Day 4 LM event-Brunch of Ages (rp thread)

Wu Zhe

Re: Day 4 LM event-Brunch of Ages (rp thread)

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:26 pm

Twentieth entry: Dampaji or 'Big plate chicken'

Dapanji is a hearty and rich chicken stew rich in ingredients such as potatoes, chilies, onions, ginger, and garlic. Those eating this will also enjoy the wide flat noodles that accompany the dish, using them to soak the remaining sauce towards the end of the meal.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:31 pm

Twenty first entry: Roasted duck

Notoriously difficult dish to cook, it is a wonder how Takurou managed to make enough of them for everyone!

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 am

The hall was ready and the kitchens were ablaze with activity. Innumerable aromas drifted through the corridors of the palace promising a very, very tasty meal.

While Saru Takurou was likely doing miracles in the kitchen, Wu Zhe was organizing the placement of dishes to make sure everyone would be able to taste and eat as much as they wanted.

''Things looks promising!'' he said to himself with a smile

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Having done his bit in the event, Gusai approaches his Dragon hosts and bows.

"Thank you much," he says, "for putting on the spread. It's tasty!"

He smiles broadly, his one eye gleaming.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:45 pm

"Did you and your clan prepare all this food?" the tall Crab woman inquired politely of Wu Zhe. Her plate was heaped with food, and it looked like she had a particular fondness for the sha paley dumplings. "I'm called Yoshitsune Chizu, and I want to express the sincerest thanks for your efforts here."
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:08 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:40 pm
Having done his bit in the event, Gusai approaches his Dragon hosts and bows.

"Thank you much," he says, "for putting on the spread. It's tasty!"

He smiles broadly, his one eye gleaming.
The Wu representative give the Otomo a genuine smile of appreciation and give a bow

''It is us who wishes to thank you, Otomo-sama, for coming eating with us and partake in our tradition. We are glad you enjoy our produce and recipes''
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:45 pm
"Did you and your clan prepare all this food?" the tall Crab woman inquired politely of Wu Zhe. Her plate was heaped with food, and it looked like she had a particular fondness for the sha paley dumplings. "I'm called Yoshitsune Chizu, and I want to express the sincerest thanks for your efforts here."
He gives the crab diplomat an affirmative nod

''It took us some time to prepare everything but Saru Takurou-san is a marvelous chef and manages to do wonders in the kitchen.'' he could not help but grin at the praise ''We are glad you enjoy this brunch with us, sharing food at the first snowfall is a beloved tradition and we are thankful for having you here'' he bowed ''I am Wu Zhe, a pleasure to meet you officially Yoshitsune-sama''

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:08 pm
snip
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:45 pm
snip
"You flatter me too much," Gusai replies, "and I'm not about to gainsay such good cookery. Yoshitsune-san here," and he offers a bow to the large woman--Formidable, he thinks of her, and a challenge worth facing--"has the right of it.

"Otomo Gusai, master of the Hopeful Venture," he adds, by way of introduction.
Otomo Gusai

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:08 pm
''It took us some time to prepare everything but Saru Takurou-san is a marvelous chef and manages to do wonders in the kitchen.'' he could not help but grin at the praise ''We are glad you enjoy this brunch with us, sharing food at the first snowfall is a beloved tradition and we are thankful for having you here'' he bowed ''I am Wu Zhe, a pleasure to meet you officially Yoshitsune-sama''
"Such a lovely tradition," Chizu said approvingly. "We should all adopt it, I think. And I'm honored to make your acquaintance as well. I hope court is going well for you and your Clan so far?"
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 pm
"You flatter me too much," Gusai replies, "and I'm not about to gainsay such good cookery. Yoshitsune-san here," and he offers a bow to the large woman--Formidable, he thinks of her, and a challenge worth facing--"has the right of it.
"It's good to see you again, Ship Captain Otomo," Chizu said, bowing in return.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm

The princess was quite happily eating her fill of veggie-stuffed momo. Takurou made the best food for someone like her who didn't like meat, and only got sick from the dairy, so she was making sure to show how much she appriciated the efforts by eating everything else with great gusto.

Besides, just because she didn't eat something only meant there would be more for the others.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm
"It's good to see you again, Ship Captain Otomo," Chizu said, bowing in return.
Gusai places his hand over his heart and nods, adding "And I hope to see more of you!" before quieting to allow their interlocutor to proceed.
Otomo Gusai

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:15 pm

"Otomo Gusai, master of the Hopeful Venture," he adds, by way of introduction.

Zhe bowed to him as well ''A pleasure to meet you Captain''
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm
"Such a lovely tradition," Chizu said approvingly. "We should all adopt it, I think. And I'm honored to make your acquaintance as well. I hope court is going well for you and your Clan so far?"
''We are neighbors now, Yoshitsune-sama. I am sure our people will come to share many traditions the more we get to know each other.'' he replied, hopeful
''As for court...I would lie if I did not find it somewhat overwhelming. I am certainly not used to this pace of affairs...my usual duties are quite different.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:52 pm

A chattering swarm of three energetic young Jiyo circled around Sora and Kinyoubi, steadily eroding the food on offer.

Sora managed to disengage himself to offer a bow to the host of the event, even as the carnage continued behind him.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 pm

Ayumu tried to size how many rice balls he needed to make from the number of guests and the number of dishes already available.

His calculations ended up with "no more than a dozen and you're already probably wasting food with that number". The feast was already big enough to feed an army, and extra definitely not required at the moment.

So he left the remaining uncooked rice alone and moved from the kitchen to the dining area, dropping off the plate with the onigiri by the table and joining in the crowd of people about to eat.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 pm
Gusai places his hand over his heart and nods, adding "And I hope to see more of you!" before quieting to allow their interlocutor to proceed.
Chizu grinned and nodded at this sentiment.
Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:50 pm
''We are neighbors now, Yoshitsune-sama. I am sure our people will come to share many traditions the more we get to know each other.'' he replied, hopeful
"I hope we may become good neighbors to the Dragon," Chizu said. "Especially if you all are such fine cooks."
Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:50 pm
''As for court...I would lie if I did not find it somewhat overwhelming. I am certainly not used to this pace of affairs...my usual duties are quite different.''
"The court is a bit overwhelming," the big woman agreed. "Here, it seems I see as many people in a single day, as I normally would in a month! Still, it's my duty to make a good showing for my Clan, so I'm trying my best to meet people and join court events."

"Though, eating such a fine feast is certainly not the most onerous of these duties," she added with a smile.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:56 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 pm
"The court is a bit overwhelming," the big woman agreed. "Here, it seems I see as many people in a single day, as I normally would in a month! Still, it's my duty to make a good showing for my Clan, so I'm trying my best to meet people and join court events."

"Though, eating such a fine feast is certainly not the most onerous of these duties," she added with a smile.
"Again, Yoshitsune-san has the right of it," Gusai puts in. "And I am glad to see a woman of appetites here; it's refreshing, truly."
Otomo Gusai

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:53 pm

Nozomi's eyes popped, as did Mayumi's, when they arrived. She had not entered the contest itself, but wanted to offer the Dragon her support in coming here. Still, the mere sight of this was all quite a bit. Mayumi looked like a child in a candy store and she had to rest a hand on her shoulder briefly, leaning in close to whisper 'don't overdo it. Remember. We do not focus upon the material, yes?'

"I can still have some, yes? There's nothing wrong with eating good food if it's not just rice balls, right?" She looked up hopefully at Nozomi, making her mother just smile and laugh a little before nodding.

"Even monks eat. the universe sustains us the old fashioned way, my daughter."
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 pm
-snip-
"Jiyo-sama. Good to see you keeping busy. Quite an... interesting contest, would you not say?" she said, offering him a bow as her daughter looked over what was there and tried to find someone to make sure it was alright to eat. As soon as she did, she'd ... take the sampler route. she didn't want to overeat, so might as well try a little of everything yes?
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:24 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:52 pm
A chattering swarm of three energetic young Jiyo circled around Sora and Kinyoubi, steadily eroding the food on offer.

Sora managed to disengage himself to offer a bow to the host of the event, even as the carnage continued behind him.
Zhe eyed the children with a degree of amusement. Now that felt like home. He offered a bow in return to the familly man
Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 pm

''I do try my best with what we must do though I am not sure why we must do it.'' he frowns briefly ''Yes, it is quite an opportunity though it is not the number of people but the speed of affairs that baffles me. I am use to a more relaxed back and forth.''

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:24 am
''I do try my best with what we must do though I am not sure why we must do it.'' he frowns briefly ''Yes, it is quite an opportunity though it is not the number of people but the speed of affairs that baffles me. I am use to a more relaxed back and forth.''
"There's certainly truth to that," Chizu commiserated with a nod. "Why, it seems like there is some court event for every hour of the day! It's all I can do to keep up. Back in the Crab mountains, the harvest would already be in, and activities would be slowing for the winter. My uncle would likely hibernate until spring, like a bear, if he could. Still, our hosts have gone to great efforts to entertain us, so I try to do as much as I can."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:20 am

"Uncle Ayumu made onigiri!"

"Hey, what if I put some of this cheese stuff on it?"

"Let me try!"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:18 am
"There's certainly truth to that," Chizu commiserated with a nod. "Why, it seems like there is some court event for every hour of the day! It's all I can do to keep up. Back in the Crab mountains, the harvest would already be in, and activities would be slowing for the winter. My uncle would likely hibernate until spring, like a bear, if he could. Still, our hosts have gone to great efforts to entertain us, so I try to do as much as I can."
''That much is true.'' he agreed, musing on what was happening in his own village. ''It seems the Crab has adapted well to the northern climate''
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:20 am
"Uncle Ayumu made onigiri!"

"Hey, what if I put some of this cheese stuff on it?"

"Let me try!"
He could not help but chuckle at that ''These kids are adorable''