Player Event: The Time Of Your Life (D8, LE) RP-Thread

Hisomu Matsu

Re: Player Event: The Time Of Your Life (D8, LE) RP-Thread

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:21 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:18 am
"That is helpful," Kawauso says. Then, in a quieter voice, she adds: "I didn't use to worry so much about it. But here... All the clans, all these rules... I wouldn't want to stay here, but if I go and there's no one to speak for my people back home..." Again she looks at the taller woman. "Maybe rules on top of rules forever."
"Girl. I threw a chair at the stage of a play I hated." She kept her attention on Kawauso. "If there are layers of rules, it's even more gratifying to break them. It's up to people like us, as you say, to speak up for those who can't." Her smile brightened.

"And with what we've seen today. I think there's bigger fish to fry than how to act in public."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:30 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:21 am

"Girl. I threw a chair at the stage of a play I hated." She kept her attention on Kawauso. "If there are layers of rules, it's even more gratifying to break them. It's up to people like us, as you say, to speak up for those who can't." Her smile brightened.

"And with what we've seen today. I think there's bigger fish to fry than how to act in public."
Kawauso beams at the other woman, a bit like a younger sibling, after their older sibling says they'll beat up anybody who bullies them.

"This is very true, Hisomu-san." She bows her head. "Thank you. So much." She looks up, still beaming. "I should, um, get ready for my song. But I hope we speak more soon."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:32 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:02 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:59 pm
-snip-
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:43 am
-snip-
Misaki bows in return then gives one to Sora as well, "Hello to you as well, Jiyo-san."

She turns back to Kogi, "Jiyo-san and I have met, but I should introduce myself for your sake; Misaki of Lady Doji-sama's Crane. For what it's worth, I did not think your first performance was amatuerish at all, though you did not seem to have your heart in an encore."

Introducing herself as a Crane felt... different today, certainly. But she would never hide who she was, whatever may happen now or in the future
"Of Lady Doji's Crane." The intention behind that oddly specific phrasing doesn't escape Kogi; her brow arches a bit. "An honor to meet you, Doji Misaki-san. I am Kogi, of the house of Bayushi-kami."

A slight, ironic shake of her head. "You've caught out my secret: I've only one piece I can really play well. The second was... an overreach."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:06 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:43 am
The veiled lady
Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:02 am
Basically Gadget Hackwrench
Sora bowed to each in turn.

"Rest assured, both of you turned in a far more credible effort than I would have done. I think the day has produced enough horrors without adding my attempts at singing to the mix. Doji-san will never say it herself, Bayushi-san, but she is a font of creativity."

A pause.

"Oh, and speaking of which... Bayushi-san, if you could convey my appreciation to both your Lord and his daughter, I would be most grateful."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:45 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:50 am
Just as with their previous conversation, Hikaru watched her curiously. "I am glad you enjoyed yourself." He said, giving her the slightest of smiles.

Frowning, Hikaru leaned a little closer. Then he paused, considering. "I am glad to see you here." He finally said, with a gentle nod. Right, Satsuki had said she was teaching Ko to be social. Perhaps encouragement would help.
Ko returns the slightest of smiles with a brief one. Glancing elsewhere in the room her eyes track someone moving around, flit to another going the other way, and she closes them. A deep inhale and then exhale again. Hands resting down at her sides she smooths out her robes a bit. During the process her small companion comes crawling out of them once more. Working his way around to her shoulder and curling up there.

Opening her eyes again she regards him curiously, a tilt of her head, "Why are you glad?" she asks, a slight touch of uncertainty. However, beyond that there is a sense that the question is merely asked as earnestly as it seems. A desire to understand present therein.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:30 am
Kawauso beams at the other woman, a bit like a younger sibling, after their older sibling says they'll beat up anybody who bullies them.

"This is very true, Hisomu-san." She bows her head. "Thank you. So much." She looks up, still beaming. "I should, um, get ready for my song. But I hope we speak more soon."
"I'll be easy to find, Akodo-san. Have fun out there. Enjoy yourself." Her smile was soft, quite pleasant even, especially in contrast to the anger she displayed earlier in the day.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:33 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:45 pm
Ko returns the slightest of smiles with a brief one. Glancing elsewhere in the room her eyes track someone moving around, flit to another going the other way, and she closes them. A deep inhale and then exhale again. Hands resting down at her sides she smooths out her robes a bit. During the process her small companion comes crawling out of them once more. Working his way around to her shoulder and curling up there.

Opening her eyes again she regards him curiously, a tilt of her head, "Why are you glad?" she asks, a slight touch of uncertainty. However, beyond that there is a sense that the question is merely asked as earnestly as it seems. A desire to understand present therein.
Hikaru tilted his head, regarding her curious mannerisms as he considered his answer. "Because I enjoyed talking to you before." He said. "It was a strange experience, in a break from writing the Tao..." his lips shifted, "-but perhaps that fit the experience."

He inclined his head. "I... also wanted to thank you for the other night. With the moon." His lips pressed together at the difficult memory.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:45 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:19 pm

"I'll be easy to find, Akodo-san. Have fun out there. Enjoy yourself." Her smile was soft, quite pleasant even, especially in contrast to the anger she displayed earlier in the day.
As Kawauso rises, she returns a warm smile. "Thank you," she says again, earnestly, and then steps away.

[Fast forward through Kawauso's performance and semi-dramatic exit from the spotlight to her sitting away from most of the crowd, in relative darkness]

"Shouldn't have sung that stupid 'optimistic' song," she mutters, then sniffles, though with other performances going she's only heard by someone choosing to approach.

----------
Time stream now in order, please PM or quote if you approach Kawauso.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:45 pm
As Kawauso rises, she returns a warm smile. "Thank you," she says again, earnestly, and then steps away.

[Fast forward through Kawauso's performance and semi-dramatic exit from the spotlight to her sitting away from most of the crowd, in relative darkness]

"Shouldn't have sung that stupid 'optimistic' song," she mutters, then sniffles, though with other performances going she's only heard by someone choosing to approach.

----------
Time stream now in order, please PM or quote if you approach Kawauso.
The dragon farmer and the napping Shu approached the lioness not too long after her performance

''That was well sung Akodo-san'' he bowed ''You are quite talented''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:56 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:32 am
Phrasing
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:06 am
Fonts
"Only one song you've mastered? Well, a shame that. But it proves you have the ability if you know the song well."

To Sora's comment, "As to my creativity, I merely try new things as I can. It doesn't always end up well, of course, but I am certainly glad it's at least thought of in a creative light."

As Sora talked directly to Kogi, Misaki let her short statements stand so the two could talk about the exchange of appreciation. She even did like Lady Doji did and put her fan out... in case the conversation was more private than she might expect.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:33 pm
Hikaru tilted his head, regarding her curious mannerisms as he considered his answer. "Because I enjoyed talking to you before." He said. "It was a strange experience, in a break from writing the Tao..." his lips shifted, "-but perhaps that fit the experience."

He inclined his head. "I... also wanted to thank you for the other night. With the moon." His lips pressed together at the difficult memory.
"Oh," she said, but her brow only furrowed deeper. With the chance for a pause she looks to the ground thoughtfully. When her head raises again she says, "I had thought here was an important part. I see it was not," she says, the touch of a smile as she nods. "I am glad to see you again as well."

"Though.. you do speak strangely," she says, a slight tilt to her head as she regards him curiously. "Thank me? I.. find it strange you would thank me. I am here for Satsuki. I was there for Satsuki. Her mother asked me to look after her. She is one of my dearest friends," she furrows the brow, puzzled. "I have done nothing to earn your thanks. Have I?"
Last edited by Wu Ko on Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:12 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:50 pm

The dragon farmer and the napping Shu approached the lioness not too long after her performance

''That was well sung Akodo-san'' he bowed ''You are quite talented''
There's a gulp of breath as Kawauso freezes.

"Ahem. Uh, Wu-sama. Thank you," she stammers, hoping no redness of eyes or cheeks is visible to the Dragon as she composes herself. "Um, and... Princess Shu, remains a crowd favorite," she jokes warmly.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:33 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:11 pm
"Oh," she said, but her brow only furrowed deeper. With the chance for a pause she looks to the ground thoughtfully. When her head raises again she says, "I had thought here was an important part. I see it was not," she says, the touch of a smile as she nods. "I am glad to see you again as well."

"Though.. you do speak strangely," she says, a slight tilt to her head as she regards him curiously. "Thank me? I.. find it strange you would thank me. I am here for Satsuki. I was there for Satsuki. Her mother asked me to look after her. She is one of my dearest friends," she furrows the brow, puzzled. "I have done nothing to earn your thanks. Have I?"
"Well... yes..." Hikaru shifted, frowning. He wasn't terrific at being conversational either. "But Satsuki was doing what she did to help my quest." Or their quest, he'd begun to think of it as. "And so I feel that I owe thanks to everyone who assisted."

He frowned, considering. "And perhaps being a good friend should be worthy of thanks." He said, still frowning thoughtfully.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:51 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:12 pm
There's a gulp of breath as Kawauso freezes.

"Ahem. Uh, Wu-sama. Thank you," she stammers, hoping no redness of eyes or cheeks is visible to the Dragon as she composes herself. "Um, and... Princess Shu, remains a crowd favorite," she jokes warmly.
Zhe smiles as he is reminded once more how shy the lioness truly is.

''Shu does enjoy the attention'' he replied as he looked down to the snoring fluffball ''But he does tire easily at this hour''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:35 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:33 pm
"Well... yes..." Hikaru shifted, frowning. He wasn't terrific at being conversational either. "But Satsuki was doing what she did to help my quest." Or their quest, he'd begun to think of it as. "And so I feel that I owe thanks to everyone who assisted."

He frowned, considering. "And perhaps being a good friend should be worthy of thanks." He said, still frowning thoughtfully.
With the topic, Ko's gaze shifts over to Satsuki. Passively watching her as she listens to Hikaru's words. At the thoughtful frown her gaze returned in time to catch it. Furrowing brow her own thoughtful gesture she considers a moment, her gaze becoming distant. Returning she does look back up, once more, a nod.

"I do not believe I know much of your quest. I am glad that Satsuki helped you, and I am glad I was there for Satsuki. I.. an curious. What was your quest? What is it you do with the sword you carry on your side?" she asks, a tilt to her head as she regards him.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:49 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:06 am
Sora bowed to each in turn.

"Rest assured, both of you turned in a far more credible effort than I would have done. I think the day has produced enough horrors without adding my attempts at singing to the mix. Doji-san will never say it herself, Bayushi-san, but she is a font of creativity."

A pause.

"Oh, and speaking of which... Bayushi-san, if you could convey my appreciation to both your Lord and his daughter, I would be most grateful."
Doji Misaki wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:56 pm
"Only one song you've mastered? Well, a shame that. But it proves you have the ability if you know the song well."

To Sora's comment, "As to my creativity, I merely try new things as I can. It doesn't always end up well, of course, but I am certainly glad it's at least thought of in a creative light."

As Sora talked directly to Kogi, Misaki let her short statements stand so the two could talk about the exchange of appreciation. She even did like Lady Doji did and put her fan out... in case the conversation was more private than she might expect.
"After this evening's demonstrations, I'll have to practice harder in the future," Kogi says with a deprecating shrug. "I may ask Togashi-sama for some advice. She plays the guqin so well, and they're similar instruments..."

Sora's request redirects her attention for a moment. "Of course, Jiyo-sama. To what matter should I say your appreciation is directed? This afternoon's... thing?"
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:01 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:49 pm
"After this evening's demonstrations, I'll have to practice harder in the future," Kogi says with a deprecating shrug. "I may ask Togashi-sama for some advice. She plays the guqin so well, and they're similar instruments..."

Sora's request redirects her attention for a moment. "Of course, Jiyo-sama. To what matter should I say your appreciation is directed? This afternoon's... thing?"
"More a matter of the morning, as it happens. I expect Lady Shosuro will know what I mean, judging by the look I got at her blade this afternoon."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:06 am

Wu Ko wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:35 pm
With the topic, Ko's gaze shifts over to Satsuki. Passively watching her as she listens to Hikaru's words. At the thoughtful frown her gaze returned in time to catch it. Furrowing brow her own thoughtful gesture she considers a moment, her gaze becoming distant. Returning she does look back up, once more, a nod.

"I do not believe I know much of your quest. I am glad that Satsuki helped you, and I am glad I was there for Satsuki. I.. an curious. What was your quest? What is it you do with the sword you carry on your side?" she asks, a tilt to her head as she regards him.
Hikaru hesitated a moment. "I cannot say directly; I am honor-bound not to. However, it has to do with Lady Doji's recent illness. I dare to hope that it might be much improved now." He breathed a sigh of relief; just the thought that Lady Doji might soon be cured was a balm to his spirits.

He gave her a curious look. "My sword?" He glanced down at it. "I am a sworn retainer to Lady Doji. I serve in her household. When I am called upon to fight for her, I am ready to do so." Gently, he shook his head. "Fortunately, I have not been called to act in her defense. I have sometimes drawn against bandits and the like."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:01 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:49 pm

"More a matter of the morning, as it happens. I expect Lady Shosuro will know what I mean, judging by the look I got at her blade this afternoon."
"Oh." A brow arches above the veil. So that was the Bat's source? "Then of course, I'll convey that to my lord Bayushi and Lady Shosuro, with pleasure." She looks down at her koto for a moment or two, minutely adjusting one of the bridges tensioning the strings. "Perhaps they will also have some idea how Kakita-san knew he would need such a thing."
是藥三分毒

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:07 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 am
"Oh." A brow arches above the veil. So that was the Bat's source? "Then of course, I'll convey that to my lord Bayushi and Lady Shosuro, with pleasure." She looks down at her koto for a moment or two, minutely adjusting one of the bridges tensioning the strings. "Perhaps they will also have some idea how Kakita-san knew he would need such a thing."
"Perhaps they will, at that."

He smiled.

Current Theme