[D1, LA] Ivindi Soak

Viveki Doshi

Re: [D1, LA] Ivindi Soak

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:00 pm

"I would be very happy to teach you some Rhuumal. I have something of a gift for languages." She stretches her arms beneath the water. "It is unfortunate that I did not travel with a Kshatriya, but my family does not tend to associate with their kind."

Viveki pauses, as if realizing something. "Ah, yes. In the Ivory Kingdoms, there are many... levels of people? Like with your samurai and servants. Different types of people." She shakes her head. "I am explaining it poorly. Families that are merchants, such as my own, do not tend to associate with the warrior houses, or with the priests. We believe that it brings about spiritual... dirt? If that makes sense?"
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:03 pm

"That is... remarkably close to our Celestial Order, as I have heard Lord Hisomu describe it," she nods. "It is the duty of Samurai to fight and defend the land. The duty of the servants to farm the land and assist with the Samurai's needs. And so on."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:07 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:03 pm
"That is... remarkably close to our Celestial Order, as I have heard Lord Hisomu describe it," she nods. "It is the duty of Samurai to fight and defend the land. The duty of the servants to farm the land and assist with the Samurai's needs. And so on."
Viveki nods enthusiastically. "Yes, just so! It is a relief to learn that your people also have realized the orderly nature of our world." She takes a moment to look Ayeka up and down. "You are one of the warriors, then?"
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:07 pm

Kuu entered the bath and nodded to the two bathers without speaking up. He sat and closed his eyes, trying to center himself and enjoy the peace of this place. He didn't find his focus, but it was still relaxing regardless.

D1 LA, Meditation/Void, TN 20: 6d10o10k3 17
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:09 pm

Viveki turns toward the new arrival, and then sinks a bit deeper into the water when she notices that it's a man. Her gaze moves between the new arrival and Ayeka, gauging her reaction.

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:11 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:07 pm
Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:03 pm
Viveki nods enthusiastically. "Yes, just so! It is a relief to learn that your people also have realized the orderly nature of our world." She takes a moment to look Ayeka up and down. "You are one of the warriors, then?"
"I am glad that our people have harmonious views," she bobs her head. "Yes, I am Samurai. To my knowledge, only Samurai carry the names of the Kami and their original followers." Seeing the monk appear, she offers a nod of her head, but does not bother him. One attempting to maintain their focus should be respected.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:18 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:11 pm
"I am glad that our people have harmonious views," she bobs her head. "Yes, I am Samurai. To my knowledge, only Samurai carry the names of the Kami and their original followers." Seeing the monk appear, she offers a nod of her head, but does not bother him. One attempting to maintain their focus should be respected.
"Interesting," she murmurs, though it's unclear whether she was responding to Ayeka's words or her behavior towards the new arrival. "What names do your servants carry, then? And what of the child of one of these original followers of the Kami?"

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 pm

"They do not carry any name save their own, as I understand." She offers. "The original followers of the Kami are many, but only their chosen few were given families to call their own. I am of course two young to know how or why those decisions were made."

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:24 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 pm
"They do not carry any name save their own, as I understand." She offers. "The original followers of the Kami are many, but only their chosen few were given families to call their own. I am of course two young to know how or why those decisions were made."
"Is that so?" Her eyebrows arch in curiosity. "I spoke with another woman earlier today... Hantei Kinsen, I believe? She implied that the women of your lands age more slowly than usual. I did not want to make any assumptions as to your age because of this."

Viveki floats a bit closer. "You are the daughter of two Spider family samurai, then? Were they among the original followers of the Kami?"

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 pm

"I think her situation is different thanks to her Union with Hantei," Ayeka suggested. "But I am only Nineteen years old by the Imperial Calendar."

She floats a bit closer as well, so they can keep a quieter conversation. "The Spider's situation is somewhat strange. Hisomu did not land with the rest of the Kami, and was rescued from a fell pit fifteen years ago. My parents followed his wife and watched over what are now the Lands of the Spider while the expedition took place."

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:32 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 pm
"I think her situation is different thanks to her Union with Hantei," Ayeka suggested. "But I am only Nineteen years old by the Imperial Calendar."

She floats a bit closer as well, so they can keep a quieter conversation. "The Spider's situation is somewhat strange. Hisomu did not land with the rest of the Kami, and was rescued from a fell pit fifteen years ago. My parents followed his wife and watched over what are now the Lands of the Spider while the expedition took place."
Viveki's brow furrows in confusion. "His wife? He was married before he fell to earth?"

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:35 pm

"In a sense, it was an extended betrothal," she explains. "Lady Reiko is a talented seer, and saw visions of Hisomu in the pit. It was her guidance that brought the Empire to Hisomu and saved him." A pause, then she continues. "There is much more to that tale, but I would let better storytellers than myself tell it, if that is alright."

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:38 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:35 pm
"In a sense, it was an extended betrothal," she explains. "Lady Reiko is a talented seer, and saw visions of Hisomu in the pit. It was her guidance that brought the Empire to Hisomu and saved him." A pause, then she continues. "There is much more to that tale, but I would let better storytellers than myself tell it, if that is alright."
"Of course." Viveki nods in understanding. "I can understand not wanting to tell an important tale poorly, especially to one hearing it for the first time."

There's a pause. "When you say that Reiko is a seer, you mean that she can read the future? She is one of your priests?"

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:40 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:38 pm
"Of course." Viveki nods in understanding. "I can understand not wanting to tell an important tale poorly, especially to one hearing it for the first time."

There's a pause. "When you say that Reiko is a seer, you mean that she can read the future? She is one of your priests?"
"She is, though not all of our priests are seers, nor all of seers priests. It is... somewhat complex I think, since shugenja are also Samurai, but monks are also priests and yet not Samurai themselves."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:42 pm

"My order has records of those that took part in the expedition. I was among the people that recorded those stories from a few of those that returned successfully," Kuu says, finally speaking up.

"It is a popular story I've told to shrine visitors over the years. Not quite as good as speaking with someone that went through. There are a few here."

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:49 pm

Viveki turns toward the monk as he speaks, floating back away from Ayeka a bit to make a more equal triangle of conversation. "I would be most interested in hearing this story," she says to him. "Not necessarily at this moment, but perhaps in a more... clothed setting?"

She glances back to Ayeka. "Shugenja are your priests, correct? They also belong to the warrior families, then?"

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:52 pm

"Brother, I would be glad to hear your order's telling of the Expedition. The version of it I heard from Kanna-sensei is unfortunately too... colorful for my liking."

Her head turns to Viveki again. "That is correct, Viveki-san."

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:57 pm

"Well, it was a colorful expedition. I am called Kuu, of the Order of Heroes," he says in introduction.

Directing towards the foreigner, "Not a suggestion that we are heroic ourselves. We record and keep tales of heroes past while seeking out and encouraging the potential heroes of the present."

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:58 pm

Viveki nods in understanding. "You are a servant, then?" She glances toward Ayeka, as if to confirm. "Since he does not have a family name?"

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:04 am

"Ah, no, he is a Monk, indicated by the order he belongs to," she explains. "Neither Samurai nor Servant. Men and women who seek to understand the world," she looks to Kuu to confirm her words.