Player Event: The Time Of Your Life (D8, LE) RP-Thread

Akodo Kawauso

Re: Player Event: The Time Of Your Life (D8, LE) RP-Thread

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:59 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:51 pm

Zhe smiles as he is reminded once more how shy the lioness truly is.

''Shu does enjoy the attention'' he replied as he looked down to the snoring fluffball ''But he does tire easily at this hour''
Kawauso laughs, in an obviously genuine way, thankful for the humor.

"I'm sure he's, ah, had a trying day," she says kindly, mostly composed now. "Oh... I was about to say that I'm sure we'll all sleep well tonight, but... Given everything, many probably won't." She frowns sadly, but doesn't look at the ground this time.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:30 pm

He nods slowly

''Our very dreams will soon be under siege'' he frowns ''All the more reasons to try and have good ones''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:58 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:30 pm
He nods slowly

''Our very dreams will soon be under siege'' he frowns ''All the more reasons to try and have good ones''
"Shu is trying to set a good example for us," Kawauso says, not really based on anything the red panda is doing. "And, um, for some of us, getting home may help. Dreams in a strange place can be... confusing," she says honestly.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:56 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:58 pm

"Shu is trying to set a good example for us," Kawauso says, not really based on anything the red panda is doing. "And, um, for some of us, getting home may help. Dreams in a strange place can be... confusing," she says honestly.
''Shu is fearless...only startled.''

He did feel sympathy for that statement

''Yes, home. A place of familiarity soothes the wary mind I hear. Did you have trouble sleeping while in the capital Akodo-san?''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:03 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:56 pm

''Shu is fearless...only startled.''

He did feel sympathy for that statement

''Yes, home. A place of familiarity soothes the wary mind I hear. Did you have trouble sleeping while in the capital Akodo-san?''
"Maybe at first, Wu-sama? I think... not generally, but I have... I think had too many things on my mind to rest very well. Not all sleep is equally restful, I've heard some say."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:41 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:40 pm
"My apologies for leaving your side, Makime-san," a bow. She expected Ayano to understand of course. "We were talking about the instrument, yes? As for me... it took me a couple of years to get the proper hang of it, playing something more than just the most basic melodies. My instrument was a gift from my aunt Lady Shinjo, for my gempukku. I think my mother let her know that it was an instrument I enjoyed."

Having said this, she pointed out some of the subtle carving on the instrument's side, which seemed to depict ki-rin in motion - maybe dancing. " And yes, there is a vibration chamber that enforces the sounds. The strings are actually made of twisted silk, perhaps even from the lands of your family?"
"If it is good silk it did!" Ayano exclaimed, smiling proudly and then blushing slightly, "...ah, so it was a gift then? I wonder if it is important to Ki-Rin or if Lady Shinjo did it purely because you had favored it?" Her eyes traced the carvings, "A work of art...which creates a work of art. Something of a poetic beauty."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:05 am

"Hmm... I know that Lady Shinjo likes music herself, but I suspect she might've picked this one because I liked it. I know my mother frequently writes letters to the different parts of the Empire, keeping in touch with friends and family, and she always sends small gifts on behalf of her and father to new children born or children going through their gempukku," Satsuki explained with a warmth in her voice.

Ayano's proud smile was really adorable, so she couldn't help but to chuckle and smile. "You really should come visit Great Falls and stay a while; the craftsmen there all create beautiful instruments like this, I'm sure you'd find one you like, and opportunity to learn to play it."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:33 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:07 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 am
"Oh." A brow arches above the veil. So that was the Bat's source? "Then of course, I'll convey that to my lord Bayushi and Lady Shosuro, with pleasure." She looks down at her koto for a moment or two, minutely adjusting one of the bridges tensioning the strings. "Perhaps they will also have some idea how Kakita-san knew he would need such a thing."
"Perhaps they will, at that."

He smiled.
"Of course, a courtier of your status could also speak to my lord himself," Kogi says, inclining her head slightly. "But as an emissary, I'm well accustomed to being a go-between with such messages."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:02 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:33 am
"Of course, a courtier of your status could also speak to my lord himself," Kogi says, inclining her head slightly. "But as an emissary, I'm well accustomed to being a go-between with such messages."
"And Bayushi-Kami has so many demands on his time..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:39 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:02 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:33 am
"And Bayushi-Kami has so many demands on his time..."
"More than most of us knew, even," Kogi says in a very slightly dry tone, thinking of the hours spent filling in for Emperor Shiba lately.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:21 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:39 am
"More than most of us knew, even," Kogi says in a very slightly dry tone, thinking of the hours spent filling in for Emperor Shiba lately.
"Just so, Bayushi-san. Your Lord's work is never done."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:33 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:03 pm
"Maybe at first, Wu-sama? I think... not generally, but I have... I think had too many things on my mind to rest very well. Not all sleep is equally restful, I've heard some say."
''Indeed. I am not an expert on dreams but I heard normal dreams reflect your what happens during the day.''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:41 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:33 pm
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:03 pm
''Indeed. I am not an expert on dreams but I heard normal dreams reflect your what happens during the day.''
"That..." She laughs a little. "That sounds right. Although for some, that will make tonight unpleasant." She says it matter-of-factly. "Er, I'm sorry. I should show more compassion." She looks at Zhe and even in the low light, he can see how tired she looks and feels now.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:42 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:41 pm
"That..." She laughs a little. "That sounds right. Although for some, that will make tonight unpleasant." She says it matter-of-factly. "Er, I'm sorry. I should show more compassion." She looks at Zhe and even in the low light, he can see how tired she looks and feels now.
''Perhaps it was why the creature revealed itself...to make us afraid to dream.'' he stroke Shu's fur ''But we should'nt''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:35 pm

The Lion thinks for a moment, then looks down and cryptically says, "Some dreams have always been worth fearing." After a long pause, she shakes her head. "I'm sorry, Wu-sama. I am," she exhales, "too emotional tonight."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:35 pm
The Lion thinks for a moment, then looks down and cryptically says, "Some dreams have always been worth fearing." After a long pause, she shakes her head. "I'm sorry, Wu-sama. I am," she exhales, "too emotional tonight."
Zhe simply nods

''I understand. It has been a long day for everyone.'' he bows ''I hope you will dream of home, Akodo-san''

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:34 pm

"Yes," Kawauso nods emphatically. "And likewise, Wu-sama. The best dreams of home."

/scene?

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:14 pm

/exit!