Player Event: Little Wars (D7 LA) RP THREAD

Makime Ayano

Player Event: Little Wars (D7 LA) RP THREAD

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 pm

Makime Ayano stood nearby, directing and observing the flow of the ongoing event. For once the Lioness maiden actually looked the part, her fine silk garments replaced with a warriors sturdy clothing. And despite her keeping an eye on the various ongoing 'battles', the Makime heir seemed open to discussion.

A wooden scrolls case was tucked under her arm, doubtlessly the prize of the event.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Re: Player Event: Little Wars (D7 LA) RP THREAD

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 pm

Misaki had promised she would attend Ayano-chan's event, even if she was a pacifist. It wasn't as if any blood were to be spilled or anything, and it was certainly fascinating seeing the trades and specializations others could exhibit. She gave a smile in Ayano's direction before turning to the demonstration floor; She wasn't here to disturb the hostess, after all.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Dojihime was impressed with the game even if she had no idea how much of the rules worked.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:47 am

Sora, fresh off of failing at just about everything except the final battle, seemed to be... obscurely pleased.

Probably because he'd demonstrated the folly of over-reliance on planning pretty comprehensively.

He bowed to to the others present as was appropriate.

His son, Soryu, was looking at the toy soldiers with some interest... possibly thinking they might make good playmates for the exquisitely carved wooden tiger he carried.

His daughter Phi was gaping at the victory her father had won, still clearly in shock.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:06 am

Tsubaki offered a polite bow, and warm smile, to Ayano as she returned from the 'field' of battle.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:09 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:06 am
Tsubaki offered a polite bow, and warm smile, to Ayano as she returned from the 'field' of battle.
She was pleased with the performance of Tsubaki and waved her fan with flourish.
Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 pm
Makime Ayano stood nearby, directing and observing the flow of the ongoing event. For once the Lioness maiden actually looked the part, her fine silk garments replaced with a warriors sturdy clothing. And despite her keeping an eye on the various ongoing 'battles', the Makime heir seemed open to discussion.

A wooden scrolls case was tucked under her arm, doubtlessly the prize of the event.
"This game was excellent, so many little pieces and rules... it was amusing, is this a favorite past time of yours?" she asked.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:47 am
Sora, fresh off of failing at just about everything except the final battle, seemed to be... obscurely pleased.

Probably because he'd demonstrated the folly of over-reliance on planning pretty comprehensively.

His son, Soryu, was looking at the toy soldiers with some interest... possibly thinking they might make good playmates for the exquisitely carved wooden tiger he carried.

His daughter Phi was gaping at the victory her father had won, still clearly in shock.
The young Dragon was putting on a brave if tired face, hoping this little game would at least lighten the mood for Ayano. The Lion was not used to such night haunts it was clear...

Seeing at least a friendly face, Satsuki approached Sora and Soryu, looking first to the boy. "Having fun, little prince?" she asked with a smile.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Ayano was in here element here, calm and controlled. She stopped at the various tables and offered advice.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:47 am

Ayano smiled slightly and summoned a servant. She scribbled a few words and actually retrieved a small disk with her family seal engraved on it to mark the message. Then she sent the man off to Jiyo Sora.
Makime Ayano wrote: To the Courageous and Skilled Jiyo Soryu

I wish to gift you with my ten best warriors and trust you to know them on sight.

Though I ask you wait until all the battles have concluded.

[Personal Seal of Makime Ayano]
With that out the way she lets her stoic demeanor slip a second time when spying Doji Misaki among those present.
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:09 am
"This game was excellent, so many little pieces and rules... it was amusing, is this a favorite past time of yours?" she asked.
Ayano bowed to the Crane heir, "Thank you Doji-sama." Her eyes turn to the battlefields, "In a manner of speaking, this is a relatively simple scenario. The one's mother plans can take days and see several working together to produce a solution."

She smiled slightly, "An interesting solution you and your kin have provided, turning battlefield disadvantage to victory with political maneuvering. I was surprised to see you convince so many of the 'bystanders' to not only remain neutral but actively join in to your plan. And your skill at not only dismissing the representative of your 'lord' but convincing them to release even more men to your care."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:51 pm

The taller Lion samurai-ko was in attendance as well, acting as Ayano's assistant but also rather unsubtly keeping an eye on her during the pressures of hosting an event that was so important to the Makime school.

She largely tried to run interference, answering technical questions and keeping the games moving along so that Ayano would not need to bother herself with trivialities.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:12 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm
Ayano bowed to the Crane heir, "Thank you Doji-sama." Her eyes turn to the battlefields, "In a manner of speaking, this is a relatively simple scenario. The one's mother plans can take days and see several working together to produce a solution."

She smiled slightly, "An interesting solution you and your kin have provided, turning battlefield disadvantage to victory with political maneuvering. I was surprised to see you convince so many of the 'bystanders' to not only remain neutral but actively join in to your plan. And your skill at not only dismissing the representative of your 'lord' but convincing them to release even more men to your care."
"War is fought on many levels as my father is wont to say," she replied with mild amusement.

"I can see the appeal in this."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:17 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:12 pm
"War is fought on many levels as my father is wont to say," she replied with mild amusement.

"I can see the appeal in this."
"Something I hope this demonstrates...in a small part." Ayano's eyes shifted between the Crane and the ongoing 'battles', "One has to worry about supplies, movement, obstacles, allies, and a host of other unforeseen consequences. Friction as mother calls the last of those."

"Much of the basic ideas are laid out in leadership." She pats the wooden case. "Though it is of course interwoven with the warrior's philosophy of Lord Akodo."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:17 pm
"Something I hope this demonstrates...in a small part." Ayano's eyes shifted between the Crane and the ongoing 'battles', "One has to worry about supplies, movement, obstacles, allies, and a host of other unforeseen consequences. Friction as mother calls the last of those."

"Much of the basic ideas are laid out in leadership." She pats the wooden case. "Though it is of course interwoven with the warrior's philosophy of Lord Akodo."
"Logistics, politics, economics, weather... there are a great deal of factors that can affect the battle field. I like this game, did you play this often?" she offered as she picked up a piece from a finished game.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:20 pm
"Logistics, politics, economics, weather... there are a great deal of factors that can affect the battle field. I like this game, did you play this often?" she offered as she picked up a piece from a finished game.
Ayano blinked, "Ah...well yes quite often though not so much in its capacity as a game but as a teaching tool. Some of Lady Makime's students do find a less complicated rule set an enjoyable distraction."

"Indeed, trying to be prepared for most predictable complications with a robust enough plan to adapt to the unpredictable is the key."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:32 pm

"What do you enjoy most of this learning tool," she asked.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:48 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:20 pm
The young Dragon was putting on a brave if tired face, hoping this little game would at least lighten the mood for Ayano. The Lion was not used to such night haunts it was clear...

Seeing at least a friendly face, Satsuki approached Sora and Soryu, looking first to the boy. "Having fun, little prince?" she asked with a smile.
"Daddy won the battle even though Phi says his planning was awe full!" The boy paused. Peered up at Satsuki. "Did you have a nightmare, 'Hime?"

Sora's gaze flickered to where Phi was still gobsmacked and then back to Satsuki.

"Satsuki-san had to work late, Soryu."

"Oh. That stinks."

"Yes, but we try not to draw attention to it."

"Oh. Is that an etty ket thing?"

"More or less. It's also a way to not make people self-conscious."

And then a messenger approached Sora.
Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm
Ayano smiled slightly and summoned a servant. She scribbled a few words and actually retrieved a small disk with her family seal engraved on it to mark the message. Then she sent the man off to Jiyo Sora.
Makime Ayano wrote: To the Courageous and Skilled Jiyo Soryu

I wish to gift you with my ten best warriors and trust you to know them on sight.

Though I ask you wait until all the battles have concluded.

[Personal Seal of Makime Ayano]
He smiled, bowed toward the Lioness, and... handed the letter to Soryu.

"Son, here's a bit of a test... can you read this?"

To judge by the way the kid lit up, he could.
Last edited by Jiyo Sora on Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Soryu's question took her aback, and she seemed at loss for words for a moment. She wanted to ask if he had had bad dreams too, but, seeing how excited he was from the letter, she couldn't bring herself to do it. In case it would ruin the good mood.

"... Bad dreams?" she looked to Sora, indicating his son with a gentle nod.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 pm
"... Bad dreams?" she looked to Sora, indicating his son with a gentle nod.
He nodded back once... and then tapped the cheekbone under his eye... which his son had inherited.

"So how'd you do, anyway? As my scurrilous daughter notes, my planning was pretty dreadful, but I still pulled off a win..."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:27 pm

"Ahhh... I had a decent plan, but I got bogged down in all the minute details afterwards and lost," she admitted with a wry smile.

Seeing Soryu head off to claim his prize from Ayano, Satsuki lowered her voice. "Lots of bad dreams tonight. Myself, Ayano, Genji, and Rei... we all had the same dream. I'm suspecting more have suffered the similar dream too."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:35 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:27 pm
Seeing Soryu head off to claim his prize from Ayano, Satsuki lowered her voice. "Lots of bad dreams tonight. Myself, Ayano, Genji, and Rei... we all had the same dream. I'm suspecting more have suffered the similar dream too."
"And we have these ravens pressing in, and... the feeling in the air today is familiar. In a bad way. It reminds me of the trip south. Nightmares, visions, and plainly obvious things. This is going to boil over soon, I think."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:39 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:35 pm
"And we have these ravens pressing in, and... the feeling in the air today is familiar. In a bad way. It reminds me of the trip south. Nightmares, visions, and plainly obvious things. This is going to boil over soon, I think."
She nodded cautiously. "Yume-do will have the answers. I'm sure of it." This wasn't the time or place to tell him everything she had put together to be presented to Shiba later.

"I could give you my notes to read over later, if you like. Might help in the future for planning."
Theme | Profile