers that the son of a chief went off to kill a demon that threatened the people of the tribe. He went out and slew the beast in a battle that lasted three days and three nights, and when the sun rose on the third day there was no sign of either the demon nor the chief's son except for great quantities of blood both vile and human. With neither body found, the villagers made a vast search of the surrounding area, but all they found was the young man's broken blade and more blood near it."

She frowned, "Some people say there were reports of the young man's ghost, but all are sure that he was never found and that an injured man without his blade..." a small shrug, "Well, the thought that they would go anywhere but back to his own lands for healing and such made no sense, so they stopped searching after a week and the second tragedy occurred; The young man's family killed themselves, and the villagers feared that the demon had cursed the young man and his family. The village headman never had a chance to return the broken blade to the young man's family, so it still resides at a shrine in Inagaku village, a holy place for what they fear is a cursed blade."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:02 pm

He nodded at the story, "A demon's curse... Perhaps that is it..."

He smiled softly, "The past and the present are eternally linked. There is no avoiding it... but swords can be reforged. Curses lifted. Balance restored. No darkness last forever."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:48 pm

The Doji woman gave a soft nod, "I certainly believe that as well, hai. All the more reason to value the arts of building and rebuilding, even if things are going to be destroyed or wear down over time. A cycle, much like past and present, one we have control over if we put in the effort."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 pm

He tilted his head at the word 'control'. But nodded softly at the woman's comments.

"There is very little we can control... but we do influence. For good if we bring light... or ill if we bring dark."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:40 pm

"My point is I don't believe everything we do is predetermined or destined or such. Some people blame fate for things turning out like the do. But even if there are some things that are inevitable, I think most things in life we have some matter of choice in, where and how we end up. And those decisions add up to bigger things, general trends and the direction of the people of Ningen-do."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:52 pm

He smiled softly and tilted his head gently to the left.

“I see. Oddly enough you are not the first person here to express such beliefs to me while here.”

He nodded his head quietly for a moment.

“I feel different… but perhaps not as much as one might think.”

He then smiled again warmly, “If your current beliefs lead you to do good… then there is no flaw in them. I personally feel that our destinies will come… there is no avoiding some conflicts. Our choices are not fully our own, nor are they not our own. What we do when we are called determines how we will judge ourselves at the end… But we all will be called. And will be made to embrace our Destiny one way or the other.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:12 am

"That is fair enough; I usually do not belabor anyone the point on such matters, so long as they're not using it as an excuse for inaction on a problem."

Misaki was starting to get thoroughly warmed through and through, so she set the loose earmuffs aside on a rock.

"Can your eyes also see such things, perhaps? Destinies and fates and such? Even one such as I know there are ways to see such things, for some gifted few."

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:36 am

He looks towards her again and nods less confidently, “Glimpses… moments when the mundane falls away. When a strong connection is made. When the rhythm of destiny can be sensed in my center.”

He paused, “It is not like… visions or such… it is the understanding of all things through one thing. When my spirit touches the Void… I can feel beyond what eyes show.”

He continued, “But I am not special… all can do this. It merely requires the quieting of your mind.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-