Player Event: Little Wars (D7 LA) RP THREAD

Makime Ayano

Re: Player Event: Little Wars (D7 LA) RP THREAD

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:22 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:55 am
"So tell me what do you think of the strategies in use by the others, I would enjoy hearing your observations," she offered.
"Hmm, well Togashi Satsuki-sama developed a clever plan but...seems to fatigued to carry it out properly. The Yoshitune I am not familiar with developed a serviceable plan and dealt well enough some of the social complications but doesn't seem to have handled the transition to direct army conflict." Ayano looks around the room again, "Jiyo Sora-sama...does not seem particularly adept at planning a campaign but displays a certain quick thinking that is still useful. Doji Tsubaki-sama proved to be similarly skilled at navigating the social obstacles one encounters, turning meddling overseers into a chance for more support and a fumbling subordinate into a useful lynchpin."

"I think it proves my mother's thoughts...that combining the skills of many makes for a better plan. Togashi-sama and yourself to construct a plan, Doji Tsubaki-sama and Yoshitune-san to handle the troops morale and interference, and Jiyo to handle the army on the field and react to the unexpected. Taking the strengths of all of you and molding it into a far better constructed plan."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:33 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:22 am
"Hmm, well Togashi Satsuki-sama developed a clever plan but...seems to fatigued to carry it out properly. The Yoshitune I am not familiar with developed a serviceable plan and dealt well enough some of the social complications but doesn't seem to have handled the transition to direct army conflict." Ayano looks around the room again, "Jiyo Sora-sama...does not seem particularly adept at planning a campaign but displays a certain quick thinking that is still useful. Doji Tsubaki-sama proved to be similarly skilled at navigating the social obstacles one encounters, turning meddling overseers into a chance for more support and a fumbling subordinate into a useful lynchpin."

"I think it proves my mother's thoughts...that combining the skills of many makes for a better plan. Togashi-sama and yourself to construct a plan, Doji Tsubaki-sama and Yoshitune-san to handle the troops morale and interference, and Jiyo to handle the army on the field and react to the unexpected. Taking the strengths of all of you and molding it into a far better constructed plan."
"Can one run an army by committee?" she asked curiously.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am

"Not precisely," Ayano shook her head, "Mother is still experimenting on the exact nature. But its a singular commander who ultimately makes the decisions with a bunch of trusted subordinates who are not commanding forces but assisting the commander with his plan. Each has their own strengths that add to the effort as overseen by the commander."

"In the actual field of battle most of the decision making reverts to the field officers who must generally make decisions quickly."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:32 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:51 pm
The taller Lion samurai-ko was in attendance as well, acting as Ayano's assistant but also rather unsubtly keeping an eye on her during the pressures of hosting an event that was so important to the Makime school.

She largely tried to run interference, answering technical questions and keeping the games moving along so that Ayano would not need to bother herself with trivialities.
"How did I do?" Asks Kinsen with a very confident face.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:03 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:32 am

"How did I do?" Asks Kinsen with a very confident face.
"Ah, Hantei Kinsen-sama," Kawauso says, bowing then focusing her attention on the Stag Queen. "How did you do?" She asks a little loudly, triggering a servant behind the imposing woman to wave that it was less than spectacular.

"I think, Hantei-sama," the Lion says conspiratorially, taking a step closer, "that like me, responding to complications is a great strength, while our overall planning can still be improved." The Akodo smiles with great sincerity and affection (and fear) of Kinsen, hoping that answer would suffice.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:09 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:52 am
"Not precisely," Ayano shook her head, "Mother is still experimenting on the exact nature. But its a singular commander who ultimately makes the decisions with a bunch of trusted subordinates who are not commanding forces but assisting the commander with his plan. Each has their own strengths that add to the effort as overseen by the commander."

"In the actual field of battle most of the decision making reverts to the field officers who must generally make decisions quickly."
"Have you had a chance to lead in the field, Makime-san?" she asked with interest.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:53 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:32 am
"Phi," she said as she looked to the girl, squatting down to be on eye-level with the child. "Did you like the sweets yesterday during the talks about spirits and magic?"
She nodded.

"Shirayuki liked the presentation- I wasn't all that concerned with that part, but they continued the Dragon Clan's practice of feeding us deliciously this winter..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:57 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:53 am
She nodded.

"Shirayuki liked the presentation- I wasn't all that concerned with that part, but they continued the Dragon Clan's practice of feeding us deliciously this winter..."
"Takurou-san taught me how to make pretty little treats like those. Is it something you'd like to learn too?" she asked, knowing that the twins were much like herself in that they wanted to learn everything they came across.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:01 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:03 am
"Ah, Hantei Kinsen-sama," Kawauso says, bowing then focusing her attention on the Stag Queen. "How did you do?" She asks a little loudly, triggering a servant behind the imposing woman to wave that it was less than spectacular.

"I think, Hantei-sama," the Lion says conspiratorially, taking a step closer, "that like me, responding to complications is a great strength, while our overall planning can still be improved." The Akodo smiles with great sincerity and affection (and fear) of Kinsen, hoping that answer would suffice.
Kinsen bows back to Kawauso and then winces at her comment. "It was a disaster, wasn't it?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:09 am
"Have you had a chance to lead in the field, Makime-san?" she asked with interest.
"I have organized bandit hunts but...no never a pitched battle," Ayano smiled at that, "I don't think anyone has fought the sort of battle simulated here. It would take a large group of organized banditry indeed. Organized yet stupid enough to fight a Lion army. I don't see such as happening in the future."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:01 pm

Kinsen bows back to Kawauso and then winces at her comment. "It was a disaster, wasn't it?"
The Lion gives a single chuckle and takes a step closer to Kinsen to speak in a softer voice.

"Hantei-sama, you clearly have the skills. The Makime style is not so much meant to be mastered as to provide opportunities for continuous improvement. All will struggle with it, as intended, but your work was very respectable." The smile and tone this time are honest and genuine, and Kinsen can tell she's getting more of Kawauso's real thoughts than others will.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:25 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:17 pm
The Lion gives a single chuckle and takes a step closer to Kinsen to speak in a softer voice.

"Hantei-sama, you clearly have the skills. The Makime style is not so much meant to be mastered as to provide opportunities for continuous improvement. All will struggle with it, as intended, but your work was very respectable." The smile and tone this time are honest and genuine, and Kinsen can tell she's getting more of Kawauso's real thoughts than others will.
"I guess respectable wouldn't be good enough not to embarrass me in front of dear children if I am ever required to defend our Clan." She chuckles, "Continuous and improvements are things I am fond of, though."

TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:25 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:05 pm
"I have organized bandit hunts but...no never a pitched battle," Ayano smiled at that, "I don't think anyone has fought the sort of battle simulated here. It would take a large group of organized banditry indeed. Organized yet stupid enough to fight a Lion army. I don't see such as happening in the future."
"So essentially we are planning around conflict with rivals who think and act as we do?" she offered.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:33 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:25 pm

"I guess respectable wouldn't be good enough not to embarrass me in front of dear children if I am ever required to defend our Clan." She chuckles, "Continuous and improvements are things I am fond of, though."
"I imagine that those unwise children might still be impressed by courage and ferocity, which are... perhaps undercounted in the final tally of this exercise," Kawauso says with a knowing smile. "But yes, continuous improvement is quite appropriate for samurai. Until we die trying," she says with emphasis, smiling as she alludes to their conversation at the temple.
Last edited by Akodo Kawauso on Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:46 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:25 pm
"So essentially we are planning around conflict with rivals who think and act as we do?" she offered.
"An unfortunate truth...but a foundational step. It is difficult to plan around how those completely alien to yourself may think." Ayano nodded, "But some things will remain the same. Logistical methods are useful regardless of the opponent. And building the mindset to analyze a problem."

"But again you do cut to a problem that concerns mother."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:46 pm
"An unfortunate truth...but a foundational step. It is difficult to plan around how those completely alien to yourself may think." Ayano nodded, "But some things will remain the same. Logistical methods are useful regardless of the opponent. And building the mindset to analyze a problem."

"But again you do cut to a problem that concerns mother."
"Our ultimate foe has no concern for supply lines, or even political concerns... it is legion," she said looking at the games.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:33 pm
"I imagine that those unwise children might still be impressed by courage and ferocity, which are... perhaps undercounted in the final tally of this exercise," Kawauso says with a knowing smile. "But yes, continuous improvement is quite appropriate for samurai. Until we die trying," she says with emphasis, smiling as she alludes to their conversation at the temple.
"Mochiron." Says Kinsen opening a smile. After a moment, she asks, "Is Akodo-san already betrothed?

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:51 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:09 pm

"Mochiron." Says Kinsen opening a smile. After a moment, she asks, "Is Akodo-san already betrothed?
"Ap, uh, no, Hantei-sama," the Lion says, caught off guard. Feeling her cheeks redden at the question, she looks down and avoids eye contact while trying to ask, "Um, why, uh, do you ask?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:51 pm
"Ap, uh, no, Hantei-sama," the Lion says, caught off guard. Feeling her cheeks redden at the question, she looks down and avoids eye contact while trying to ask, "Um, why, uh, do you ask?"
She takes a good measure of Kawauso and says, "Akodo-san would be a very good wife, that's all. I was wondering if her Clan knows about all her qualities, and if I could be of any aid in searching this potential match."

TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:51 pm

(Here to support Makime Ayano run the event successfully)
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1