[D4, EN] Eyes that Glow in the Dark

Hantei Kinsen

[D4, EN] Eyes that Glow in the Dark

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Kinsen gentle, cat-like steps move through the castle corridors early in the night.

Is that sleepwalk, insomnia or hunger?
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Re: [D4, EN] Eyes that Glow in the Dark

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:08 pm

For Susumu, the answer to that question is "insomnia". He had drank quite a bit of tea during the debate and now his mind would not quiet, causing him to pace.

He heart does a jump as he spies someone else in the hallway. "Who is it?" He hisses, eyes straining to adjust to the light
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:05 pm

A moment of silence and Kinsen makes sure she's presentable, standing up tall. She takes a few steps forward and announces herself, "Hantei Kinsen here, I am sorry for my rudeness. Who's there?"

She could see the silhouette nearby, but the light was indeed precarious and far from where she stands.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:04 pm

Ho boy, the spouse of a kami. The spouse

Susumu quickly runs a hand through his hair, straightening it, and tidying his robes. Finally, he responds.

"It is Hisomu Susumu, honorable one"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Kinsen stops for a moment whispering to herself, "Nani... Hisomu?"

Diving into the fact that she only met one person named Hisomu so far, she shakes her head and refocuses attention to the newcomer. She provides a bow. Proper. "May the light of Lady Sun bless Hisomu-san. I hope he has been finding himself well here." Despite the dark corridor.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:28 pm

"May the Fortunes favor you and your people" Susumu bows in return. "Please forgive my interruption Hantei-sama. My mind has been too restless to sleep, I hope that I did not disturb you too badly"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:30 pm

"I wasn't too bad. No." Kinsen says shaking her head and moving closer still so both can see each other better under the indirect light of the night lamps. "I confess I wasn't expecting people walking in the corridors at this time."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:24 pm

Hisomu bows again, and then moves further into the light. "I wasn't thinking about the idea at all. An oversight on my part I am afraid. How may I be of service?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:23 am

"Not fault on that, of course." She says, locking a bang of hair behind her ear as he comes near the light. Kinsen takes a moment as her eyes scan the man a bit better, and then she smiles, saying, "I wasn't expecting company, yet, if Hisomu-san would like to take a walk until I reach the... ahm... gardens, I would appreciate the conversation." She wasn't lying about the gardens, of course.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:32 am

"It would be an honor" Susumu bows again, setting his on firmly in place as he pivots to adjust his route and follow Kinsen.

"Is there a particular subject that is keeping you awake Kinsen-sama?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:34 pm

She looks at him, and then looks to the corridor ahead. A small shrug and she confesses putting a hand over her mouth and giggling, "I woke up rather hungry."

She looks back at him with an inquisitive head cock, asking, "What about Hisomu-san. What thoughts are making him so aware?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Well, if that isn't ominous

"They are nothing that you need trouble yourself over Honorable Elder." Hisomu replies in his best diplomat voice. "A logic problem, if you will. Making sense of needs, wants and fears and drawing lines for them to make shapes, like picking an image from the stars in the sky"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:28 am

Kinsen raises en eyebrow with mixed feelings at the honorifics he just bestowed her. After a moment of thought, she replies, "One shouldn't dabble much in such thoughts, since they do portray two of the most grave sins. I hope your mind finds solace soon. Perhaps after we chat while we walk I might be able to be of help to what ails Hisomu-san's mind."

She closes her eyes in a display of sincerity and then looks to the path ahead.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:09 pm

"Oh?" Susumu replies, curiosity touching his voice. He does not break stride as he walks "Which two are you referring to?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:14 pm

“Fear and Desire.” Kinsen mentions, looking back at him.

Then, she taps on honor to get a better glimpse of the man, “Tell me then, Hisomu-san, what is your main duty to you lord?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Susumu pauses, ever the diplomat as he formulates his words.

"I am a representative from our library and records. I help to gather the pertinent information on rulings and our current legal code, and do my best to interpret to help in case disputes. I also am called on to meditate when Hisomu-dono wishes to avoid even the appearance of favoritism."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Kinsen nods and opens a smile. "That is indeed very commendable. I am content to meet someone ever so dutiful to Hisomu-kami-sama; and of such importance."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:30 pm

Now, that was a tricky statement. A response of excessive modesty would diminish himself, while excessive praise would make him a braggart to one who held a great deal more sway than he wielded.

"I am happy for your contentment, as I fear that I have little else to provide of myself, but myself." Susumu replies wryly, doing his best to wiggle out of a direct response. "The reward for skilled and dutiful service is more service, and I consider it an honor to assist my Lord and Clan in whatever way I can. I love my brothers and sisters in the Clan at large, so if what I do well is speak, I shall do my best to be a voice"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:50 am

She purses her lips while listening, acknowledging Susumu's devotion and rewarded influence. Taking some air, she comments, "So Hisomu-san acts as voice to the Spider here in this court?"

A chuckle and she says, "Also, please, do not say you fear. I am quite sure that providing yourself is adequate enough."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:52 pm

"A voice. Not the Voice." Susumu does his best to be polite in the clarifcation. "I would be foolish to believe that all members of the Spider, or even in our contingent are in the same mind on all opinions. Yet there is value in helping them convey their message in the more effective manner, which is my hope"