Elemental Discussions: Roleplay (D6. LM. Open)

Bayushi Sasori

Re: Elemental Discussions: Roleplay (D6. LM. Open)

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:09 am

Sasori just listen to all the discussions.

//quote if approached
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:08 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:56 pm
"In various ways," Ayano tapped her chin, "Most should be familiar to you, mock battles and practicing one's skill at fighting."

She clasps her hands in front of her, "But what we will see tomorrow is more...well a thought experiment. Given a scenario, information, and subordinates one must try to develop a solution. Mother views everything through warfare it seems, but personally I think the basic idea could be altered to help practice other useful skills."
Hikaru frowned, his forehead creasing as he considered. "But how does one tell if the solution will work or not, without the ability to put it into practice?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:15 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:08 am
Hikaru frowned, his forehead creasing as he considered. "But how does one tell if the solution will work or not, without the ability to put it into practice?"
"It is largely proctored, so there is a lot of guess work." Ayano reddened slightly, "Some of it are things that can more or less be predicted how it will work. Logistical organization for instance is mostly about having a plan to move supplies quickly."

"The true test for mother's art...is not something I wish to see in my lifetime." A grimace, "But it mainly is a framework to get one thinking. When put into practice you take what observations you can and incorporate them back into the exercises. It is a cycle that will improve the quality of the practice."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:59 am

Wu Ko wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:37 pm
Sitting with her companion squirrel she looks to him on her hand. Seeing just past him a woman she felt she recognized from the previous attendance of the wedding, being oft by Satsuki's side. Nozomi, as she recalled, was someone who was said to have seen the bear that she now had a rather acute interest in. Looking to her friend she smiles, and nods, with two quick but gentle raises of her hand he gets the meaning and scurries up onto her shoulder. Once safely there she rises from her seat and walks over to the woman who might hold some interesting answers.

Walking to Nozomi's side, Ko waits near-ish where she might be noticed and awaits to be acknowledged.
Nozomi caught sight of the approach of the woman who would be of rather considerable help later this evening and turned, bowing to her. "Ah... uh, Wu-sama," she said, taking a moment on the heraldry before being sure of it. "It is a pleasure to see you here. I am Nozomi, and this is my daughter Mayumi." She didn't ask how she could help, but she left it implied, figuring the woman would ask soon enough.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:09 am

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:59 am
Nozomi caught sight of the approach of the woman who would be of rather considerable help later this evening and turned, bowing to her. "Ah... uh, Wu-sama," she said, taking a moment on the heraldry before being sure of it. "It is a pleasure to see you here. I am Nozomi, and this is my daughter Mayumi." She didn't ask how she could help, but she left it implied, figuring the woman would ask soon enough.
"Hello," she says, her voice having a semi-distant quality to it, as Nozomi turns to her. Looking to Mayumi as she was introduced, she repeats, "Hello," and offers Mayumi a smile that rose slowly, fell slowly, but altogether was brief. A little nod, an additional smile, and she breaks from Mayumi to look back to Nozomi. "Hello," she says again. "I spoke with Satsuki earlier. She mentioned you knew about a white bear. Would you speak with me about it?" she asks, an earnest curiosity in the slight furrow of her brow. A hope resting in the eye.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:09 am
"Hello," she says, her voice having a semi-distant quality to it, as Nozomi turns to her. Looking to Mayumi as she was introduced, she repeats, "Hello," and offers Mayumi a smile that rose slowly, fell slowly, but altogether was brief. A little nod, an additional smile, and she breaks from Mayumi to look back to Nozomi. "Hello," she says again. "I spoke with Satsuki earlier. She mentioned you knew about a white bear. Would you speak with me about it?" she asks, an earnest curiosity in the slight furrow of her brow. A hope resting in the eye.
This one seemed very ... she reminded her a little of Haka, but not nearly as depressing. Distant, reflecting a perspective that was not entirely here and now. Nozomi could handle that. The topic, though, made her lip thin. "We can certainly speak of the bear, yes. It's a bit of a concern of mine, though I've noticed that people seem to be trying to ... intervene prematurely lately, so I have been trying to leave this to the Guard. Still... there are worrying concerns."

"What did you wish to know?"
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:15 am
"It is largely proctored, so there is a lot of guess work." Ayano reddened slightly, "Some of it are things that can more or less be predicted how it will work. Logistical organization for instance is mostly about having a plan to move supplies quickly."

"The true test for mother's art...is not something I wish to see in my lifetime." A grimace, "But it mainly is a framework to get one thinking. When put into practice you take what observations you can and incorporate them back into the exercises. It is a cycle that will improve the quality of the practice."
Hikaru considered this, his expression neutral.

Finally, he bowed. "I look forward to seeing what you have created, Makime-sama." He straightened. "Perhaps it will be similar to our exercise here today..." he gestured about with one hand, "-where theories are discussed and tested."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:14 pm
Hikaru considered this, his expression neutral.

Finally, he bowed. "I look forward to seeing what you have created, Makime-sama." He straightened. "Perhaps it will be similar to our exercise here today..." he gestured about with one hand, "-where theories are discussed and tested."
"Perhaps not on the grander scale but I fully support any discussion on the plans others create to solve the problem," Ayano brushed the front of kimono and nodded, "In the ones we run at mother's court, such discussions have generally proven fruitful. There is always competition but the ultimate goal is to improve the group collectively."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:47 pm
This one seemed very ... she reminded her a little of Haka, but not nearly as depressing. Distant, reflecting a perspective that was not entirely here and now. Nozomi could handle that. The topic, though, made her lip thin. "We can certainly speak of the bear, yes. It's a bit of a concern of mine, though I've noticed that people seem to be trying to ... intervene prematurely lately, so I have been trying to leave this to the Guard. Still... there are worrying concerns."

"What did you wish to know?"
"All that I can," she says, a furrow of her brow as she regards Nozomi for a moment. Ko's companions squirrel, overwhelmed by the many people, scurries around Ko's back and finds itself the pouch it sleeps in within her robes. Hiding within for safety and comfort. "I have learned it is a spirit, but-" she furrows her brows, hesitating to think on the proper words, "un-awoken. I would do all I can to aid it. Though, I am not- I do not know if I would be able to convince the guard of my intent."

Another brief glance over her, "What do you mean to intervene prematurely?"
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:06 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm
"All that I can," she says, a furrow of her brow as she regards Nozomi for a moment. Ko's companions squirrel, overwhelmed by the many people, scurries around Ko's back and finds itself the pouch it sleeps in within her robes. Hiding within for safety and comfort. "I have learned it is a spirit, but-" she furrows her brows, hesitating to think on the proper words, "un-awoken. I would do all I can to aid it. Though, I am not- I do not know if I would be able to convince the guard of my intent."

Another brief glance over her, "What do you mean to intervene prematurely?"
"Oh, there were some who wished to investigate, to help the situation. I was attempting to converse with them when they reached the line of demarcation. They were very ... curious. But the guards are keeping all back." She didn't quite say it off-handedly, but she was clearly trying to paint it as not important enough to mention, largely because she was embarrassed.

"It is a spirit then? That would explain the beast's size. It is beyond the size of a normal bear, which if it is a spirit... perhaps from the realm of animals. If that is the case, it is close to an exemplar of a bear. We happened upon the bear while looking into missing person reports. She is pure white, and her cubs like her. Guarding and protecting them within a small cave, she has been separated from others. She is violent, but not aggressive if one keeps their far distance and does not approach the cubs. She has killed in their defense. Where did you learn it was a spirit? We did not have a shugenja present, and I fear that my gifts... do not relate to that form of spirit."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:28 am

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:06 pm
"Oh, there were some who wished to investigate, to help the situation. I was attempting to converse with them when they reached the line of demarcation. They were very ... curious. But the guards are keeping all back." She didn't quite say it off-handedly, but she was clearly trying to paint it as not important enough to mention, largely because she was embarrassed.

"It is a spirit then? That would explain the beast's size. It is beyond the size of a normal bear, which if it is a spirit... perhaps from the realm of animals. If that is the case, it is close to an exemplar of a bear. We happened upon the bear while looking into missing person reports. She is pure white, and her cubs like her. Guarding and protecting them within a small cave, she has been separated from others. She is violent, but not aggressive if one keeps their far distance and does not approach the cubs. She has killed in their defense. Where did you learn it was a spirit? We did not have a shugenja present, and I fear that my gifts... do not relate to that form of spirit."
"Bear of white fur, I have never seen something like this. I was interested when Satsuki spoke of it. Yatsufusa, however, claimed knowledge that it was a spirit. Yatsufusa is wise of such things," she says, assuring perhaps with a slow rise, slow fall, but altogether brief smile. "She acts as any bear would with her cubs. I am- uncertain, that I would have the same effect upon a spirit. At home though I am comfortable around such creatures. They do not find me a threat as I am as born to the forest as they are, my hope was that I might be able to help," she says, looking to Nozomi and regarding the woman's response to such words carefully.

"I think with the amount of people around, she would be nervous. Perhaps.. food, or something of the matter might be brought to her. A mother with cubs would not risk them easily and they may grow hungry if they do not have a means to acquire food," she says, her tone opening up a bit more as well and losing some of it's hesitant nature.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:42 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:28 am

"Bear of white fur, I have never seen something like this. I was interested when Satsuki spoke of it. Yatsufusa, however, claimed knowledge that it was a spirit. Yatsufusa is wise of such things," she says, assuring perhaps with a slow rise, slow fall, but altogether brief smile. "She acts as any bear would with her cubs. I am- uncertain, that I would have the same effect upon a spirit. At home though I am comfortable around such creatures. They do not find me a threat as I am as born to the forest as they are, my hope was that I might be able to help," she says, looking to Nozomi and regarding the woman's response to such words carefully.

"I think with the amount of people around, she would be nervous. Perhaps.. food, or something of the matter might be brought to her. A mother with cubs would not risk them easily and they may grow hungry if they do not have a means to acquire food," she says, her tone opening up a bit more as well and losing some of it's hesitant nature.
"I... am not an expert of spirits, but it strikes me that spirits of animals probably behave in a way that matches the animal from which they are formed. I would not imagine a bear spirit being any less protective of her cubs by her very nature." Though she couldn't be sure.

"Bears, though... they tend to avoid us. So it may very well be that they are displaced or hunger has impacted this situation. Even with a spirit, they ahve to eat something. We leave rice for them at the shrines, do we not?"