Elemental Discussions: Roleplay (D6. LM. Open)

Doji Hikaru

Re: Elemental Discussions: Roleplay (D6. LM. Open)

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:07 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:50 pm
"I did say failure was a harsh teacher," Ayano glanced back to the debate, "Harsh enough that, as you say, would make whatever lesson learned irrelevant."'

"Mother has a saying for that actually, and forgive the vulgarity of its subject: A drop of sweat on the training field saves a bucket of blood on the battlefield. We practice to find our faults before it really matters."

"Though in this case...I think faults and failure are more useful then anything," She nods to the discussion, "Subjecting one's thoughts to be picked apart and destroyed is painful but leads to progress."
"Perhaps there we have our comparison to magic. A few drops of blood, shed for a purpose..." Hikaru gave a vague wave of his hand. "Great deeds often require sacrifice. Do we not see that in how our priests must spill a little blood for their faith?" He gave the slightest of shrugs; this was not a subject he felt a great expertise on, after all.

Slowly, he nodded. "I think you are right. It is a productive discussion..." He trailed off, frowning thoughtfully.

Turning his head, Hikaru looked at Ayano, his expression polite, but gentle. "May I ask, how is your mother as a teacher, Makime-sama?" His tone was polite, conversational.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm

Nozomi seemed to catch what the Anjing and Ryoshun were both saying and nodded appreciatively. there was something considerably more traditional about the Crab's approach that was still very appropriate in her mind. The woman really was well trained in the arts. Nozomi couldn't question that she had a solid grasp of traditional prayer and only wished that her own grasp of theology was more well founded than it was so that she could have managed to accomplish a better presentation. Still, the demonstration was at least something.

"That's the woman we met earlier isn't she?" Mayumi mentioned, gesturing towards Sagara curiously, getting a nod.

"She seems a credit to the Crab. I hope they find more priests like her."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 pm

Finishing his intervention, Yatsu returned to where he was before, continuing to listening to other people's theories.

[OOC]

PM or poke me on discord please if approached
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Phi noted the fox's distraction and... was plainly tempted to make a move, but restrained herself.

And not just because her Dad had fixed his really scary eye- the normal one- on her.

Shirayuki was chowing down on mochi bunnies.... and stashing a couple to give to Soryu, who wasn't present.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Akodo Moshi takes some time to meditate and the wound she made for the demonstration recedes and disappears by the end of the minute.

D6 LM: Meditation/Void, TN 15, activate Ride the Water Dragon: 6d10o10k3 37
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:00 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:07 pm
"Perhaps there we have our comparison to magic. A few drops of blood, shed for a purpose..." Hikaru gave a vague wave of his hand. "Great deeds often require sacrifice. Do we not see that in how our priests must spill a little blood for their faith?" He gave the slightest of shrugs; this was not a subject he felt a great expertise on, after all.

Slowly, he nodded. "I think you are right. It is a productive discussion..." He trailed off, frowning thoughtfully.

Turning his head, Hikaru looked at Ayano, his expression polite, but gentle. "May I ask, how is your mother as a teacher, Makime-sama?" His tone was polite, conversational.
Ayano's expression darkens, "There are, in fact, harsher teachers then failure." The moment passes and her eyes turn to the Doji, "Lady Makime is a busy woman and her time is not to be wasted."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:02 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 pm
Finishing his intervention, Yatsu returned to where he was before, continuing to listening to other people's theories.
"We have so many talented people here today, Yatsufusa," Satsuki commented to her companion. "I wish I could spend all day just listening to others talk about these topics."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:06 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:02 pm

"We have so many talented people here today, Yatsufusa," Satsuki commented to her companion. "I wish I could spend all day just listening to others talk about these topics."
'' Indeed, quite interesting topics have been brought up. Some do align with things that i believed, but hearing them from a different perspective is always enlightning, hime.'' He replied to her.

'' The fact that others thing so high of the spiritual world bring me hope.''
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:18 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:06 pm
'' Indeed, quite interesting topics have been brought up. Some do align with things that i believed, but hearing them from a different perspective is always enlightning, hime.'' He replied to her.

'' The fact that others thing so high of the spiritual world bring me hope.''
She nodded, looking at the group gathered as there was a lull in presentations. "How fares the spirits? You approached the Emperor about it early in court, I remember. Or is it too early to tell?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:18 pm

She nodded, looking at the group gathered as there was a lull in presentations. "How fares the spirits? You approached the Emperor about it early in court, I remember. Or is it too early to tell?"
'' Bit to early to tell...'' He said. '' I asked the spirit contact i had to see if she could get more information about how the spirit realms are now shifting.'' He adds.

'' I will have to pay a price for that information though...'' He said as he chuckled.

Background

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:23 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:22 pm
'' Bit to early to tell...'' He said. '' I asked the spirit contact i had to see if she could get more information about how the spirit realms are now shifting.'' He adds.

'' I will have to pay a price for that information though...'' He said as he chuckled.
"Oh?" his chuckle made her even more interested in what it could be. "Such is often the way of dealing with spirits; a favor exchanged for another. I hope it won't be a too costly one for you?"

She knew that sometimes spirits could be very capricious in asking these things.
Theme | Profile

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:28 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:23 pm

"Oh?" his chuckle made her even more interested in what it could be. "Such is often the way of dealing with spirits; a favor exchanged for another. I hope it won't be a too costly one for you?"

She knew that sometimes spirits could be very capricious in asking these things.
'' Well i guess i will not continue my path alone. That was the price...'' He adds to the conversation. '' Not that i don't welcome it, after all, well, my father and my mother had the same type of deal.''

'' Continuing the Ayakashi tradition i guess was the price.''

Background

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:28 pm
'' Well i guess i will not continue my path alone. That was the price...'' He adds to the conversation. '' Not that i don't welcome it, after all, well, my father and my mother had the same type of deal.''

'' Continuing the Ayakashi tradition i guess was the price.''
"Ahhh... I see." A part of her was glad that the Ayakashi ways wouldn't be completely gone, and she knew her mother would certainly not mind at all. "I'm sure mother will approve. She will probably be happy, even. The Ayakashi heritage is important to her... and uncle Yuzuru too." She inclined her head in the direction of the Consort and the Royal Fox Supervisor.
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:33 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:00 pm
Ayano's expression darkens, "There are, in fact, harsher teachers then failure." The moment passes and her eyes turn to the Doji, "Lady Makime is a busy woman and her time is not to be wasted."
Hikaru was silent for a long moment. "I see." He finally said, his tone gentle. He'd been right about that, anyway. The knowledge brought him no satisfaction.

Another moment, and he gave her a gentle smile, if a small one. "And have you had a chance to try your hand at any artistic endeavors, Makime-sama?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:38 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 pm

"Ahhh... I see." A part of her was glad that the Ayakashi ways wouldn't be completely gone, and she knew her mother would certainly not mind at all. "I'm sure mother will approve. She will probably be happy, even. The Ayakashi heritage is important to her... and uncle Yuzuru too." She inclined her head in the direction of the Consort and the Royal Fox Supervisor.
'' Indeed. I don't know how it would work with my training. After all the Void doesn't allow me to attach myself. Which i don't know if there will be a contradiction between marriage life and being a priest that can sense the void.

'' But, hai, i guess it will come to Togashi Saruko-donno. I'm confident that your honored mother will have the answer, Hime.'' He said. '' Still i gave my word and i will fulfill it.''

Background

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:33 pm
Hikaru was silent for a long moment. "I see." He finally said, his tone gentle. He'd been right about that, anyway. The knowledge brought him no satisfaction.

Another moment, and he gave her a gentle smile, if a small one. "And have you had a chance to try your hand at any artistic endeavors, Makime-sama?"
Ayano's expression brightens, "Yes. I spent yesterday morning painting under the tutelage of Nanzi Hadananzi-sama." The smile returns, "My first painting came out very well. Seems I have a natural talent, one I hope to pursue over the winter."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:52 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 pm
Ayano's expression brightens, "Yes. I spent yesterday morning painting under the tutelage of Nanzi Hadananzi-sama." The smile returns, "My first painting came out very well. Seems I have a natural talent, one I hope to pursue over the winter."
"Oh really?" Hikaru said, his eyebrows going up. "In truth, I am not surprised to hear it. You have an artists soul." His tone was as quiet and factual as ever.

"May I ask what the two of you painted?"

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:57 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:52 pm
"Oh really?" Hikaru said, his eyebrows going up. "In truth, I am not surprised to hear it. You have an artists soul." His tone was as quiet and factual as ever.

"May I ask what the two of you painted?"
"Ah...well portraits." Ayano suddenly grew more reserved, "Nanzi-sama painted one of myself and Lady Doji. I painted the most beautiful thing that came to my mind at that moment." Her lips were pressed flat, the information about Hidananzi's paintings came easily enough...but the Lioness was clearly glossing over her own.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:57 pm
"Ah...well portraits." Ayano suddenly grew more reserved, "Nanzi-sama painted one of myself and Lady Doji. I painted the most beautiful thing that came to my mind at that moment." Her lips were pressed flat, the information about Hidananzi's paintings came easily enough...but the Lioness was clearly glossing over her own.
Hikaru considered that for a few moments. "Oh?" He finally said. It was a carefully chosen 'oh', one that would be easy enough to politely dismiss. But, at the same time, it was an encouragement. Hikaru looked at her, still gently smiling.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 pm
Hikaru considered that for a few moments. "Oh?" He finally said. It was a carefully chosen 'oh', one that would be easy enough to politely dismiss. But, at the same time, it was an encouragement. Hikaru looked at her, still gently smiling.
Ayano frowned and looked off to the side, "...one of your kin."