A Bird Without Its Feathers (D3, LA, Open)

Doji Tsubaki

A Bird Without Its Feathers (D3, LA, Open)

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:00 am

Having scrubbed down Tsubaki lowered herself into the hot water of the spring to relax and unwind with a contented sigh.

Her supple form continues to belie her apparent age.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Kuu

Re: A Bird Without Its Feathers (D3, LA, Open)

Post by Kuu » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:39 pm

Kuu entered the baths for some relaxation time. He sat not too far from Tsubaki and gave her a nod of greeting. "Good afternoon. I am Kuu, of the Order of Heroes. I hope the day is treating you well."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:12 am

She smiles and offers a slight bow, more of a nod given the circumstances and not wanting to dunk her head under, "Much better now that I have found some warmth. This one is Doji Tsubaki, of the Crane, I hope your day is at least as pleasant if not more so brother Kuu."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 am

"It has been fine. I spent some time this morning clearing paths between buildings, so a bit of a brisk walk for that. But not much going on besides. A little calligraphy and conversation. Now a bit of relaxation," he replies with a smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you Doji-sama."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:09 am

A wry smile, "I suspect the palace has servants for that sort of thing... but I'm sure they appreciate the help. Were you attending the wedding or did other matters bring you here before the snows made us all temporary residents?"

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:19 am

"The servants can't melt snow just by walking near it, so I saved them a good deal of time and effort," he says with a shrug. "And I was here for the wedding, though not as a personal guest. I helped with cleansing and purification rituals of the temple. Any of our order could have been assigned the task, but I was fortunate enough to be selected. I recognize your name as the woman that runs the tea house that folks talk about right?"

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:35 pm

"Melting snow by walking near it? That is an impressive feat brother Kuu, you shall have to explain how it is done to me sometime. But, to answer your question first, you are mostly correct. I am the founder of the establishment though, officially, I handed control over to one of my daughters before the wedding as I was expecting to return to Crane lands after."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:15 pm

"I see. So you'll be returning home when weather allows then? Taken away by business or do you just prefer Crane lands to the capital?" he asks curiously.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:43 pm

"I have other Camellia Houses among the lands of the Crane that need seeing too as well. I quite enjoyed my time in Imperial lands but one does not want to wear out their welcome after all."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:21 pm

"I see. I thought maybe it might be a second home if you had a tea house here. Although I never have the sensation of wearing out my welcome. I never stay anyplace I visit for very long at all. Plus, I tend to not use or need much either, living an ascetic lifestyle. I'm just as happy sleeping on the ground as in a room... assuming the ground isn't covered in snow." He chuckles at that.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:50 am

She nods, "I am sure I shall be returning often but it definitely is not home, at least not yet. Have your travels taken you to many interesting places?"

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:15 am

"Quite a few, yes. I was taken in as an orphan by a man that followed Shinsei around and followed his teachings. That was around 20 years ago, when I was very young. So I have seen many places in the empire, but through a child's eyes for most of it. It kind of paints a fantastical picture of everything," he says with a chuckle. "I've seen more than a few of the villages, castles and cities under construction over those years."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:21 am

"It is somewhat amazing how quickly, even with the aid of the Kami, things have progressed and advanced."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:32 am

"Amazing yes, but in retrospect not entirely unthinkable. Never have people of these lands worked together so concertedly before the Kami. The advances they brought often required a more cooperative effort to make happen. Many hands make light work."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:45 am

The woman nods, "An astute observation brother Kuu. It is a testament to their divine nature that they have been able to bring others together so without resorting to sheer violence. Even the most successful warlord before the fall did not have such success."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:02 am

"Yes, but the most successful warlord also did not have even a fraction of the strength of even the most peaceful of the Kami. Simply their presence is enough to cow any that would choose to challenge them. It makes them natural rallying points for those that seek safety as much as community," he responds with an agreeable nod. "Some refused to follow them because they are not mortals or natives here, thus the tribes that left and some of those that prefer Shinsei's teachings. Personally, I have nothing against their teachings or rulership and find them to likely be the most beneficial thing that has happened to this land. I just happened to be raised by a man that preferred to follow Shinsei."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 am

"What is the Little Teacher up to these days? I have not heard much since the return of the lord of the Spider though, admittedly, we travel in very different circles."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:49 am

"Much the same as before that time. Traveling and teaching," he says with a nod. "It seems to be what he does between his appearances in grand tales. I imagine that he enjoys that more than anything else, though of course I couldn't begin to imagine what he actually enjoys."

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:28 pm

Another nod, "It is hard to truly know another but I am sure you still have a better idea than you might think. A wise person is still, in the end, a person and some things are universal."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:34 pm

"Perhaps, but that's assuming that he is a person. The way he draws followers and commands attention is not that different from the Kami. Perhaps he's less mortal than he seems to be, and simply champions for mortal causes?" Kuu says with a shrug.