[Day 1, Early Morning] At Least The Day Started Well (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 1, Early Morning] At Least The Day Started Well (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:15 am

"HEY! Shirayuki, cut it out-"

"I'm over here Phi, nothing to do with it!"

Sora chuckled.

"Oh yes, all of my careful schemes for a quiet winter at home with my family spoiled- because yes, the wedding of a granddaughter of Lady Sun does indeed call for something of a celebration."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:22 am

Ayano blinked, "...is the Imperial Palace ever actually quiet?" She thought of her own home, especially when mother was in residence. Always in motion, it was exhausting to even sit for a cup of tea.

To the children she said, "I believe another plots to bring you two to blows." Her head dips ever so slightly toward the Isawa. "Best to face a threat united."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:22 am
Ayano blinked, "...is the Imperial Palace ever actually quiet?" She thought of her own home, especially when mother was in residence. Always in motion, it was exhausting to even sit for a cup of tea.
"It's a relative thing, but this place can be very serene in the winter. Everything slows down a bit."
To the children she said, "I believe another plots to bring you two to blows." Her head dips ever so slightly toward the Isawa. "Best to face a threat united."
"Uncle Kyosei! What are you up to?!"

"Whaddya mean?"

"Makime-san is just giving us good advice, Soryu..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 am

Ayano points to the distracted children, "Slows down a bit?"

Her attention was now divided, however, with her role in foiling the Isawa's plan revealed there was the chance of retribution. Unlikely but present.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:11 am

Kyosei blinks innocently at the accusation. "Why, I never! How in the world would I have planned ahead to get the kami of water that likes me to wash over you, just from moving my hands so?" He moves his hands in a pattern under the water, and there is an obvious, if one looks for it, surge through the water, before it raises in front of each of the children, washes over them, in age order, before returning to swirling around the older man. "Surely you don't think I could be so devious?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:14 am

"No fair!"

"Just you wait, Uncle Kyosei, we'll get even"

"I kinda liked it!"

"Shirayuki..."

Sora sighed in contentment and answered the Lioness.

"Very much so. So much more relaxed..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 am

"Didn't you say that about my last trick? And the one before that, if I remember right... Yet here I sit, undisturbed." He shakes his head back and forth a few times in an exaggerated manner. "You really must learn to follow up on your word."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 pm

Ayano shook her head and then a small frown briefly appeared, a pang of jealousy maybe. Her own parents had been colder. She banished the thought quickly.

“If I may, Isawa-sama is a strong opponent. But strength can be overcome with coordination, the three of you can overcome him. Even with foresight he can’t guard three directions at once.”

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:31 pm

Misaki watched on quietly; Hotsprings, not being for washing per say but for after watching, were the engineer's time for meditation and cleansing her mind and body of stray thoughts and stubborn aches, to better focus on Duty and the challenges of the day. Truth be told, this sort of family closeness, even with all of its noise and splashing about, did little to effect that. If anything, it made it easier to get over worries and aches and just be in the moment. It wasn't as if it was super recognizable to her in a personal sense; Her family had been a very professional and subdued one in some senses. But it was something she'd seen in her work with the Heimin, something she associated with a release from the stress of hard work and long days.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 pm
“If I may, Isawa-sama is a strong opponent. But strength can be overcome with coordination, the three of you can overcome him. Even with foresight he can’t guard three directions at once.”
Sora chimed in. "But if you announce your plans out loud, he'll hear, so..."

The twins made eye contact and nodded. Soryu blinked.

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:08 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Sora chimed in. "But if you announce your plans out loud, he'll hear, so..."

The twins made eye contact and nodded. Soryu blinked.
"That too..." Ayano murmured, then glanced over at the Crane. "Any advice to add as well Doji-sama?" She smiled more warmly, "I am sure they would appreciate any extra help."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:21 pm

The smile that had touched her lips did spread a little bit as the cute Lion woman talked to her, Misaki glancing over at the situation, "I am afraid I know nothing about tactics or naval battles to be truthful. But working together rings true to me; The work of a dozen in a rice paddy can do more than twelve individuals alone. And a lone wolf does not survive long without a pack."

She almost wanted to indicate she would go in on the kids side in this case, but it seemed a bit rude to even look like she wanted to become part of a family affair.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:36 am

"Whoa! Wait, what? Didn't I just say it couldn't have been me? Surely it must be another villain!" His words of protestation might have been more believable with the big smile on his face.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 am

Soryu yelped as Phi sent a wave of water toward Kyosei from behind him, while Shirayuki moved to flank the Isawa, sending a wave his way- and incidentally drenching her father in the process.

Apparently, the twins figured that catching their own brother and father in the crossfire was acceptable, although they did their best to keep the Crane and Lion out of the line of fire.

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:49 am

Forgoing any help from the spirit of water any more - or having used up his favor with it, Kyosei switched to splashing with his hands back. He was fully soaked at this point, and the grin hadn't changed a bit, despite his obviously losing.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:54 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:36 am
"Whoa! Wait, what? Didn't I just say it couldn't have been me? Surely it must be another villain!" His words of protestation might have been more believable with the big smile on his face.
"Now now, Isawa-dono; Subterfuge has no place on an honorable battlefield. And to children no less. Especially when you couldn't be less believable if you tried."

The younger woman crossed her arms sternly, even as some of the ripples from all the splashing lapped at her shoulders.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 am

Kyosei blinked in her direction, allowing the twins to set up a double wave, swamping him under completely. He drops down, and can't be seen immediately as the water subsides.

His rising from the water is obvious, as he surges out, hands under Soryu's armpits, lifting the boys high into the air, before bringing him safely back down with a splash.

"Perhaps I need more tutoring, then, Doji-san. And I'm not a -dono at all." The words proceed the splash from Soryu re-entering the water, headed in the Doji's direction.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:13 am

Sora chuckled and wiped the water from his face.

"I might have to call for a cessation of hostilities, Kyosei, lest our guests think we never attend to anything serious around here..."

He shot each of his twin daughters a pointed glance.

"That goes for you two as well."

Current Theme

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:16 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 am
Kyosei blinked in her direction, allowing the twins to set up a double wave, swamping him under completely. He drops down, and can't be seen immediately as the water subsides.

His rising from the water is obvious, as he surges out, hands under Soryu's armpits, lifting the boys high into the air, before bringing him safely back down with a splash.

"Perhaps I need more tutoring, then, Doji-san. And I'm not a -dono at all." The words proceed the splash from Soryu re-entering the water, headed in the Doji's direction.
"You are an Imperial, my lord. I..."

Misaki isn't exactly... quick, and the wave swamps her, leaving her neat prim hairbun soaked and lightly steaming from the hot water. She managed to close her eyes and mouth, but some had gotten up her nose a little, and two fingers went up to gently massage the tip of that nose as her face stayed a bit scrunched up.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:18 am

"Ah, yes, fair enough, Sora. And, in the interests of fairness, would the esteemed Crane like a chance to splash me, before we end for the morning?"