Day 4 LM event-Brunch of Ages (rp thread)

Wu Zhe

Re: Day 4 LM event-Brunch of Ages (rp thread)

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:43 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:38 pm
snip
''You have a vibrant family, Jiyo-sama.'' he grinned wide as he turned to Sora
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:44 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:43 pm
''You have a vibrant family, Jiyo-sama.'' he grinned wide as he turned to Sora
"That's one word for 'em..." Then he grinned. "Thank you, Wu-san, for putting on this delightful spread. Even if it's no doubt given my offspring a taste for relatively rare foods."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:42 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:44 pm
"That's one word for 'em..." Then he grinned. "Thank you, Wu-san, for putting on this delightful spread. Even if it's no doubt given my offspring a taste for relatively rare foods."
''It is our pleasure to offer this to those who are here. New and varied experiences are needed to grow...food is simply one that reaches people more easily''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:09 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:42 am
'It is our pleasure to offer this to those who are here. New and varied experiences are needed to grow...food is simply one that reaches people more easily''
"Very much so. You sound a bit like Yuzuru-sama, although he's less focused on culinary matters..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:58 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm
snip
"No, you're quite right. So long as there is no waste, so long as we aren't putting ourselves too much in the transient, there's nothing terribly wrong with a little indulgence. We experience the world, after all." Which sounded like a cheap excuse to have some gyoza, but she was going to take it. "There's always something of a fine line in participating in what is before you, and becoming embroiled in wanting more and more."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:07 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:09 am
Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:42 am
'It is our pleasure to offer this to those who are here. New and varied experiences are needed to grow...food is simply one that reaches people more easily''
"Very much so. You sound a bit like Yuzuru-sama, although he's less focused on culinary matters..."
Gusai follows the conversation.

He also snags another dumpling.

No sense letting them go to waste.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:09 am
''You flatter me sir'' he gave a light bow with his head ''I never had the chance to meet with the honored consort.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:53 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:13 pm
''You flatter me sir'' he gave a light bow with his head ''I never had the chance to meet with the honored consort.''
"Ah, yeah, he's kept pretty busy these days..."

He also knew that much like Sora himself, Yuzuru had hoped for a quiet winter with his family.

"But take my word for it- he and Togashi Saruko-sama go way, way back, and they have much in common in terms of their mindset."

Current Theme

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:21 pm

''I see. We of the Wu do differ from the Saru mindset, however''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:21 pm
''I see. We of the Wu do differ from the Saru mindset, however''
"Oh, believe me, I know!"

He chuckled.

"Wu was always a difficult guy to get to know, but I liked him. And he was a hell of a sparring partner."

Current Theme

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:36 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm
"Oh, believe me, I know!"

He chuckled.

"Wu was always a difficult guy to get to know, but I liked him. And he was a hell of a sparring partner."
That statement certainly drew some interest from the younger dragon

''You knew him? From where?'' there was some surprise in his voice

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:36 pm
That statement certainly drew some interest from the younger dragon

''You knew him? From where?'' there was some surprise in his voice
"Oh, we met in the days before the Tournament of the Kami. Good man. Quiet. Definitely wiser than I was, especially back then. And then he came South with us. I was damned glad to see him on that trip, let me tell you, because that trip was a dangerous one. We sparred a bit. Discussed philosophy. That Dragon Spear of his... I'm still impressed by the design. I was using a dagger-axe in those days- it hit hard, but it needed a lot of room to do much with it..."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Gusai nods to the comment.

There's a reason I use a knife, he thinks.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:50 pm
"Oh, we met in the days before the Tournament of the Kami. Good man. Quiet. Definitely wiser than I was, especially back then. And then he came South with us. I was damned glad to see him on that trip, let me tell you, because that trip was a dangerous one. We sparred a bit. Discussed philosophy. That Dragon Spear of his... I'm still impressed by the design. I was using a dagger-axe in those days- it hit hard, but it needed a lot of room to do much with it..."
''Large weapons can be cumbersome'' he admits as he takes in the story ''We are thought that the spear is a superior weapon to most because of it's ease to use even by untrained hands. A line of neophytes equipped with them will give trouble even to experienced swordsmen''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:06 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm
''Large weapons can be cumbersome'' he admits as he takes in the story ''We are thought that the spear is a superior weapon to most because of it's ease to use even by untrained hands. A line of neophytes equipped with them will give trouble even to experienced swordsmen''

"Oh, we absolutely looted and pillaged the concept for the naginata, even if it requires a bit more finesse to use to the fullest." Sora grinned. "But yes, a weapon you don't need to be a warrior to defend yourself with adequately? I appreciated that then, and I appreciate it now. A little organization, a little confidence, and people can protect themselves."

Current Theme

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:09 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:06 pm

"Oh, we absolutely looted and pillaged the concept for the naginata, even if it requires a bit more finesse to use to the fullest." Sora grinned. "But yes, a weapon you don't need to be a warrior to defend yourself with adequately? I appreciated that then, and I appreciate it now. A little organization, a little confidence, and people can protect themselves."
Zhe nods vigorously

''My teachers would often say the same. Over the last decade or so we have begun training our villagers in spear fighting and basic defensive strategies and it proved quite effective against bandits.''

He frowns

''I am not sure about bull chariots though''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:12 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:09 pm
Zhe nods vigorously

''My teachers would often say the same. Over the last decade or so we have begun training our villagers in spear fighting and basic defensive strategies and it proved quite effective against bandits.''

He frowns

''I am not sure about bull chariots though''
"Bull chariots? This sounds... highly experimental." Sora's grin became fiendish. "Tell me more."

Current Theme

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:12 pm
"Bull chariots? This sounds... highly experimental." Sora's grin became fiendish. "Tell me more."
''Well those behind the idea are saying that, due to our terrain, speed is not as important as raw strength and endurance. Since we have also a lot of cattle and quite a few bulls they thought that a pair of them with armor could pull an iron plated chariot around. Not as fast as a horse but faster then men on foot...and hell of a charge when going downhill''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 pm
''Well those behind the idea are saying that, due to our terrain, speed is not as important as raw strength and endurance. Since we have also a lot of cattle and quite a few bulls they thought that a pair of them with armor could pull an iron plated chariot around. Not as fast as a horse but faster then men on foot...and hell of a charge when going downhill''
"Armored bulls pulling a wagon..." He chuckled. "You might want to talk to the Ongaku about potential refinements there."

Current Theme

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 pm
"Armored bulls pulling a wagon..." He chuckled. "You might want to talk to the Ongaku about potential refinements there."
''The Ongaku? Why would that be?''