[Day 1, Early Morning] At Least The Day Started Well (Open)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 1, Early Morning] At Least The Day Started Well (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:02 pm

They cut an odd picture as they headed out for the hot springs.

Kinyoubi wasn't with them- she was keeping her bathing indoors until the child came.

So it was Sora- scarred, craggy, and intensely unselfconscious- who led the way.

He didn't cover himself with a towel- he kept it slung over his shoulder- and he simply strode out, enjoying the early winter air and the clean scent of the outdoors.

Phi and Shirayuki wre both a bit more proper, each of the girls wrapping herself with a towel.

And Soryu... well. He was seven. If he wanted to drape the towel over his head and say he was a monk, who was Sora to argue?

The family group entered the water and settled down to what promised to be the high point of Sora's day.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Re: [Day 1, Early Morning] At Least The Day Started Well (Open)

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:53 pm

It was going to be a long day and much of it spent in largely uncomfortable ceremony. So for the young Lion, a bath before battle seemed to be in order. She wrapped a towel for modesty and suddenly found herself staring down three children and...a famous hero? Yes, she had vague memories of the man when he had visited her mother to discuss the building of a library. Ayano had been younger then and spent the time watching from a door frame half hidden. She hadn't known anyone to match her mother's sour expressions till she glimpsed that meeting.

Ayano considered slipping back out to let the little family have the space privately, but she was too committed to do so without causing an offense. "Pardon my intrusion Jiyo-sama, I was not paying attention." The Makime dipped into an abbreviated and apologetic bow, not going low enough to risk her modesty.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:56 pm

Another soon appeared, and seemed to take a long time to scrape and scrub before entering the baths. When he did, it was a figure familiar to the oldest, and slightly known to the others from occasional visitor. He ducked under, and came up blowing water out of his mouth. "Nope, still can't do it. I have no idea how they do that."

He looks over at the others, then nods his head. "Oh, hello. Or, supposed to ask if you've eaten, aren't I? I have, anyways." Then he noticed the other, the Lion. "Good morning to you! I am Kyosei, of the Isawa. I am a trader and overseer. I hope you've eaten, too?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:59 pm

"Oh, no intrusion..."

He paused.

The hair color indicated possibly...

"... Lion-san? The hot springs are open to all of our visitors, and it's a beautiful day to be outdoors, neh? Oh, sorry, I'm Jiyo Sora, and these are my children- Shirayuki, Phi, and Soryu."

Phi smiled and nodded from her spot in the water, Shirayuki smiled and waved, and Soryu appeared to be staring at Ayano's hair.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:16 am

Ayano waved back at the children and stepped around into the water. Here eyes flicked to the new comer and she turned to address the whole group at once.

"You have the right of it, Jiyo-sama. Ayano of the Makime," Her smile twitched slightly, "...I suppose the senior envoy of the Lion delegation, representing the Makime daimyo at the wedding. A pleasure to meet all of you."

"...and I have not had a chance to eat yet, Isawa..." She was unsure of their relative positions or if the Imperials even cared about such things, "-sama."

She settled into the water. "You have a question I think?" Her eyes shifted to the boy staring at her hair. "I would have thought these more...novel." She taps her cheek, pointing to the green eyes above them. "My Grandfather told me both were from the Fortune Daikoku, but he says that about a lot of things."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:17 am

A bath in the morning was tradition; A short bath, morning prayers, a small simple meal, and then the day could truly begin. Having already thanked the Fortunes and had a big of porridge with barley tea, Doji Mizuki washed in the bathing area then made for the hot spring to cleanse her body and mind with the more natural elements.

The fact that there were others already there was unsurprising, and the woman gave a bow after sliding the door closed behind her. A towel was held to her front, and her long black hair was pinned up in a bun so as to keep out of the springs, "Good morning, minna-san. I pray the morning here finds everyone well?"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 am

"Dad says the Fortunes are always looking after us-"

Soryu trailed off as one of his sisters- Shirayuki? Phi? They even sounded alike most of the time! said "Hiya Uncle Kyosei!"

Sora spotted the Crane and inclined his head in greeting.

"A fine day in a pleasant bath with good company, Miss...?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 am

Kyosei blinked at the honorific, but accepted it. He didn't see himself that way, but allowed that others did, or might. "Would you like something? I have some rice balls in my pack."

He nodded to the next arrival. "Kyosei, of the Isawa. Good morning to you."

"Hiya, squirtlings. I have new tales for later, and even a few small gifts, with your father's and mother's permissions, of course."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:25 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 am
"Hiya, squirtlings. I have new tales for later, and even a few small gifts, with your father's and mother's permissions, of course."
Sora snorted. "I'm a soft touch, Kyosei, you know that..."

"What'd you bring?"

"Soryu! Remember what Mom and Dad said about manners..."

"Dad always says they're a waste of time..."

"Not helping, Phi."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:27 am

"Well, I'll leave you with this little riddle. Why did I call you squirtlings, instead of one of my usual stone-related nicknames?"

"And that's why I included their mother."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:38 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 am
Sora spotted the Crane and inclined his head in greeting.

"A fine day in a pleasant bath with good company, Miss...?"
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 am
He nodded to the next arrival. "Kyosei, of the Isawa. Good morning to you."
"Misaki, of the Doji. And hello to you as well, young ones."

She gave a slight bow of her head to the 'squirtlings' with a soft slight smile before walking over to the springs and sinking in gracefully. There was nothing wrong with liveliness; It was a sign of peace and prosperity and happiness, after all. Why it'd even gotten her to smile a bit, lower her On and her honor shields a little bit.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:41 am

Ayano glanced at the other woman's entrance, she shifted slightly and then dipped her head in a small bow. She almost just said her own name, but thought it best to wait instead...

"Ah...thank you Isawa-sama but no, I will take a meal after the bath." She chuckled, "I wouldn't want to risk dropping rice into the Emperor's bath. I am after all a guest here." Her eyes flick back to the new comer before returning to the main group.

"Manners a waste of time?" Ayano focuses on Sora now then laughs softly and surprisingly without a hint of mockery, "Your...famous blunteness proceeds you I think."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:47 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:41 am
"Manners a waste of time?" Ayano focuses on Sora now then laughs softly and surprisingly without a hint of mockery, "Your...famous blunteness proceeds you I think."
He likewise seemed amused. "My trade secrets being given away by my scurrilous offspring!"

"What's scurrilous mean?"

"Dad's saying Phi's trying to damage his reputation."

"Yeah, except he beat me to it years ago!"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:49 am

Kyosei makes an exaggerated blink, then seems to stiffen, before turning to Sora. "Manners a waste of time?! How could you say such a thin*snort*, a thing? Manners are very important, VERY Impo*snort*, heh, ha, ha! Sorry, couldn't keep it up." He waves his fingers in the water in a strange pattern, and a small wavelet heads towards the kids. "Manners have their place, but around Sora, not as much."

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:00 am

"I hope my chosing to keep my manners is not offensive then. She glanced at the coppery haired woman and inclined her head, "Pardon if I missed you with my introduction; This one is Misaki, of the Doji. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

A formal greeting. Maybe too formal for the company? Misaki did not think it would be, considering the atmosphere of those about and how casual the conversation was.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 am

Kyosei smiled as the Crane introduced herself again. He truly did know that manners had their place, and some were more formal than others. But, he found it hard to be so around the children.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 am

Ayano's eyes returned to the Crane, "Ayano of the Makime." She smiled then straightened a little, "Senior envoy of the Lion delegation, as far as I am aware. A pleasure to meet you."

"And no...my apologies if my own are not adequate." The young Lion suddenly felt a little self-conscious, having let her guard down a little earlier.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:18 am

Misaki shook her head, allowing herself the small smile again, "It is of no concern to me, sama. Today is a day of celebration, and hot springs like this are a blessing from the Heavens, much like children. It would be prudish of this one to suggest such things must be enjoyed in some proper way, especially on a day like this one."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:20 am

Kyosei seems to be doing something. He will move his hands, under the water, then a small wave will appear behind one of the children, apparently at random, then wash over them. He is not, however, chanting, or anything else.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:14 am

Ayano nodded a bit relieved at the Crane's words. "As you say Doji-sama." Again she was unsure their positions...but the Lioness knew the Crane adhered to hierarchy and was even more leery to risk the insult. She looked to the children and the Isawa for a moment, the little game holding her attention for a moment while she recentered herself.

"I imagine some celebration it will be, given it is the marriage of one of Lady Sun's granddaughters."