Fighting heat with cold. [D2, EM, Open]

Isawa Kyosei

Fighting heat with cold. [D2, EM, Open]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm

Kyosei scrubbed himself down again. He coughed slightly, then shivered. Then scrubbed some more. No matter how he tried, there always seemed to be more dust. Finally, he thought he had gotten it all, and entered the hot waters of the spring, allowing the heat to drive the cold away.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Anjing Sagara

Re: Fighting heat with cold. [D2, EM, Open]

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:12 pm

On a cold day such as that one, nothing could be better than to enjoy a warm spring. Sagara cleansed herself and stepped out to the spring, her sandals tip tapping on the wooden floor as she approached the hot water. She cleansed herself with her back to the spring waters, breathing in the cold air as the warm water compensated the outer temperature. Her abundant hair tied up in a high knot was away from the water.

She dipped herself with a soft moan as the hotter water of the spring relaxed and soothed her body.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:15 pm

Kyosei nodded in welcome, but merely leaned back, not saying anything at the moment.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:38 pm

"Konichi wa, samurai-san." She greeted as she acknowledged the man in the waters. "I don't believe we have met yet. My name is Anjing Sagara, of the Crab, priestess of Earth. Honored and pleased to meet you." The woman sat at a proper distance from the man, but not so far that they could not speak.
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:41 pm

"Ah? I am Kyosei, of the Isawa, also trained to call upon the Earth. What was it? Oh, right. Have you had food yet this day?"

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:26 pm

The woman chuckled at the courtly ways in such an ambient. But then again the man was of the Isawa, he was of the Imperial house. "I have, thank you. I hope that you too have been blessed by the Fortune of rice in this day." She corresponded con kind yet direct manner. The man seemed of mature age, a bit more than herself, it felt good to be surrounded by someone who had lived through times hard as she had. "I am honored, Isawa Kyosei-sama, your name is well known and respected in the Empire. One whos words helped the Isawa tribe decide on joining the Empire. You must hold many stories"
Anjing Sagara

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:37 pm

"Hold them, yes. Give them back out? I am bad at that. And I'm no -sama. Just a -san here. Didn't know my name had gotten out, either."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:22 am

"I too am not good at storytelling." She agreed, "that art full of imagination is not something for me, I tend to be blunt and direct in the stories."

"Well, what they have spoken of is good, and well deserved I am sure, words of a dedicated and strong man. Most that I know is until your family joining the Empire and helping the last kami's return. What has been going on in your life afterwards?, if I may ask."
Anjing Sagara

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:06 pm

"I mostly traveled. My oldest son, Ounan, has been watching the mine I oversee. And I have done trading trips, all across the land claimed by the Empire, and some it hasn't claimed as yet."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:00 am

"Are the clans populated enough that they could properly occupy the land?" Questioned the samurai-ko, "I would say that the crab is numerous, and we have land to ourselves, and could probably even be assigned a bigger extension of unclaimed land, but there are many clans that seem to be underpopulated and could struggle keeping peace in all their territory."

(I play lots of civilization and I struggle at the beginning to control barbarian/bandits from settling and getting into my blind spots when my population is still low and my field of view is small)
Anjing Sagara

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:58 pm

"Rarely. As I said, much of my travels have been through areas that the clan's nominally claim, but there is no proof of it. Even to the point of encountering small tribes that had never heard of the Empire, or had heard of it only as a distant thing, and were quite surprised when I told them they were inside it already!"

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:05 pm

"That is quite interesting actually. I would had thought that the building of an empire would get the attention of the people around, especially since we have spread so much. Only in the north I know that there are those that don´t want to join the Empire and stay away." In general people tended to settle in the same areas, near the most important resources available, which were water and land capable of growing food, and maybe those areas that were to be defended. Could it really be true that there were people still in the empire unaware? The idea moved around the head of Sagara while the water released the tension in her body. "I guess informing all people in the clan would be important. But what if they don´t wish to join the Empire, nor leave their homes?"
Anjing Sagara

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:15 am

"I know of individuals that don't want to, and pack up an leave. Entire families, even. I have not seen, but have heard tell of entire, smaller, tribes that do so. Mind, for every one of those, there are those that are glad to join, for the chance at safety. An isolated valley, abundant in resources, but difficult to reach, or only slightly settled? They are often glad of it. I do my poor best to make the Emperor, and his servants, aware of such."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 pm

"That is a very noble thing to do, Isawa Kyosei-sama, I am impressed and very intrigued with you. A man of action and that likes to get his hands dirty, I guess, that is very important to do actually. And how did you come into managing a mine? that sounds quite strange to do. My clan has several mines and quarries, but I never heard of them being owned and managed by a samurai."
Anjing Sagara

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:34 am

"I am no -sama." The response seems instinctive. "And I do not own the mine, merely oversee it's production for, well, not my tribe anymore, but my Family. It is a bit cumbersome to indicate a grouping larger than just one's immediate family, but smaller than an entire clan. Wish there were another word to be used... Ah, well. I was originally a worker in the mine. There was a collapse, and that triggered my ability to speak to the spirits of the Stones. Myself and two others were rescued, because I was able to convince the stone roof not to fall on us. Then, I got training as a Spirit Speaker. From there, I was betrothed to my Sensei's daughter, and put in charge of the same mine I had worked in, to help provide for her."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:25 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:34 am
"I am no -sama." The response seems instinctive. "And I do not own the mine, merely oversee it's production for, well, not my tribe anymore, but my Family. It is a bit cumbersome to indicate a grouping larger than just one's immediate family, but smaller than an entire clan. Wish there were another word to be used... Ah, well. I was originally a worker in the mine. There was a collapse, and that triggered my ability to speak to the spirits of the Stones. Myself and two others were rescued, because I was able to convince the stone roof not to fall on us. Then, I got training as a Spirit Speaker. From there, I was betrothed to my Sensei's daughter, and put in charge of the same mine I had worked in, to help provide for her."
"Sorry, just offering the due respect to one who is of the Imperial family, especially since I bear no ranking or authority in my own clan. A mere emissary, maybe because of the few court skills I possess where most of my clan is mostly based on other types of skills." The samurai-ko could feel the hands start to wrinkle up, and held them out of the spring on the border. "I had a similar experience, in my case the kami protected me from a strong fire that destroyed my home, but I was able to survive with just a scar instead of losing my life."
Anjing Sagara

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 am

"Huh. I have heard of others, as well, who gain their gift in similarly... difficult circumstances. Others, especially among the main branch of the Isawa, grow into it quickly. Others, when they enter the adult growth, find the gift appearing. And, you are an emissary to the Court here. I am a trader, trapped by the snow. I was supposed to leave tomorrow, but somehow don't see that happening. Not with three wagons through this snow..."

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 am
"Huh. I have heard of others, as well, who gain their gift in similarly... difficult circumstances. Others, especially among the main branch of the Isawa, grow into it quickly. Others, when they enter the adult growth, find the gift appearing. And, you are an emissary to the Court here. I am a trader, trapped by the snow. I was supposed to leave tomorrow, but somehow don't see that happening. Not with three wagons through this snow..."
"I'm an emissary of the clan because of having learned a little of court manners, but I can't consider myself to be a real courtier, especially after seeing all the people here in the real court. It feels like all I have learned or practice till now was like playing dolls, just a child's game. But I guess all I have to do is hone those skills if I am to represent the clan in more occasions." The samurai-ko pulled out of the bath and found her way to the little ladle nearby to cleanse her body from the hot water. "I have been honored to meet you, Isawa Kyosei-sa..n." She corrected herself half way through. "But I should get going to getting breakfast. I hope you don´t mind."
Anjing Sagara

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:45 pm

"Not at all. It was a pleasure to meet you, Anjing Sagara-san. May the spirits walk with you this day, and all the days to come."