Parting (D9LE, CLOSED)

Doji Hikaru

Parting (D9LE, CLOSED)

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:54 am

It had been a long day. A long day at the end of a long, very strange, week. The mundanity of the tasks he had been engaged in, packing and such, were almost meditative, but they were still quite occupying. Now, it was quite nearly the time that he needed to be going to sleep. But he wasn't. He had a promise that he very much wanted to keep.

Unfortunately, it was easier said than done. Hikaru couldn't just go up and scratch at Satsuki's door. There was a chance that Ko might approve, but, well, it still wouldn't be proper. Instead, he just had to trust that she was looking for him, as he was looking for her. Believe, Hikaru. Fortunately, that was always easy for him.

Wandering, he found himself near the spot he'd met Ko, a quiet corridor with a sheltered window, still open, looking out into the garden. A gust of wind blew in, stirring his hair, his white lock whipping about... clue enough if Hikaru had noticed it, but he didn't.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Re: Parting (D9LE, CLOSED)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:07 am

Had he been paying attention, he might've seen the way the white lock of hair swayed towards the direction of the approaching Dragon.

Satsuki had finished packing a while ago, as she didn't have that many belongings to pack up too, and having gifted a few possessions in the past week to exceptional samurai from the other clans, her travelling pack was also a bit lighter. And she had been hoping to go over to the Crane quarters, to see Hikaru one last time.

That she would see him again here in the corridors, was a surprise. But a welcome one. "You seem lost in thought, Hikaru-san," she said, almost cheerfully as she felt bubbly feelings of excitement to see him now once more. She got to see him once more before everyone would be leaving.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:14 am

Hearing that familiar voice, Hikaru half-turned, looking over his shoulder at her. A quick flash of a smile, a hint of a pleased flush, before he turned the rest of the way, bowing smoothly.

"Do I, Satsuki-sama?" Hikaru asked. His tone was polite, perhaps a touch warm, but he couldn't help but smile again. "I suppose my mind was elsewhere." His eyes lingered on her a moment.

Raising his hand, Hikaru gestured to the window. "Would you care to join me? This view of the garden is lovely in the moonlight, and warm enough." Indeed, there was space for two in front of the window. Two people might stand there, companionably close.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:27 am

"I'd like that," she said a touch shyly, moving to stand beside him to turn her attention out the window... and then back to Hikaru. A brief sheepish chuckle elicited from her, and Satsuki tucked a lock of white hair behind her own ear.

"I was hoping I'd see you today. One last time."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:41 am

Hikaru slowly inclined his head, his eyes on her as he did so. "As would I." He said, turning to look out the window. And then, as she looked at him, he looked at her. A contrast to Satsuki's slight shyness, Hikaru's confidence could be seen in his gentle smile.

"I was hoping the same." Hikaru's voice was soft, pitched for her ears alone. "Our goodbyes last night were..." he paused a moment, lips curling up, "-very nice indeed. But I still hoped for another."

Looking out to the garden, he sighed, half-pleasant, half-pensive. "I can't stay long. The Crane mean to leave early tomorrow. There is much news to report, and Lady Doji's assistance to see to."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:23 am

The secret words for her alone, his smile, the closeness... Satsuki found her cheeks hotter than normal. "I... yeah. It was very nice." She strongly considered leaning in for another kiss now, but someone could pass by at any moment.

"I can't stay too long either, as we'll be setting out at daybreak as well. Likewise, there is much to tell father. All that happened yesterday, what we learned about Lady Doji..." she murmured a bit, unsure of how much how he might already know or if it had been obscured too by the demonic powers, similarly to how it had been for Yuzuru and Sora.

"We both have much to do in the immediate future."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:38 am

Hikaru felt that draw, too. They weren't touching, but only a few inches separated them. His eyes flickered to her lips, noting how soft they looked. He knew they were soft... with an effort, he looked away, his gaze going back to the garden.

"Yes." He said. After a moment, he looked back at her. "I hope our efforts will help your father as well. I believe that they will." This time, it was his turn to speak with confidence.

His lips pursed. "Travel from here to Dragon Lands. A few weeks to prepare. Travel from there to Crane lands..." His brow furrowed. "A few months?" He asked uncertainly.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:36 pm

"Father might be prone to introspection and acting with caution, but I believe he will move fast once he is made aware of what has transpired here. It seems... according to uncle Yuzuru, there was something the demons did that clouded his foresight, I believe it must've been the same for others with that gift as well. Father might not have known about this." She sighed but remained convinced that Togashi would act with nedcessary haste considering the dangers.

Looking to the garden as well, Satsuki lowered her voice. "Seeing you again, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I'm sure of it."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:43 pm

Hikaru gave Satsuki a sidelong look. "Jiyo-sama spoke of this clouding as well. I expect your father Lord Togashi will be pleased to receive your report. Knowledge is important." How relieved he was to finally have answers.

Taking a deep breath, Hikaru turned to look more directly at Satsuki, smile and eyes both warm. "Yes." He said, simply, confidently. He knew he would feel the same.

For just an instant, he leaned closer to her. "When your family comes, I expect there will be some ceremony. Some tea. But after..." He pursed his lips, "-if you go to the garden, I'll find you there."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:38 pm

Chuckling, Satsuki gave a knowing nod. "The gardens do have a reputation for being pretty amazing. I would very much like to see them when I'm there." It was an innocent enough statement, but it would hopefully be a meeting like last night's.

"... Be careful returning home, alright? It's going to be a rough time ahead for the Crane - with the talks of purges."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:45 pm

Hikaru returned her nod. "I shall give you a very thorough tour of them, I promise." Indeed, the glint in his eyes seemed to promise a bit more than that.

He took a deep breath. "I shall. In truth, I am not worried for myself. While there has been some question of my methods, my loyalty to Lady Doji is beyond question." His lips pressed together. "But, to you, I will admit some worry. Great change is coming for the Crane. And we are not the most flexible of Clans. We're going to need help..." his lips shifted, "-and I fear that having two demons in our midst will make others less willing to help." His worry lines were back, although they softened as he looked at Satsuki.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:41 am

Satsuki's fingers spread out steadily on the frame of the window, her gaze focused ahead. Like in court the previous day, she was reminded once again of the responsibilities she had here, of speaking for the Dragon - and her family. It was why she had come here.

"Hmmm... I can see that. But, the Dragon will support you. Personally, and in court. As the Little Teacher says; one must bow to offer aid to a fallen man. The Crane might've stumbled and fallen, but... the Empire is united. As Hime-chan and I talked about today, division will only be to the advantage of the enemy." While it was a bit of a serious statement, it was spoken with sincerity and dedication.
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:19 am

Hikaru's hands were on the frame of the window as well. His expression steady, one hand shifted just a little closer; not touching, scarcely a suggestion, but the suggestion was there. As they stood, their bodies might shield from the eyes of casual passersby...

He looked at her, nodding slowly. "Yes. You're right." He smiled gently, still looking at her; her wisdom was another on the list of things he very much liked about her. "The Empire is united. And while I have my worries, I believe the Crane will be supported, and come through stronger."

Turning his head, Hikaru looked out the window. "My determination is my greatest strength... what is yours, Satsuki-sama?" He glanced back at her, still smiling, as he mirrored her question from the last night.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:38 pm

"My greatest strength...?" she pondered the question, as she believed she did have many strengths and good qualities. But which one was her strongest? "That's a difficult question to answer!"

Satsuki chuckled, looking between Hikaru and the gardens outside. "... I don't know, actually. Its not something I've thought about, and while I think I have many good virtues, I don't know which one is my most defining strengt? Maybe I'll have to think about my answer to your question, Hikaru-san?"
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Smiling, Hikaru nodded. "When next we meet, then." He was silent a moment, looking up at the moon. "But I think it is your compassion." He was silent again, watching the moon with the woman he had feelings for, and more than content to do so.

But then he sighed. "I must go." A brief pause, and he gave her a pained look that quickly turned sheepish. "No, I mean, really..." He sighed again, still smiling. "I would happily spend all night at this window with you. But there is still much to do in the morning, and Doji-sama wishes to have an early start..." He spread the fingers of one hand in a sort of shrug.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:05 pm

"My compassion, huh?" she mulled it over, smiling as she did. "Yeah, that could maybe be it."

At his words, Satsuki sighed too. "Yeah... you're right. The longer I stay here, the... harder it will be to say goodbye. The more I don't want to leave." Turning away from the window, she looked straight at Hikaru now.

"I... will miss you, even if I know we'll meet again."
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:31 pm

Turning to face her, Hikaru's expression softened, and then softened further. "And I will miss you, too." He said softly, his eyes meeting hers. He could spend all night looking into her eyes.

Gently, he smiled. "But I will think of you often, as we both travel, and as we see to our duties, far apart. Memories will keep me strong, until we are together again."

Down at his side, his right hand briefly clenched, and there was the slightest sway towards her, towards her lips. But instead, Hikaru smiled again. "Until we meet again... Satsuki." And with that, with visible effort, he turned, walking away. A brief pause, a glance back over his shoulder, to smile, and to capture the image of her standing in the moonlight.

And then he was gone.

/exit