[Day 1, Early Morning] At Least The Day Started Well (Open)

Makime Ayano

Re: [Day 1, Early Morning] At Least The Day Started Well (Open)

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Ayano blinks, "Oh...ah. So you know who my mother is." She sighed, "And she only told me after you two spoke about the library. She was... not in a good mood while telling the story."

Her smile was more relaxed, "I do wish to thank you for your efforts. I know the project was a particular concern of yours, and it might be a small thing but it helped me greatly."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm

"I suspect your mother is just about never in a good mood, Makime-san, so forgive me if I don't feel particularly upset by that information. I used to be like that, you know. Always looking like I'd just found half a worm in my apple... but I am gratified that my efforts on the library system have been of some service to you."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:56 pm

"You know though... that was the old way of doing things. The festivals, the rituals to the Fortunes... dancing uninhibited. It isn't as if our bodies are shameful in that sense, so they were not vulgar festivities or ceremonies. But at the same time, we've figured out more civilized methods to show devotion to the Heavens."

She glanced at Sora, "Perhaps Jiyo-d..."

Misaki paused a moment, "Jiyo-sa. ma? Perhaps you are simply old fashioned then."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:06 pm

"I'll accept the honorifics in light of carrying Jiyo's name. And as far as that goes, the wall story is vulgar and the action at the time was intended as such..."

"Dad!"

"What? I'm just saying, whatever I do that may be old-fashioned- and since I'm older than almost everyone here, that's quite possible- let's not mix up what actually happened way back when. I wasn't engaged in some ritual or ceremony, I was engaged in a deliberate act of contempt."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:09 pm

"I would hope if you were to dance around the hot springs, Jiyo-sama, it would not be in contempt of any of us, certainly."

She inclined her head.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 pm

Kyosei simply settled back and soaked himself. He knew of the story of the wall, had heard it a time or two before, and was past worrying about any positive or negatives associated with it.

"So, how far would you say the library system has stretched now?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:24 pm

"No, no, just a desire to torment my offspring in a way that does them no lasting physical harm..."

"Dad, come on-"

"-why are you like this?!"

"What's torment mean?"

"It's what your sisters do to Hsieh-Hsieh when they catch him napping..."

"You're gonna dress us up and make us drink tea?"
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 pm
"So, how far would you say the library system has stretched now?"
"At least one branch in the lands of each Clan, although some are farther along than others. Local buy-in always helps, and the Crab can be forgiven for saying they have other priorities at the moment."

He frowned as he thought of Anjing Xia, who'd been so keen on the idea.

Poor kid.

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:31 pm

"I know the Isawa have had several set up, at least 4 that I know of, and I hope that Aterui-dono will accept one in his holdings soon."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:33 pm

"Nothing to forgive Jiyo-sama...Lady Makime is often abrupt with others and can be difficult to speak with." Ayano held her smile. "Still the library was built so you did better than many that have argued with her."

"...and my original outburst was...well uncalled for, I should have kept my surprise in check. My apologies all." She dipped her head, the movement helping finally calm her nerves completely.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:39 pm

"Makime-san, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I try to encourage young people to let themselves be young. Because take it from me, it doesn't last."

Sora's daughters shared a look, apparently a bit surprised by something in how he'd said it.

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:43 pm

The older than he looks Kyosei nods at this piece of wisdom. "He is correct in that. Work as you must, play when you can. learn always."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:53 pm

Misaki nodded, "I have been to a few of those libraries. They do good work, most certainly. Still, speaking of work... mayhaps I should stop soaking and go get ready for the day. I'm starting to feel a bit light headed from the heat I think..."

She had a hand to her forehead; Maybe it had come on faster than normal thanks to the splash?

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:06 pm

Shirayuki moved to the Crane's side.

"I can help you out if you need it, Doji-sama. "

Current Theme

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:06 pm
Shirayuki moved to the Crane's side.

"I can help you out if you need it, Doji-sama. "
"Hm? Oh... thank you. Apologies, things just started spinning here a bit."

Misaki stood a bit unsteadily, one hand on her forehead and the other reaching for her towel from where it had been set on the side of of the onsen.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:19 pm

Phi moved to get the towel to hand to the Crane, while Shirayuki stayed on hand in case she stumbled.

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 pm

Ayano watched silently, truthfully she would be leaving shortly after the Crane. Having grown tired from the excitement that a supposedly calm soak had brought...and not wishing to display her weakness to all those present.

She offered a silent thanks to Daikoku that someone else was present to aid the falter Doji, had it been left to her then they might both have fallen.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:26 am

Misaki nodded in thank to the young one and gratefully took the towel. Holding it up to herself as she was helped out, she turned and bowed to the other samurai once Shirayuki had helped her out and she was on steady feet.

"Thank you both; You were of much help. I'm starting to feel better already now that I'm moving about. Now, if the rest of you will excuse me, I think I'm going to go get ready for the day. It was nice meeting you all Makime-sama, Isawa-san, Jiyo-sama... and your wonderful family."

One last bow and she slowly made her way to the door and closed it behind her with a soft click.

/exit