LA 5 - While Enlightenment is Recorded (Expecting)

Nozomi

Re: LA 5 - While Enlightenment is Recorded (Expecting)

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 pm

She had the shoulders to have carried a good, solid haori off very well. "I thank you for that," she said, relaxing only a fraction. The entire conversation was more of a persistent test of her patience and her social awareness. It was work, where she suspected it came naturally and easily to the other woman. "Linen is, at the least comfortable. And I have good, clean varieties that may not catch the eye, but serve to honor the privilege to be seated in the same room as the Emperor. What, if I may ask, is the current fashion?"

She really really didn't care, but it seemed the thing to ask at that moment.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:47 pm

“Well that depends on who you ask, and who you ask will not always be correct but it will be the prevailing fashion as they understand it. The Bat are mysterious but seem to rely on tradition eschewing a sense of modernity for what has worked before. The Crab to the surprise of no one prefer form over function, but they do have some unique summer innovations I have utilized before and some that might be too scandalous for some Crane but then again fashion is at its best when it is controversial,” she mused with a smile.

“If people are not whispering about your ensemble choices, are you wearing anything at all?” she asked warmly, though rhetorically.

“I wish I had more information on the Scorpion but it seems scarves and facial coverings are in vogue. I blame uncle Bayushi for such affectations. He would never admit it directly but he can be so dramatic, but his eye for fashion rivals my mother so I am intrigued to see what they produce. The Stag for the most part follow the fashions of my mother, which means layers and themes of nature; often tailored to the setting or guest to send a specific message. The more important the guest, or occasion, the more directed the theme.”

“Of course mother sets the standard but we have several skilled tailors and artisans who have attempted to build on the foundations she set forth. Nanzi Ukaru is one I adore and I had him prepare several ensembles for this trip, he matches my daring personality and figure with ease and comfort. Doji Yukarimi is young but I find her more sedate style suitable for light company, though best worn when I can afford to go out with a minimal amount of layers.”

“I would mention the Dragon, but… well they have never been ones to be fashionable, I am not exactly sure what it is they prefer but I am sure their artisans are capable at whatever it is they prefer doing. Father says my aunt is rather talented, perhaps the Dragon will surprise me in the future,” she finished.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:59 pm

Well that was predictably... holy shit. The girl certainly knew a lot on the subject. It was apparent that a lot of it glazed over this one's head, though Nozomi picked up two things that she homed in on. besides the fact that it was best to show she had paid attention and listen actively, they were of interest. "I believe the Spider have a skilled tailor who is in the court, or at least one of building skill. I would be intrigued to hear of their fashions, though I suspect that they share some in common with the northern tribes and a focus on functionality and practicality. It's something those three clans share in common." Admittedly, she spent a lot of time with them, so... that was little surprise that she was aware of their pragmatic nature.

"Your uncle is not entirely to blame. The day he wore that in the tournament, it caused others to idolize and mimic him. Like all of the kami, some wished to imitate and be close to him. I recall that it was the stories of your uncle Hisomu's bride about Bayushi and his actions in the tournament which caused me to wear one for many years. I... gave it to Bayushi Umeno-sama to give to him in gratitude for his inspiration and in apology that in the end, my path went a different way than his people. But when I was young, I remember having a certain... hero worship of your uncle. I was an old scout and hunter in a former life. Many of his gifts spoke to me, and to the people I once lived among. He's been good to them, for which I am grateful."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:35 pm

“So in another life you could have been Bayushi Nozomi, or some such. What prompted your choice to follow the path you have? Was it a calling or just felt like a better fit for your person?” she asked.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:44 pm

"Had it been his will when I left that place, I might very well have been ... well, not Bayushi Nozomi. I left that life, and the name associated with it, behind me when I crossed the river back to the north. A part of my new life, if you will." She considered for a moment. "The Little Teacher showed me that there might be other paths open to me, and that my intentions were not necessarily that which was best for myself or all. He did not guide me away from your uncle. He revealed a path, and I stepped foot on it. And since that time, he has helped guide me from time to time as I walk my own path beneath the Emperor's heavens and on his soil. In time, others have begun to walk similar paths alongside me."

There was more to it than merely that, not the least of which had to do with falling in love with Shinsei, and her fear of the corruption of some other force that was not the taint in the Scorpion lands, but in the end her taking up a monastic mantle had been more that a different path had opened and she'd realized that she might have been on the wrong one all along.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:52 pm

"And you will guide others in time," she mused. She added, "I look forward to seeing you become a guiding figure within your Order. I am intrigued at what the Crane can do to aid this growth of yourself and the Order?"

OOC: Soul of Honor vs. Etiquette + Awareness or reveal what the subject needs or wants.

Soul of Honor versus Etiquette Courtesy + Awareness: 8d10ro1o10k5+5 41

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Her efforts to pin down what it was that Nozomi desired netted two things. On the one hand, it seemed pretty obvious that she was looking to assist other monks in expanding monasteries in each of the clan's lands. She wasn't really bothering to keep their intentions or interests a secret, and seemed comfortable knowing that this might or might not be possible, but wanting to make the effort. On a personal note, she did seem to be trying to carefully gauge the clan's views on the precise status of the Celestial Order. There were hints in how she spoke that said the disparity in attitudes of the clans was a concern, that she viewed the Celestial Order as inevitable, if not preferable, and wanted it to ultimately one day be a clear-cut and positive thing. She was clearly feeling out the views of the different clans on both topics.

"Only in finding opportunities for us to serve the empire, as we've spoken about today," she said. "The paths we walk... are with little question not for everyone. As you said, there are roles for all. Some will make fine farmers, others great tailors, and some will grow to be great leaders and warriors. The opportunity to help as we can in seeing this through, where we are permitted, is of benefit.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:10 pm

“Well, I can assure you that your words have impressed upon me the need to support such ventures that assist the people in the specific but also have value to our samurai. I know that some see our ways as dogmatic and even despotic, but it is anything but. We simply feel that people understanding where they belong is the foundation of a working society that seeks to better all,” she responded.

“I think there is value in working with the Order of Heroes, that much is evident. It really comes down to how we can help them. What needs we can and cannot fulfill, perhaps if you provide some particulars that would be helpful,” she finished with.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:09 pm

She nodded. "In truth, I would not say the word despotic either. Your honored father and I... have not always seen eye to eye." She allowed herself a slightly rueful smile there. "If he remembers me, I'm sure he could tell you stories of a brash little hunter who mouthed off quite a bit while we were in the south. But I would never use such a word for his intent, nor for Hantei and his bride. That is ... clearly not your intent. What I want is to see the foundation formed within our lifetime to stand the test of time and be a blessing for my daughter's grandchildren's grandchildren, as I am sure your father wishes. There is a path forward in this. Together, in our proper roles. We have but to find it."

"This has been informative and I am glad that we were able to speak, Doji-sama. Thank you for your time." She bowed, and then considered what was asked. "I can give a few recommended locations perhaps. Which might be good ones for a monastery that might be of assistance. And... perhaps, if the Emperor has a moment of time in coming days, we can broach with him a clear note of the place within the Celestial Order of the monastic orders themselves, so that the role is clear."

Because she trusted Shiba in this more than Doji, and besides, his word was heaven's law.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:15 pm

"Long may he reign," she said and then added, "Thank you for your time and I hope to see your order grow."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:17 pm

"Long may he reign. I will have documents and possible locations drawn up for you and sent in the next day or so. I should confer on that with the other members of the order, and of course we will defer to the judgment of your clan." She seemed satisfied. The nitty gritty wasn't her strong point but she'd make sure Dojihime had it as she'd asked.