Fashion of the Empire (D7 EE) [RP Thread]

Makime Ayano

Re: Fashion of the Empire (D7 EE) [RP Thread]

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:24 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 pm
"Hell, you did better than I did. You tried."

He smiled, then glanced at his daughter, who was examining all of the creations on display.

"Of course, Phi might have spontaneously combusted if I'd deigned to."
"Oh I would wager you are handier with a needle and thread then I." Ayano held up her hand with thumb and two fingers in small cloth wrapping. "If I had kept going people might begin to wonder if I were not calling on the spirits." She chuckled at that.

"Oh? From fear of embarrassment...or terror that her father might become the leader in fashion this coming spring?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:40 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:24 am
"Oh I would wager you are handier with a needle and thread then I." Ayano held up her hand with thumb and two fingers in small cloth wrapping. "If I had kept going people might begin to wonder if I were not calling on the spirits." She chuckled at that.
"Don't be so sure, the last things I sewed were animal hides..."
"Oh? From fear of embarrassment...or terror that her father might become the leader in fashion this coming spring?"
"As Togashi-Kami would say, 'yes.'"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:16 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:40 am
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:24 am
"Don't be so sure, the last things I sewed were animal hides..."
"As Togashi-Kami would say, 'yes.'"
Ayano scrunched up nose at the mention of animal hides and hugged her silk bundle, "...I think I will stick with silk, Jiyo-sama. The texture is better."

"...so what stopped you from trying then?" She had a wry smile, maybe even mischevious.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:21 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:16 am
Ayano scrunched up nose at the mention of animal hides and hugged her silk bundle, "...I think I will stick with silk, Jiyo-sama. The texture is better."
"And the stitching finer."

He appeared to be in complete agreement.
"...so what stopped you from trying then?" She had a wry smile, maybe even mischevious.
"Abject terror of what she might do in revenge, Makime-san."

That was definitely a mischievous wink in reply.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:06 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:21 am
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:16 am
"And the stitching finer."

He appeared to be in complete agreement.
"Abject terror of what she might do in revenge, Makime-san."

That was definitely a mischievous wink in reply.
"I believe Jiyo-sama once marched into hell to rescue a god." Ayano quipped in return, "So your daughter must be a true master of revenge." The Lioness chuckles.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:06 pm
"I believe Jiyo-sama once marched into hell to rescue a god." Ayano quipped in return, "So your daughter must be a true master of revenge." The Lioness chuckles.
"Oh, you have no idea, Makime-san. No. Idea. But Hsieh-Hsieh could probably tell you a thing or two..."

Current Theme

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:43 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:12 am

"Well, that was a design I made to compliment you. This was more an invention sort of thing. I suppose it just depends on what would be more what you would be excited to wear. I know you've been excited about my inventions in the past couple of days, but rare is the young woman who doesn't like showing off something made especially for them."
There's a tiny flicker of a smile across Kawauso's face, then she looks at Misaki somewhat intensely. "I'm not really... familiar... with having things made for me. Unless it's because I'm too tall for what's... normal. So, um. I am, very excited, about what you've done for me." She pauses, deeply thoughtful. "I don't... I don't know what to do in return."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:43 pm
There's a tiny flicker of a smile across Kawauso's face, then she looks at Misaki somewhat intensely. "I'm not really... familiar... with having things made for me. Unless it's because I'm too tall for what's... normal. So, um. I am, very excited, about what you've done for me." She pauses, deeply thoughtful. "I don't... I don't know what to do in return."
"Enjoy yourself, show off, have fun. There's no greater compliment to an artist than someone enjoying their work and wanting to show it off to others."

A small grin.

"Though, I will admit, being praised more directly hasn't exactly been a bad thing either."
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:09 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 pm

"Enjoy yourself, show off, have fun. There's no greater compliment to an artist than someone enjoying their work and wanting to show it off to others."

A small grin.

"Though, I will admit, being praised more directly hasn't exactly been a bad thing either."
The humor gives Kawauso a small smile, and she reaches over to shift another cushion from beside the table to where she can use it for her head, as she lays down facing Misaki.

"You have exquisite work here," the Lion says, brushing the back of her hand over the silk near her shoulder. "The finest garment in all of today's show," she says with a beaming smile. "I am so proud it's on me. And, if your wish is for me to go show off more, I absolutely will." Kawauso reaches out to gently touch Misaki's cheek with her hand. "I also will happily stay right here for you."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:09 am
The humor gives Kawauso a small smile, and she reaches over to shift another cushion from beside the table to where she can use it for her head, as she lays down facing Misaki.

"You have exquisite work here," the Lion says, brushing the back of her hand over the silk near her shoulder. "The finest garment in all of today's show," she says with a beaming smile. "I am so proud it's on me. And, if your wish is for me to go show off more, I absolutely will." Kawauso reaches out to gently touch Misaki's cheek with her hand. "I also will happily stay right here for you."
Misaki cleared her throat, "Well... as much as that might be nice, I would not be any fun, just lying here and recovering. If you had to ask me, I'd want you to head back with the others, show off the kimono and all the hard work that I put into it, and the hard work you put into showing it off. Besides, that way people won't have to worry about me, and you can think Jiyo-san for me for his assistance. He may have not been as much help as you, but he still deserves thanks and such, no?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:49 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am

Misaki cleared her throat, "Well... as much as that might be nice, I would not be any fun, just lying here and recovering. If you had to ask me, I'd want you to head back with the others, show off the kimono and all the hard work that I put into it, and the hard work you put into showing it off. Besides, that way people won't have to worry about me, and you can think Jiyo-san for me for his assistance. He may have not been as much help as you, but he still deserves thanks and such, no?"
"Of course, Misaki-san," she agrees without protest. "There's a certain fun in me staying so that I know that no one needs to worry, but I will trust you to rest and be well." She rises on one elbow. "And I will be back to check on you a little later," she says with a smile and a 'don't argue' tone of voice.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:57 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:49 am
"Of course, Misaki-san," she agrees without protest. "There's a certain fun in me staying so that I know that no one needs to worry, but I will trust you to rest and be well." She rises on one elbow. "And I will be back to check on you a little later," she says with a smile and a 'don't argue' tone of voice.
"Hai; I will stay here and take care of myself, I promise."

At this point she'd removed the cloth from her forehead. There was still a gash there from where it'd been bleeding, but that had stopped.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:42 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:57 am

"Hai; I will stay here and take care of myself, I promise."

At this point she'd removed the cloth from her forehead. There was still a gash there from where it'd been bleeding, but that had stopped.
The Lion gives a long exhale at sight of the gash, fighting back a frown of concern so she doesn't alarm Misaki. Even more gently than she had before, Kawauso reaches for the Crane's cheek. She gives the tiniest stroke with her thumb and smiles, then carefully draws back her hand and stands.

She takes a moment to ensure she's straightened and tightened what she needs to so her garments look stage ready again. Though conflicted about bothering Misaki, the tall woman has to look right, so she asks for a final approval before departing. "Is it all back... as it should be?"

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:54 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:42 am
The Lion gives a long exhale at sight of the gash, fighting back a frown of concern so she doesn't alarm Misaki. Even more gently than she had before, Kawauso reaches for the Crane's cheek. She gives the tiniest stroke with her thumb and smiles, then carefully draws back her hand and stands.

She takes a moment to ensure she's straightened and tightened what she needs to so her garments look stage ready again. Though conflicted about bothering Misaki, the tall woman has to look right, so she asks for a final approval before departing. "Is it all back... as it should be?"
Misaki sits up a little as Kawauso's hand leaves her cheek, looking over the garment, "It is. You look perfect. And don't let anyone there tell you otherwise, okay?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:31 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:07 am
The ringing of bells could be heard as Kuni approached the pair. He kept his face perfectly calm. He was not drowning in shame. He wasn't. He gives a slight bow to the pair. "Nozomi-san, Mayumi-san, it is good to see you. Thank you for coming." He seemed to be holding two packages.
"Of course, Hisomu-sama. Wouldn't dream of missing it. I have to say this was one of the more...unexpected activities to go on today," she said with a rueful, bemused look on her face as she smiled and bowed. "And what is this? Dare I ask? You couldn't have finished already could you?" She was getting herself ready for the game of refusals. It was obvious in her face.

Damn why had she started that whole nonsense?
Oh right. Dumb monks not taking jade.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:38 am

Doji Misaki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:54 am

Misaki sits up a little as Kawauso's hand leaves her cheek, looking over the garment, "It is. You look perfect. And don't let anyone there tell you otherwise, okay?"
"Hai, Misaki-san," Kawauso says with confidence. Smiling, she does a last turn -- slowly, to not trigger any motion sickness in Misaki -- and

/exits?

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:05 am

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:31 am
"Of course, Hisomu-sama. Wouldn't dream of missing it. I have to say this was one of the more...unexpected activities to go on today," she said with a rueful, bemused look on her face as she smiled and bowed. "And what is this? Dare I ask? You couldn't have finished already could you?" She was getting herself ready for the game of refusals. It was obvious in her face.

Damn why had she started that whole nonsense?
Oh right. Dumb monks not taking jade.
Kuni was also getting the game of refusals. The Kami brought many great things to the people. This one was not one of them. "I did....." He looks down at his bell-laden kimono. "I assure you, it has less bells."
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:30 pm

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:05 am
Kuni was also getting the game of refusals. The Kami brought many great things to the people. This one was not one of them. "I did....." He looks down at his bell-laden kimono. "I assure you, it has less bells."
She gave him a 'I would have flayed you alive' smile as he promised there were fewer bells. "You're taking far too much effort for the two of us when you've got this project to work on. You certainly shouldn't have to put yourself out just for the two of us. Certainly your time is precious in court."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:28 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:30 pm
She gave him a 'I would have flayed you alive' smile as he promised there were fewer bells. "You're taking far too much effort for the two of us when you've got this project to work on. You certainly shouldn't have to put yourself out just for the two of us. Certainly your time is precious in court."
"I assure you, it brought me great pleasure to work on these. It was a joy to be able to work something more.... genuine." Clearly, his effort to impress did not go right.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:35 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:28 pm
"I assure you, it brought me great pleasure to work on these. It was a joy to be able to work something more.... genuine." Clearly, his effort to impress did not go right.
She was visibly counting refusals. He'd offered now twice. No, one more time he got to offer and then she was to accept. "I appreciate that you put the effort into something fitting to our work and station, but it had to be a bit of an effort to get all the fabric together within the court. Silk is so much more common here is it not?" she said, managing a small smile and sighing. Her daughter watched the whole thing curiously. She didn't see this happen too often after all.