Elemental Discussions: Roleplay (D6. LM. Open)

Doji Hikaru

Re: Elemental Discussions: Roleplay (D6. LM. Open)

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:59 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:08 pm
Ayano frowned and looked off to the side, "...one of your kin."
"I see." Hikaru murmured. He, too, looked away for a moment.

He looked back. "Crane appreciate art. Perhaps you should show it to her. I think she would like that." It was likely true, no matter which of his kin Ayano was talking about.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:25 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:59 pm
"I see." Hikaru murmured. He, too, looked away for a moment.

He looked back. "Crane appreciate art. Perhaps you should show it to her. I think she would like that." It was likely true, no matter which of his kin Ayano was talking about.
Ayano's eyes widened a fraction and her cheeks reddened, "...I gifted it to her actually." She looked at the Crane, and the obvious hit the Lion. "Oh...I guess it would be obvious, given you are the only..." Her smile finally returned though sheepish.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:45 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:25 am
Ayano's eyes widened a fraction and her cheeks reddened, "...I gifted it to her actually." She looked at the Crane, and the obvious hit the Lion. "Oh...I guess it would be obvious, given you are the only..." Her smile finally returned though sheepish.
"Yes." Hikaru murmured, smiling just a little. "But that means I could not in certainty narrow it down further. Although I could guess." His tone indicated that he was not about to; it was entirely unpressing now.

"Well. Good." Hikaru said nodding to her. There was a brief pause. "I do hope to see some of your work sometime. As I mentioned, painting is my preferred form of artistic expression."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:32 am

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:38 pm
'' Indeed. I don't know how it would work with my training. After all the Void doesn't allow me to attach myself. Which i don't know if there will be a contradiction between marriage life and being a priest that can sense the void.

'' But, hai, i guess it will come to Togashi Saruko-donno. I'm confident that your honored mother will have the answer, Hime.'' He said. '' Still i gave my word and i will fulfill it.''
"Mm, you are clever. I'm sure you'll find a way to work it out. I know that aunt Kara was similar to you, in that she communed with the Void similarly to have the Ryoshun mystics do, but she had husband and children." But she knew better than anyone that everyone had a different path to walk. Her parents often stressed this to her.

"I think that might be a wedding I'm way more interested in atteding than the one we saw earlier this week," she teased with a chuckle.

Then when it was Kuu's turn to demonstrate, she watched with great attention. And she practically had to stop herself from clapping at the display of his healing Kiho!
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:38 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:32 am
"Mm, you are clever. I'm sure you'll find a way to work it out. I know that aunt Kara was similar to you, in that she communed with the Void similarly to have the Ryoshun mystics do, but she had husband and children." But she knew better than anyone that everyone had a different path to walk. Her parents often stressed this to her.

"I think that might be a wedding I'm way more interested in atteding than the one we saw earlier this week," she teased with a chuckle.

Then when it was Kuu's turn to demonstrate, she watched with great attention. And she practically had to stop herself from clapping at the display of his healing Kiho!

Yatsufusa took out his fan and covered his mouth as he chuckled behind it, because of Satsuki's comment. '' I'm honored that you would consider my wedding more interesting that the one of your cousin. I truly am, Hime.'' He continued to chuckle. '' Hopefully i will not dissapoint you.''

Then he observed Akodo Moshi and Kuu's performance. He knew that the Lion was an air shugenja and quite powerful one, he deducted that from their previous conversation. As for Kuu, Yatsu had watched what mysterious powers monks had and, like Satsuki, could use their tatoos and other mystical powers to create effects that he as a priest could not understand yet.

Quite fascinating for his eyes indeed.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:42 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:45 am
"Yes." Hikaru murmured, smiling just a little. "But that means I could not in certainty narrow it down further. Although I could guess." His tone indicated that he was not about to; it was entirely unpressing now.

"Well. Good." Hikaru said nodding to her. There was a brief pause. "I do hope to see some of your work sometime. As I mentioned, painting is my preferred form of artistic expression."
"And I wish to continue exploring forms of expression." Ayano replied with her own smile, "I will also be practicing painting quite a bit over the winter I think, it would be good to have someone to paint with."

"Perhaps in turn you can practice your theology...I am no expert but I have picked up a few arguments."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:51 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:42 pm
"And I wish to continue exploring forms of expression." Ayano replied with her own smile, "I will also be practicing painting quite a bit over the winter I think, it would be good to have someone to paint with."

"Perhaps in turn you can practice your theology...I am no expert but I have picked up a few arguments."
"I would be pleased to paint with you, if you wished." Hikaru said with polite interest. "Or... really, any of my Clan should, I expect. I'm sure you need only suggest the idea."

The comment made Hikaru grimace, just a little. "Perhaps. Theology has not been a special study of mine, not in the way that Bushido is. As failure is a teacher, however, perhaps this is an opportunity to learn." He looked at her. "You did not present an argument of your own, though?" It was more than half a question; the fact was clear, but the why was not.
Last edited by Doji Hikaru on Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Rei was quietly watching the others.

(Because her player forgot to join the thread.)
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:15 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:51 pm
"I would be pleased to paint with you, if you wished." Hikaru said with polite interest. "Or... really, any of my Clan should, I expect. I'm sure you need only suggest the idea."

The comment made Hikaru, just a little. "Perhaps. Theology has not been a special study of mine, not in the way that Bushido is. As failure is a teacher, however, perhaps this is an opportunity to learn." He looked at her. "You did not present an argument of your own, though?" It was more than half a question; the fact was clear, but the why was not.
Ayano looked to the debate, "Ah...well I can speak on only the words of others when it comes to this argument. Personally I am more interested in seeing new thought then just repeating what is already familiar to everyone."

"We can continue our discussion of Bushido some time as well. Tomorrow I will offer up my copy of Leadership, if someone manages to impress me. But I have read it enough...I might be able to reproduce it from memory alone." Ayano chuckles softly to herself, "Of course Doji-san could perhaps prove an artist at Lord Akodo and Lady Makime's art and claim it?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:38 am
Yatsufusa took out his fan and covered his mouth as he chuckled behind it, because of Satsuki's comment. '' I'm honored that you would consider my wedding more interesting that the one of your cousin. I truly am, Hime.'' He continued to chuckle. '' Hopefully i will not dissapoint you.''

Then he observed Akodo Moshi and Kuu's performance. He knew that the Lion was an air shugenja and quite powerful one, he deducted that from their previous conversation. As for Kuu, Yatsu had watched what mysterious powers monks had and, like Satsuki, could use their tatoos and other mystical powers to create effects that he as a priest could not understand yet.

Quite fascinating for his eyes indeed.
Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:07 pm
Rei was quietly watching the others.
Seeing that her dear cousin was for the moment alone in her observations, Satsuki made sure the Ryoshun heir was given some tea and sweets to join her and Yatsufusa.

"Rei-Rei, I'm so happy you're here too." She really was glad that her cousin had decided to show up to give her presentation. "Have you met Saru Yatsufusa before? Like you he can speak to the mysterious Void. Saru Yatsufusa, this is my dear cousin Ryoshun Rei, daughter of Lord Ryoshun and Lady Ryoshun Nazo of the Bat."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:28 pm

"I do not believe so." she offered a polite bow. "I am always pleased to meet anyone of the Dragon."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:31 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:15 pm
Ayano looked to the debate, "Ah...well I can speak on only the words of others when it comes to this argument. Personally I am more interested in seeing new thought then just repeating what is already familiar to everyone."

"We can continue our discussion of Bushido some time as well. Tomorrow I will offer up my copy of Leadership, if someone manages to impress me. But I have read it enough...I might be able to reproduce it from memory alone." Ayano chuckles softly to herself, "Of course Doji-san could perhaps prove an artist at Lord Akodo and Lady Makime's art and claim it?"
Hikaru inclined his head. "Indeed. I, too, am here more to learn than to speak." He grimaced, just a little. "I fear some of the arguments may be beyond me. But perhaps a few scraps of knowledge may remain, as a too-large net will still catch a few fish." Or so he understood; he was better at metaphors than fishing.

"Perhaps." A twist of the lips at that. "I fear that the similarities may be too far apart from the arts that I practice. I think I will be a disappointment. But, well, it may be an opportunity to learn."

His polite expression returned. "May I ask how one studies that art? I imagine you can't have a force on hand to practice with all the time."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:28 pm
"I do not believe so." she offered a polite bow. "I am always pleased to meet anyone of the Dragon."
'' It is an honor, Ryoshun Rei-himesama.'' He bowed to the princess from the Bat clan. '' This one hopes that Amaterasu-no-kami has blessed you today.'' He said politely.

'' This is the first time that i had met another ishiken, well, apart from my sensei. Well, among us on the Dragon is not as extensive gift unlike your honored clan, Ryoshun Rei-himesama.'' He commented.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:56 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:31 pm
Hikaru inclined his head. "Indeed. I, too, am here more to learn than to speak." He grimaced, just a little. "I fear some of the arguments may be beyond me. But perhaps a few scraps of knowledge may remain, as a too-large net will still catch a few fish." Or so he understood; he was better at metaphors than fishing.

"Perhaps." A twist of the lips at that. "I fear that the similarities may be too far apart from the arts that I practice. I think I will be a disappointment. But, well, it may be an opportunity to learn."

His polite expression returned. "May I ask how one studies that art? I imagine you can't have a force on hand to practice with all the time."
"In various ways," Ayano tapped her chin, "Most should be familiar to you, mock battles and practicing one's skill at fighting."

She clasps her hands in front of her, "But what we will see tomorrow is more...well a thought experiment. Given a scenario, information, and subordinates one must try to develop a solution. Mother views everything through warfare it seems, but personally I think the basic idea could be altered to help practice other useful skills."

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:35 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:39 pm
'' It is an honor, Ryoshun Rei-himesama.'' He bowed to the princess from the Bat clan. '' This one hopes that Amaterasu-no-kami has blessed you today.'' He said politely.

'' This is the first time that i had met another ishiken, well, apart from my sensei. Well, among us on the Dragon is not as extensive gift unlike your honored clan, Ryoshun Rei-himesama.'' He commented.
"Most of our Ishiken were self taught wanderers as my mother was." she explained. "She spent some time seeking them out and bringing them to the clan to refine their techniques. That is something we continue to do."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:02 pm

Having said his bit, and proved that way his scribe's abilities did not give him any superior insight on spiritual questions, Ayumu focused his attention on listening to more savant speeches.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:05 pm

"How did Uncle Ayumu do?"
"Well, he at least explained his position fairly well..."
"That bad, huh?"
"Well, not bad, exactly, but he's out of his depth."
"Sooo..."
"He did better than Dad would have done."
"That's 'cause Uncle Ayumu's got more polish."

"Yes, he does. Especially compared to you two. Pay attention, girls, this is important stuff..."

"That you don't understand, Dad."

"Yeah. But you two might."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:37 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm
Nozomi seemed to catch what the Anjing and Ryoshun were both saying and nodded appreciatively. there was something considerably more traditional about the Crab's approach that was still very appropriate in her mind. The woman really was well trained in the arts. Nozomi couldn't question that she had a solid grasp of traditional prayer and only wished that her own grasp of theology was more well founded than it was so that she could have managed to accomplish a better presentation. Still, the demonstration was at least something.

"That's the woman we met earlier isn't she?" Mayumi mentioned, gesturing towards Sagara curiously, getting a nod.

"She seems a credit to the Crab. I hope they find more priests like her."
Sitting with her companion squirrel she looks to him on her hand. Seeing just past him a woman she felt she recognized from the previous attendance of the wedding, being oft by Satsuki's side. Nozomi, as she recalled, was someone who was said to have seen the bear that she now had a rather acute interest in. Looking to her friend she smiles, and nods, with two quick but gentle raises of her hand he gets the meaning and scurries up onto her shoulder. Once safely there she rises from her seat and walks over to the woman who might hold some interesting answers.

Walking to Nozomi's side, Ko waits near-ish where she might be noticed and awaits to be acknowledged.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:54 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:35 pm

"Most of our Ishiken were self taught wanderers as my mother was." she explained. "She spent some time seeking them out and bringing them to the clan to refine their techniques. That is something we continue to do."
'' Indeed. Great reputation comes from your estemeed clan's priests. One day, perhaps i should visit your Ryoshun's-no-kami lands in order to learn and further the knowledge from the void.'' He adds.

'' The void is mysterious and frankly, i don't understand it. I have much to learn yet.'' He adds, sincerely.

Background

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:11 pm

"I would welcome your visit." she nodded. "Sharing knowledge and insight can benefit everyone."