[D2, LE] Pounding Hot (Invitation Only)

Otomo Gusai

Re: [D2, LE] Pounding Hot (Invitation Only)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:06 pm

"Not the worst such incident I've had, though," Gusai continues. "Not long after I first shipped out on the Venture, being a green hand and all, I was assigned to bring in and stow one of the nets we use to sling cargo and supplement our rations with fresh fish. Never at the same time, mind. But, of course, I was a green hand, and even with both eyes, I couldn't figure out what I was doing and didn't see the swell that popped the ship right amidships."

He chuckles. "Took two hands a solid hour to untangle me and the lines. Old Urimoto had me stoning the deck for a week!"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:09 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:06 pm
"Not the worst such incident I've had, though," Gusai continues. "Not long after I first shipped out on the Venture, being a green hand and all, I was assigned to bring in and stow one of the nets we use to sling cargo and supplement our rations with fresh fish. Never at the same time, mind. But, of course, I was a green hand, and even with both eyes, I couldn't figure out what I was doing and didn't see the swell that popped the ship right amidships."

He chuckles. "Took two hands a solid hour to untangle me and the lines. Old Urimoto had me stoning the deck for a week!"
"As a sailor, you must've seen many things on distant shores," Chizu said encouragingly. "What's the most remarkable thing you've seen in your travels?"
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:09 am
"As a sailor, you must've seen many things on distant shores," Chizu said encouragingly. "What's the most remarkable thing you've seen in your travels?"
"Oh, that's a hard one!" Gusai replies. "Sailing the seas makes every day a wonder. The sunrises and sunsets away from shore are spectacular, and the crashing spray casts rainbow colors in all directions in a decent light. Even the storms are raw beauty--when a body can look on them and not on the rope clutched in hand or the sheets gathering in.

"And the people! A crew becomes much like a family, whether the hands are akin or not--and they often are, truth be told; old Urimoto took me on because I was a cousin's kid. But even aside from that, calling in at so many different ports, you meet all kinds of different people, and every one of them has something new to teach--as well as some interesting practice!

"But I've also got to say," and here, he turns his eye fully on Chizu, "that this stop has been quite edifying."
Otomo Gusai

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:27 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 am
"Oh, that's a hard one!" Gusai replies. "Sailing the seas makes every day a wonder. The sunrises and sunsets away from shore are spectacular, and the crashing spray casts rainbow colors in all directions in a decent light. Even the storms are raw beauty--when a body can look on them and not on the rope clutched in hand or the sheets gathering in.
"That must be something to see," Chizu said thoughtfully. "I've been on a river boat, but never a ship on the ocean. It must be strange, to have water extend all the way to the horizon."
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 am
"But I've also got to say," and here, he turns his eye fully on Chizu, "that this stop has been quite edifying."
"Flatterer," Chizu accused while grinning and splashing water at him. She didn't seem particularly upset.
Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:28 pm
Genji smiled his nice boy smile, still enjoying the soak.
"What about you, Hantei-sama?" she asked, turning to look at Genji. "What's the most marvelous thing you've seen on your travels?"
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:14 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:27 pm
snip
Gusai had been about to answer, of course, but Chizu's question to the young lord forestalls him.

So he takes the chance to let his eye linger on Chizu for a moment...before it pivots to Sagara.
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:15 am

Genji's fingers drummed on the side of the spring. "Most of my travels were in our clan's lands, though I did visit the Nezumi once." He hesitated how to continue, recalling the enmity between the ratlings and the Crab.

"There were some marvels there. And some giant ogres."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:02 am

"Giant ogres" repeated Sagara in awe, "that must have been some sight." The memories of ogres at her young age, already large and brutal could bring nightmares to Sagara even at her age, giant ogres would mean monstrous creatures. "But I see that you have survived, so it was a successful encounter."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Kinsen serves everyone again, but the bottle empties. She hiccups and apologizes with a nod. The Lady if the Stag doesn't say much for now, but is greatly enjoying her lack of sobriety.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:13 pm

"Do tell, young lord," Gusai puts in.

He adjusts his eyepatch, muttering something.
Otomo Gusai