Player Event: Little Wars (D7 LA) RP THREAD

Makime Ayano

Re: Player Event: Little Wars (D7 LA) RP THREAD

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:33 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:00 pm
"Our ultimate foe has no concern for supply lines, or even political concerns... it is legion," she said looking at the games.
"What foe do you mean?" Ayano's attention switches full to the Crane for the moment.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:57 pm
"Takurou-san taught me how to make pretty little treats like those. Is it something you'd like to learn too?" she asked, knowing that the twins were much like herself in that they wanted to learn everything they came across.
Phi's eyes lit up.

"That would be quite a thing..."

Especially since Phi had designs on making a splash in court someday.

Soryu had returned with his cadre of ten soldiers, and was making use of a now-vacant tabletop to have them work with the tiger to... do something that wasn't immediately clear- althugh Sora appeared to recognize it.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:13 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:00 pm
Phi's eyes lit up.

"That would be quite a thing..."

Especially since Phi had designs on making a splash in court someday.

Soryu had returned with his cadre of ten soldiers, and was making use of a now-vacant tabletop to have them work with the tiger to... do something that wasn't immediately clear- althugh Sora appeared to recognize it.
"It would be," she said with a gentle smile. "We could do it together someday soon, neh? The best part about making cute little treats is that you get to eat them afterwards too. And they're better when you get to share them with friends and family."

A glance at Soryu. "I suspect your brother would shape them into little soldiers, hm?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:13 pm
"It would be," she said with a gentle smile. "We could do it together someday soon, neh? The best part about making cute little treats is that you get to eat them afterwards too. And they're better when you get to share them with friends and family."

A glance at Soryu. "I suspect your brother would shape them into little soldiers, hm?"
"He'd probably try to make them into otters, actually..."

Phi... smiled more gently than she usually did.

"Brother has a bit of a crush on a certain Ki-Rin."

Soryu had formed the soldiers into a ring around the tiger.... protecting it.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:33 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:27 pm
"He'd probably try to make them into otters, actually..."

Phi... smiled more gently than she usually did.

"Brother has a bit of a crush on a certain Ki-Rin."

Soryu had formed the soldiers into a ring around the tiger.... protecting it.
"Otters...? Oh! Yes, I've seen them too. And the Ki-rin who looks after them. They are quite cute..." she mused, her smile growing a bit more now. "Do you think he will have much luck with his crush?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:36 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:33 pm
"Otters...? Oh! Yes, I've seen them too. And the Ki-rin who looks after them. They are quite cute..." she mused, her smile growing a bit more now. "Do you think he will have much luck with his crush?"
"Well. He's seven. But I like to think he can make a friend."

She sounded a lot like her father when she said that.

"And you can't fault his interest."

Sora was walking his hand toward the tiger on his fingertips, and Soryu was marshaling the guards to defend the animal.

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:37 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:33 pm
"What foe do you mean?" Ayano's attention switches full to the Crane for the moment.
The Lion had been... absent from the endeavor. She said, "The enemies in the play, those that serve the forces of Hell and still seek to turn the wheel to darkness."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:50 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:36 pm
"Well. He's seven. But I like to think he can make a friend."

She sounded a lot like her father when she said that.

"And you can't fault his interest."

Sora was walking his hand toward the tiger on his fingertips, and Soryu was marshaling the guards to defend the animal.
"Making friends are good, yes," she nodded, happy to see how Sora's kids were growing. She had only four years between herself and her younger brother, so it was a bit different to see them growing up now that she was an adult herself. It had been quite a different perspective while she was still growing up herself.

"Nope. Can't really fault it. Otters are pretty amazing, after all. I envy my friends Yatsufusa and Ko whom seem to have such an easy time talking to animals, and they have these animal friends too..."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:51 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:50 pm
"Making friends are good, yes," she nodded, happy to see how Sora's kids were growing. She had only four years between herself and her younger brother, so it was a bit different to see them growing up now that she was an adult herself. It had been quite a different perspective while she was still growing up herself.

"Nope. Can't really fault it. Otters are pretty amazing, after all. I envy my friends Yatsufusa and Ko whom seem to have such an easy time talking to animals, and they have these animal friends too..."
"Uncle Kyosei got us puppies. You should try getting a dog... they're easy to talk to."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:53 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:51 pm
"Uncle Kyosei got us puppies. You should try getting a dog... they're easy to talk to."
"Did he? That was very nice of him!"

Satsuki pressed her lips together as she still smiled, though it was a bit more strained. "I don't know... I'm not very good with animals myself." And I wouldn't want to hurt a helpless animal that thinks of me as a friend during the full moon...
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:56 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:53 pm
"Did he? That was very nice of him!"

Satsuki pressed her lips together as she still smiled, though it was a bit more strained. "I don't know... I'm not very good with animals myself." And I wouldn't want to hurt a helpless animal that thinks of me as a friend during the full moon...
"The beauty of things with dogs is that you don't have to be- they're good with you." Phi seemed to have picked up on Satsuki's unease, but was trying to reassure her.

After all, Sora wasn't in the habit of airing his friends' deep-seated troubles willy-nilly.

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:09 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:56 pm
"The beauty of things with dogs is that you don't have to be- they're good with you." Phi seemed to have picked up on Satsuki's unease, but was trying to reassure her.

After all, Sora wasn't in the habit of airing his friends' deep-seated troubles willy-nilly.
"I'll think about it. Thank you, Phi," she said, being actually sincere in that she would think about it for the future. Maybe Ko or Yatsufusa could look after whatever pet she wanted to have...

"Shall we go see what your brother is getting up to with his little army?"
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:16 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:09 am
"Shall we go see what your brother is getting up to with his little army?"
"Oh, I already know."

She giggled.

"The tiger is lord Hisomu. The soldiers are Dad and the others who went south. And Dad's hand is Something Bad. Soryu has a somewhat... incomplete version of events to work with."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:22 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:16 am
"Oh, I already know."

She giggled.

"The tiger is lord Hisomu. The soldiers are Dad and the others who went south. And Dad's hand is Something Bad. Soryu has a somewhat... incomplete version of events to work with."
"Aha! Very clever!" She shared in the giggle. "And he does have your father to learn from too about what happened. My mother might've told the story to the Emperor's court, but she didn't go down there herself, she was behind the lines of defense with Lady Reiko - I think she might embellish the story a little bit when she tells it."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:27 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:22 am
"Aha! Very clever!" She shared in the giggle. "And he does have your father to learn from too about what happened. My mother might've told the story to the Emperor's court, but she didn't go down there herself, she was behind the lines of defense with Lady Reiko - I think she might embellish the story a little bit when she tells it."
"Well, and Soryu likes to go, 'but THIS TIME, Uncle Koyama was there and turned into a dragon EARLY' sometimes. But he's never had little samurai figurines this detailed before..."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:46 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:27 am
"Well, and Soryu likes to go, 'but THIS TIME, Uncle Koyama was there and turned into a dragon EARLY' sometimes. But he's never had little samurai figurines this detailed before..."
"Well, he might have the right idea, I think... this kind of game is to think about what if and stuff like that. Challenging the way you think, and how to handle a difficult situation. I think that's what allowed your father to succeed the final battle even if his preparations were bad - he's learned to adapt and think quickly, as the situation demands."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:54 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:46 am
"Well, he might have the right idea, I think... this kind of game is to think about what if and stuff like that. Challenging the way you think, and how to handle a difficult situation. I think that's what allowed your father to succeed the final battle even if his preparations were bad - he's learned to adapt and think quickly, as the situation demands."
"He says there's no time to think in a crisis, so when it hits, you just have to... 'ride the avalanche down the hill,' I think is how he phrases it."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:22 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:54 am
"He says there's no time to think in a crisis, so when it hits, you just have to... 'ride the avalanche down the hill,' I think is how he phrases it."
"That's a good way of putting it. Avalanches are truly terrifying things..." she shuddered a bit, having only seen one from afar. "You can't stand against them, or run out of the way. You just have to be carried away by it."

And hope you survive.

She smirked a little bit. "I think my brother Taiyo would be to see you and your sister again when you come visit next time, with your new sibling or siblings - he's very much looking forward to when he'll get to travel and see the Empire too."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:45 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:22 am
"That's a good way of putting it. Avalanches are truly terrifying things..." she shuddered a bit, having only seen one from afar. "You can't stand against them, or run out of the way. You just have to be carried away by it."

And hope you survive.

She smirked a little bit. "I think my brother Taiyo would be to see you and your sister again when you come visit next time, with your new sibling or siblings - he's very much looking forward to when he'll get to travel and see the Empire too."
Phi arched an eyebrow.

And smiled.

The evil, sinister, cruel smile of a twin who knew a few of her sister's more private opinions. And who had been working on a List, since she knew her father never would.

"I'm certain we'll be delighted to see him again." A pause. For emphasis. "Does he still have that hair ribbon he stole from my darling sister?"

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:45 am
Phi arched an eyebrow.

And smiled.

The evil, sinister, cruel smile of a twin who knew a few of her sister's more private opinions. And who had been working on a List, since she knew her father never would.

"I'm certain we'll be delighted to see him again." A pause. For emphasis. "Does he still have that hair ribbon he stole from my darling sister?"
Satsuki, for now, forgot her weariness and worries, and smiled. Laughing a little bit even too. Oh the things Sora doesn't know, probably because he doesn't want to see it yet.

"He does. Though he'll deny it," she held a finger to her own lips, as if she was sharing a secret, "and he'll probably dare her to find it if she can."
Theme | Profile