Player Event: The Time Of Your Life (D8, LE) RP-Thread

Akodo Kawauso

Re: Player Event: The Time Of Your Life (D8, LE) RP-Thread

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:48 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:08 pm
Her hair had come out of it's loose tie, the dancing and playing seemingly breaking that hold. Long enough to reach past her waist, having never know the edge of a blade. She was still laughing boisterously, maybe the stress and the weight of everything cracking through in this release.

Her flute tucked beneath her arm, she clapped in rhythm with the other players.
The tall Lion samurai-ko went to sit beside the taller Spider samurai-ko.

"Well played, Hisomu-sama," she says by way of greeting. "Your energy reminds me of home," Kawauso says, bowing her head. "I'm Akodo Kawauso, and honored to meet you."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:32 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:47 pm
"Since I was little. Mother let me try all sorts of instruments, as she'd bring them around for my brother and me to play around with - some were more popular than others," she snickered, remembering those childhood days of making infernal noises on various instruments.

Bless their father for being the most patient being in the universe.

"My brother Hoshi likes the flute the most himself and its pretty much the only one he's managed to get the hang of, but our younger brother Taiyo is a bit like me in that he can pick up any instrument and play it with some skill - he just does it much better and he's four years younger than us."
"And what drew you to the strings? Over the flute," Ayano asks, wondering how she would fair at an instrument...perhaps better to concentrate on singing and painting. "Or over song for that matter?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:37 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:32 pm
"And what drew you to the strings? Over the flute," Ayano asks, wondering how she would fair at an instrument...perhaps better to concentrate on singing and painting. "Or over song for that matter?"
"Oh, I like singing too. And the perk of being a good singer is that you always have your instrument with you, eh?" She smirked. And seeing Phi looking at the instruments for one to choose, she slid her own guqin over to the girl with a knowing smile.

"For me... I like instruments more than singing because it's kind of like a challenge, hm? It requires quick thinking and memorizing the movements, and your hands - especially the fingers - need to keep up with that memory. As for why I prefer the guqin over the flute, I just like the complexity of the sounds you can get, as the strings provide a great range of melodies and layers the more skilled a performer is."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:46 am

Having given her impromptu invention-concert, Misaki puts the little instruments back in her bags and steps off to make room for others; Those who had come before her or were still playing were quite wonderful really, and she was happy to have had the chance to join in with them with her unconventional instruments. It had been a wonderful way to get her mind off things and such, certainly.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:56 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:37 pm
Hikaru nodded slowly. "I have met several of your fellow clansmen. Togashi-sama, Wu Ko-san, and Saru Yatsufusa. Each has impressed me, in their own way."
''I am glad to ear it. We are quite unique in our own way. I must admit the only Crane I met before you is Doji Misaki-san''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 am

A tired looking man finds a seat after his failure of an attempt. He is visibly tired and drooping. He listens to the music other produce, with little reaction.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:35 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 am
A tired looking man finds a seat after his failure of an attempt. He is visibly tired and drooping. He listens to the music other produce, with little reaction.
The Isawa's attitude couldn't help but get the Wu's concern

''Are you allright Isawa-sama?''

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:43 am

"Tired. Disappointed. I have skills, prayers, that would have been useful, if I had been in the right place, at the right time. Instead, I showed up late, or was absent, unable to do more than react afterwards."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:48 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:43 am
"Tired. Disappointed. I have skills, prayers, that would have been useful, if I had been in the right place, at the right time. Instead, I showed up late, or was absent, unable to do more than react afterwards."
''Is...'' he really did not know what to say ''...is there something we can do to help?''

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:01 am

Hikaru frowned at the newcomer. "To play music, Isawa-sama? You don't need magic for that. You need..." Hikaru frowned as he considered exactly what a person would need. "-spirit." Was the word he finally settled on.

His frown deepened as he realized that he probably meant the various events of the day that reflected poorly on his Clan.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:15 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:48 am
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:43 am
''Is...'' he really did not know what to say ''...is there something we can do to help?''
A very tired smile. "No. Not really."
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:01 am
Hikaru frowned at the newcomer. "To play music, Isawa-sama? You don't need magic for that. You need..." Hikaru frowned as he considered exactly what a person would need. "-spirit." Was the word he finally settled on.

His frown deepened as he realized that he probably meant the various events of the day that reflected poorly on his Clan.
"Events earlier. Music needs no real assistance, if done right. The rest of the world - it is not so easy."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:31 am

Hikaru was silent for a few moments, his expression at best neutral. "Perhaps you were simply not fated to be there." He finally said.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:36 am

A heaving sigh. "Perhaps. Perhaps. Still, it stings, knowing you have the power, but not being able to act. Not being able to act from being elsewhere."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:56 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:36 am
A heaving sigh. "Perhaps. Perhaps. Still, it stings, knowing you have the power, but not being able to act. Not being able to act from being elsewhere."
Again, Hikaru paused before answering. "Helplessness is never a comfortable feeling." He said in his soft voice. "Whether it is from being in the wrong place, or lacking answers or skills, or simply being at the whims of fate."

With an effort, he smiled. "But the Empire has won a victory today. Let us enjoy the music, and focus on that."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:31 am

A nod is returned in response, and his head looks in the direction of the current player.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:05 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:56 am
Again, Hikaru paused before answering. "Helplessness is never a comfortable feeling." He said in his soft voice. "Whether it is from being in the wrong place, or lacking answers or skills, or simply being at the whims of fate."

With an effort, he smiled. "But the Empire has won a victory today. Let us enjoy the music, and focus on that."
Eventually, given the days events, Ko would make her way here not only to be here for Satsuki to show support but just to be near her as well. Wary of the present danger which she wished not to bring up as the direct reason for anything she did. Still, regardless, she was here and showing her support for the young Dragon and her event held with the Crane whom she'd met once-,seen at an important juncture, and yet somehow hasn't spoken to since.

An assertion well made that found another coming up nearer his side. Glancing between those present, as there were more than just the one, "Hello," managed out in her semi-distant tone. Hands linked in front of herself she focuses quickly on Hikaru, a brief touch of a smile,
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:05 am
Eventually, given the days events, Ko would make her way here not only to be here for Satsuki to show support but just to be near her as well. Wary of the present danger which she wished not to bring up as the direct reason for anything she did. Still, regardless, she was here and showing her support for the young Dragon and her event held with the Crane whom she'd met once-,seen at an important juncture, and yet somehow hasn't spoken to since.

An assertion well made that found another coming up nearer his side. Glancing between those present, as there were more than just the one, "Hello," managed out in her semi-distant tone. Hands linked in front of herself she focuses quickly on Hikaru, a brief touch of a smile,
Hikaru turned, his eyebrows going up. "Good evening, Wu-san." He said, giving her a slight bow; no disrespect intended, but she was standing close, and he didn't want to headbutt her. His lips shifted at yet another example of Dragon disregard for personal space.

Again, he glanced quickly around. "I am not surprised to see you perform." He said to her once he'd refocused. "So many of your Clan does. Your charge seems to be enjoying herself very much, for instance." He cast a quick look Satsuki's way, lips curling up into a slight smile.
Last edited by Doji Hikaru on Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 pm

"Daddy, what's Phi doing?"

"I believe she's trying her hand at Satsuki-hime's Guqin. And it sounds pretty good, though I admit to some bias..."

"Bye us?"

"I play favorites."

"Oh. Well. Doesn't everybody?"

Sora just ruffled his son's hair as Shirayuki hopped up to where her sister was playing and tried her hand at a dance.

Threaten the Empire my kids live in? You are one STUPID fuck, "Harbinger."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:42 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:48 pm

The tall Lion samurai-ko went to sit beside the taller Spider samurai-ko.

"Well played, Hisomu-sama," she says by way of greeting. "Your energy reminds me of home," Kawauso says, bowing her head. "I'm Akodo Kawauso, and honored to meet you."
"Thank you, Akodo-san." She returned the bow to the Lion woman, relaxing back as she was joined. Her smile was pleasant, her features on her face softened as she relaxed, the music csrrying off the worries of the day.

"My father taught me how to play. He always said to put your whole passion when playing. I'm glad it could shine through and give you a pleasant reminder, I hope?"
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:42 pm

"Thank you, Akodo-san." She returned the bow to the Lion woman, relaxing back as she was joined. Her smile was pleasant, her features on her face softened as she relaxed, the music csrrying off the worries of the day.

"My father taught me how to play. He always said to put your whole passion when playing. I'm glad it could shine through and give you a pleasant reminder, I hope?"
"Hai, most pleasant," Kawauso says with a smile. "Giving it your whole energy would fit right in with my people. The, ah, more restrained versions of things like sumai that are practiced by some clans... They feel a bit foreign," she admits.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.