[D2, LE] Pounding Hot (Invitation Only)

Anjing Sagara

Re: [D2, LE] Pounding Hot (Invitation Only)

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:34 pm

"Most of our lands are found between Dragon and Bat, but we are focused on defending the northern border so that Dragon, Spider and Bat don't need to worry about invaders and can focus on their own clan and personal duties. I wouldn´t like to depend much on crossing other clans lands, but our lands do come close to the northern border of the Empire, which would reduce the number of clans we would have to go through to keep trade routes with the south"

Sagara wondered what could be of trade importance in the Crab. They had limited crop production because of the few arable lands and low rains. The land was rough and mostly mountainous. They were great fighters, but not the only ones. They had minerals from the mountains, but so did the Stag. It all just went down to what type of minerals did one and the other have.

(Just saw the map of the Empire and I am guessing that the dark blue is the land of the Crab that goes all along the north border of the Empire, even north of the Spider clan.)
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:43 am

"What route did you take to get to here from the Stag provinces?" Chizu asked curiously. "Over the ocean, up the river, or overland? If that was a good route, then the Three Sides River leads most of the way from here to our lands."
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 am

"We came by the sea to Otosan Uchi, the Seppun ancestral home –– now in Crane lands –– with a free passage here. They do have much respect and faith in us that I am sure they would even allow our armies to cross over, if needed be. After all, those are sacred lands. Specially for the Stag." Kinsen points out the friendly relationship as an example, and builds up on that.

"Since the Crab will be defending the northern borders without much space, while the Stag and Crane have much fertile land –– specially the coast –– I believe it is proper to offer the Crab trade deals that would benefit your basic food supply and other unavailable goods, whereas the Crab could offer rare ores, manufactured weapons, armor and builders in return. We do plan to use much of the structure already set by Hida-kami-sama, after all."

Taking another sip, she mentions, "I see that, if the Crab succeeds in opening a path to the sea in the north, we the Stag will reach out there in much greater speed than by river or land. We are inclined support such endeavor. In court and potentially beyond. I could aid to find additional support in other Clans friendly to this idea of sea trade." The Lady of the Stag looks to Gusai for confirmation, "Correct me if I am mistaken, please."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:45 am

"Mother is quite knowledgeable in such issues, you see." Genji indicated gladly. "Say, are there many battles to be fought in the North?" He tilted his head in thought. "If you don't mind, I would like to pay a visit sometime."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 am
Snip
"So much aligns with my understanding, Lady Hantei," Gusai replies. "And there are doubtlessly things yet to be discovered, as well, from which we might all benefit, ourselves and by sharing."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:37 pm

"I actually wondered" insinuated the crab shugenja, "why the lands south of the Crab, and all the way to the river, had not been settled. They are much better lands for agriculture than the mountains of the far north, and they help connect with the other clans. It could provide a way to the sea through the river, and it could also help in giving a home to the populated crab clan." She wished she had a map to show them, but it had been their own home, so they would know why the land had settled where it was. "The use of settling on the mountains is to provide protection to the Empire and to avoid others to settle into the Empire."

Sagara continued using the approach that Kinsen had offered. "Of course we could provide weapons to the Empire in exchange for that which we don't have, rice. The Kaiu will be very happy to help and would be very proud to see their skills be recognized in the Empire."

(good thing I got some Commerce)
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:33 am

"I am not aware of those lands Anjing-san mentions. If they are close by and have not been taken, then I believe the Crab could indeed petition do to so, or exchange that with a neighbor Clan to gain access to the sea." Kinsen mentions and takes another sip, "I am content that both of you think likewise about these exchanges of resources."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:01 am

Gusai nods, as well.

"I've shipped some Kaiu goods. Well made. Hold up well in the salt, too."

He looks at the shugenja. Scar's not as bad as some might think, he thinks, as he absently adjusts his eyepatch. "Be good to talk together about it later, hammer out details and all that. Bath's a bit relaxed for it."

And he suits deeds to words, leaning back to soak in more of the warmth.

"Lack of 'em's not one of the things I miss abut being at sea."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:06 am

"Shinjo-kami-sama. Bless her for this invention." Kinsen mentions out of nowhere. Gratitude was due, after all.

TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:12 am

Gusai grabs a cup--there has to be one handy, right?--and raises it.
Otomo Gusai

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:33 am

"Ahh yes, to Shinjo-kami," Chizu agreed, raising a cup to join the toast. "These warm baths are a delight. Especially on a cold night like this." She smiled, her face a little flushed from soaking in the heat, and drank deeply from her cup.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:40 pm

"Quite certainly Yoshitsune-san." Genji smiled widely. "Especially after some long and hard days."

He glanced back at his mother. "We could use more of these back home, neh?"

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:45 am
"Say, are there many battles to be fought in the North?" He tilted his head in thought. "If you don't mind, I would like to pay a visit sometime."
"You asked about the North before," Chizu recalled from earlier in the conversation. "There are a few battles still fought in the North. Lord Hida has pacified many of the northern tribes, and we have a little trade with them; but some other tribes remain stubbornly hostile to our clan. I was on a long patrol a couple years ago, and got into a skirmish with some northern raiders, myself. But we've taught most of them to stay away from our lands."

"You'd be welcome to visit," she added. "I think it could be a nice gesture of friendship."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 pm

"Defending and controlling the north border at the same time as settling in. It´s been a joyous struggle, an interesting work to be done, but one that has kept us busy and entertained in a known manner. Of course we would appreciate the visit of anyone that would like to visit and see the work that we carry up at the north."
Anjing Sagara

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:40 pm
"Quite certainly Yoshitsune-san." Genji smiled widely. "Especially after some long and hard days."

He glanced back at his mother. "We could use more of these back home, neh?"
"The cold I am unsure there's much we can do. As for the baths, most certainly. Perhaps you can convince your father of the major benefits a public bath houses can bring."
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:57 pm
"You'd be welcome to visit," she added. "I think it could be a nice gesture of friendship."
"Splendid idea!" She looks from Chizu to Genji back and forth.
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 pm
"Defending and controlling the north border at the same time as settling in. It´s been a joyous struggle, an interesting work to be done, but one that has kept us busy and entertained in a known manner. Of course we would appreciate the visit of anyone that would like to visit and see the work that we carry up at the north."
"I believe that many in the Stag would be honored to receive such a permission. Not only to visit, but to help if needed be."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:28 pm

"Certainly, that would be wonderful, to visit hte mountains and experience Crab hospitality."

He inclined his head. "I would loathe to mar this evening with more official talk, but perhaps we can sit down sometime and discuss some finre points perhaps, to improve relations between our clans? I am sure there is something we can both offer to each other." Genji smiled his nice boy smile, still enjoying the soak.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:44 pm

"It would be a good discussion to have, certainly," Gusai adds. "But, as the young lord says, one for other circumstances."
Otomo Gusai

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 pm

"Another time, then," Chizu agreed, with a small splash as she set her cup down near the edge of the bath. "Shall we talk of something else instead? What did you all think of the ball? I thought the costumes and dancing were quite fun."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm

"Getting them off was...interesting," Gusai says. "Caught my hair in some of the cords. Took entirely too long to get it untangled."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:56 pm

Kinsen checks needed refills and paid attention to the topic. She wasn't comment on her own thing, but would definitely take pleasure in listening.

TN to be recognized is 0