Waking Dream [D5EE]

Doji Hikaru

Re: Waking Dream [D5EE]

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Hikaru regarded Ko with curious eyes as she spoke. He didn't interrupt as she was speaking of nature, nor even comment as she finished. He took a breath of the fresh air as she did, the wind brushing back his long hair. His solitary white lock seemed to dance in even the gentle breeze, as though processed of a mind of its own.

"Yes." He said, giving Ko a sidelong glance and a smile. "Beauty is where we see it, is it not? Beauty is..." He pressed his lips together a moment, "-something that makes us feel. When I see something beautiful, I find myself wanting to paint it, or write poetry about it. Or, sometimes, just study it, and experience the feeling."

Another moment, and he turned his head again, looking out the window. "Every moment is fleeting." He said, voice soft.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:54 am

Ko takes herself a seat nearby Hikaru, as close as is available without being untoward but maybe a little close for comfort with a stranger. Instead of looking out the window she looks down the corridor as her brow furrows in thought. Hands coming up into her lap, fingers intertwining with one another, thumbs resting one atop the other. Shifting the resting position of the thumbs as she continues a thought for a minute, maybe more, but eventually her focus comes back to the moment here.

Looking to Hikaru she says, "Maybe.. beauty is not a good definition of what is good?"
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:51 am

Hikaru hesitated as Ko sat close. Was personal space just not a Dragon concept? He shifted a little, but did not move away. And again he watched as her hands performed their little dance. And then, while she spent time thinking, Hikaru was content to wait and watch the moon in silence.

He looked back as she spoke. "There is virtue in creating beauty, even in yourself. But perhaps beauty itself does not define good, no." For a moment, it seemed as though he might be about to say more, but he shook his head, looking out the window again.

After a few moments, he looked back to her, smiling gently. "We are truly speaking, aren't we? I suddenly worry that I've fallen asleep while writing, and this is a strange dream."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Ko was content in thinking on the topic as his previous words had guided it when Hikaru spoke again. Breaking her from what might have seemed a reverie she looks to him with furrowed brow. Shifting half a turn toward him to face him more directly. Regarding him for a couple seconds, maybe a few more, "We are. Unless we are sharing the same dream? Why do you worry so?"
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Hikaru's eyebrows went up. "You mean, if we were sharing a dream, that would be fine?" He considered that.

After a few moments, he shrugged. "Perhaps it would. But I do like to know when I am dreaming, and when I wake." A shadow passed over his face at that; it took a moment before he shook his head, dismissing the dark thought. "Don't you?"

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:03 pm

"I mean that we are awake. Unless we are sharing a dream," she clarifies with the briefest touch of a smile, a nod. Waiting those few moments as he seemed to consider something perhaps. Another nod in acknowledgement of his words at least, "I have not considered it. I do not often wonder if I am awake. I just am," she looks to him with furrowed brow.

"Is something troubling you?" she asks, looking to him with a tilt of her head. "This question seems strange."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:06 am

Gently, Hikaru shook his head. "I apologize. This just feels very much as a dream feels. This night. The moon. You."

Just as gently, he gave her a smile. "I hope you do not take it as an insult when I say you remind me of a spirit. I have met a small number of them. It is always fascinating."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:15 am

Ko regards him, thinking as he speaks though with the smile her eyes do flit toward it momentarily before being recaptured by the thought. A brief smile of her own, she nods, "I do not believe such a thing could be considered an insult. Spirits are fascinating beings with much wisdom," a nod, a smile. "I enjoy being compared to one."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:24 pm

"I see." Hikaru said. After a moment, he nodded, still smiling ever so gently. "Good." He did note that enjoying being compared to one was not a straight denial; in truth, he didn't strongly suspect it, but it seemed a possibility.

"In truth, there is something of the spirits in all the Dragon I have met so far." Hikaru said. "I feel that I may admire your clan very much. Perhaps in the future I will be able to complete the journey I was so recently forced to abort."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:31 am

A nod, "I think you would like the home. Perhaps, when you do, you will come visit Satsuki? Then I will be able to see you then as well. I would like that, I think," she says, giving a brief smile with the assertion.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:49 am

Hikaru's lips parted, then closed. "Perhaps I will." He said. "And I think I would like that as well. And to meet Lord Togashi and Lady Saruko." He inclined his head. "If they all would have me, of course."

He tilted his head, regarding her. "Would you tell me of your home there?"

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:54 am

"My home? Now it is at Satsuki's side. A place I am happy to be. Near as I can be, as Saruko has requested," she says,a brief smile as she watches him regarding her a moment, tilting her head with his. However, she settles first, quickly, and looks back toward the corridor with a wandering mind for the surrounding area.

"Unless you mean to ask of my first homes. Then I have two."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:54 pm

"It is? I see." Hikaru considered that a few moments. "She is fortunate. But I am not surprised." Hikaru smiled gently. "She has a way about her... it is hard to explain." The phrase like moths to a flame came to mind, but the tingling in his scalp made him pause.

"But I understand. I feel that way about my place with Lady Doji. Alas, right now..." He waved a hand around. "But perhaps I did mean to ask of your first homes, then."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm

Ko measures him a moment, regarding a thought which crossed her mind. A hand coming up to her chin, touching, and then falling once more. Shifting a little toward him, so that she was more conversational again, "I grew up with my mother. She was a good mother, the tribe was distant. I do not remember them well. My mother grew sick when I was young. Years later she passed," she says this, an almost matter of fact tone taking over. "I do not remember the place itself well," she admits, a shake of her head.

"Then I went to the forest where I met my mentor. He would not teach me at first. He relented, and I lived with him. It is a beautiful place among the trees he calls home. I love it there," she says with a brief smile. Looking down in memory of that place. "But- then I came to Saruko and Satsuki, which you know. As well," she looks back up to him, regarding him again. "I suspect you might like to speak on them? Or.. this concern you wave around?" she says, looking to the hand he just waved with.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:40 pm

"Oh..." Hikaru gave a vague wave of the hand. "Well, I have no particular feeling about talking about them." He pursed his lips for a few moments, considering.

Then, looking at her, he bowed. "I think perhaps we should be getting back." He straightened, smiling just a little. "It has been an unexpected pleasure meeting you, Wu-san."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:31 am

Ko's eyes widen a tad at the turn of things. Glancing down to her own hands as they lay out in front of herself in her lap. Rising from the seated spot by the bench she regards him, an awkward and unpracticed bow in turn. "Yes. It has been good," she says, glancing down and away a moment. A small sigh. Focusing up toward him again, "I will be there soon," she said, a brief smile, walking to be closer to the window they sat beside when he moves. Letting her head lean out into the fresher air a moment.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:18 am

Hikaru inclined his head. "I feel that this will not be our only conversation." He said. There was a brief pause. "Until we meet again."

Another brief pause, Hikaru watching her, and then he turned, walking away.

/exit