[D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Ryoshun Rei

Re: [D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:25 pm

"I will be happy to get some for my dear aunt." she smiled.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 am
"Well, not literally, but family tends to be a primary commitment. At least mine is... but then again, Eiji is an only child." Susumu looks guilty. "My personal experience is that close family is pure chaos."
Her fingers tapped against her chin in thought. "I must admit... my own pool of knowledge on this is rather limited to just my own family. My brothers and I are close, and we're close with our parents, but I don't think we're chaotic...?"

"How many siblings do you have? That might have something to do with such a perspective."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:25 pm
"I will be happy to get some for my dear aunt." she smiled.
“I would be happy to try and learn more from it. But, at another day. When is conviniente for my dear niece. I believe I indulged too much already. It is time to go. If you would excuse me.”

Kinsen bows to Rei, other dignitaries and starts to leave.

- -
Exit if not stopped
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 pm

Her fingers tapped against her chin in thought. "I must admit... my own pool of knowledge on this is rather limited to just my own family. My brothers and I are close, and we're close with our parents, but I don't think we're chaotic...?"

"How many siblings do you have? That might have something to do with such a perspective."
Susumu offers a look that is almost guilty. "Seven. I have seven siblings."

He pauses for a moment. "Not all of us are by blood, mind you. Otou-sama and okaa-sama took a number of us in. They have plenty of pupils too, to be sure, but for three of us...we could have been nothing but bones, or a peasant in a land where not everyone flocks to peasant weddings*

Susumu's eyes flicker to the direction the Crane princess and her retinue had gone.

"But they chose us, and by the grace of the Heavens we are here"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:57 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:45 pm
Susumu offers a look that is almost guilty. "Seven. I have seven siblings."

He pauses for a moment. "Not all of us are by blood, mind you. Otou-sama and okaa-sama took a number of us in. They have plenty of pupils too, to be sure, but for three of us...we could have been nothing but bones, or a peasant in a land where not everyone flocks to peasant weddings*

Susumu's eyes flicker to the direction the Crane princess and her retinue had gone.

"But they chose us, and by the grace of the Heavens we are here"
"That sounds like quite the full family home!" she exclaimed with surprise, albeit not in a negative way. "Your parents must be very kind folk, to take in so many. Not everyone is blessed with similar compassion."

A remark intended for the departed princess as she caught his look, and looked the same way.

"But we should probably talk some other time about business between our clans, neh? Zhe is probably better to talk about that kind of stuff than I am though, but if it concerns the Togashi I'm the one to talk to, I suppose. We could speak more about how to help our neighbours."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:10 pm

"Yes, certainly!" Susumu responds quickly. "I look forward to your discussion."
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:14 am

"Of course. Now... if you'll excuse me, I think I'll have to go and suffer the consequences of drinking too much tea that I mentioned earlier in the debate..."

Satsuki offered the Spider a bow. "Continue to have a good day, Hisomu-san!"

Another bow and then the princess took her leave too.

/exit
Theme | Profile

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:52 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:57 pm

"I suppose such is situational, depending on who one deals with the reputation might be of more value then quality." Ayano sighs, "But I dare say the unknown but gifted will acquire a reputation soon enough, which I admit is idealistic of me."

"When it comes to silk weavers...well my family hopes to build our own reputation and for true reason of quality." A wry smile, "And quantity to be available for those who wish to trade. The balance between the two, quality and quantity, is a bit vexing of course."
"Lord Akodo's vassals should be idealistic, at least from all the things I've heard about him. And Leadership, of course," Kogi says earnestly. "And yet... it sounded for a moment like something Makime-sama might consider a flaw. Please pardon me if I misunderstood you."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:16 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:52 am
"Lord Akodo's vassals should be idealistic, at least from all the things I've heard about him. And Leadership, of course," Kogi says earnestly. "And yet... it sounded for a moment like something Makime-sama might consider a flaw. Please pardon me if I misunderstood you."
"I mean...well it's difficult to explain," Ayano frowned in thought, "And not worth pursuing I think..."

Her smile returns, "Speaking of reputations, it seems my Lord's followers have already acquired one."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:06 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:16 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:52 am
"I mean...well it's difficult to explain," Ayano frowned in thought, "And not worth pursuing I think..."

Her smile returns, "Speaking of reputations, it seems my Lord's followers have already acquired one."
"Oh. I, um, don't mind difficult ideas, you know." The corners of Kogi's eyes crease a little wryly. "I know this is a silly debate, but... I'm not silly all the way through. I only thought everyone could use a bit of fun."

She fidgets with her cup for a moment, then shakes her head a bit and re-gathers herself. "Of course Lord Akodo's reputation precedes him. And attaches to his vassals, who chose to serve him... well, I suppose it was Makime-sama's parents who chose, but still."
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:06 am
"Oh. I, um, don't mind difficult ideas, you know." The corners of Kogi's eyes crease a little wryly. "I know this is a silly debate, but... I'm not silly all the way through. I only thought everyone could use a bit of fun."

She fidgets with her cup for a moment, then shakes her head a bit and re-gathers herself. "Of course Lord Akodo's reputation precedes him. And attaches to his vassals, who chose to serve him... well, I suppose it was Makime-sama's parents who chose, but still."
"Chose...and was chosen in the case of mother." Ayano returned the smile, "And I suppose it does say much about one's opinions on a Kami's philosophy to choose it above the other Kamis."

"I didn't mean to imply anything, more...the topic was not one for light conversation, maybe something for another time?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:47 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:17 am

"Chose...and was chosen in the case of mother." Ayano returned the smile, "And I suppose it does say much about one's opinions on a Kami's philosophy to choose it above the other Kamis."

"I didn't mean to imply anything, more...the topic was not one for light conversation, maybe something for another time?"
"Oh. In that case, my apologies." Kogi inclines her body in a slight bow. "But it would be very pleasant to talk again another time. Makime-sama is an interesting person. And... perhaps you get tired of answering this question, but I would like to hear more about Lord Akodo some time--what he's like. I assume you've met him personally."
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:07 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:47 am
"Oh. In that case, my apologies." Kogi inclines her body in a slight bow. "But it would be very pleasant to talk again another time. Makime-sama is an interesting person. And... perhaps you get tired of answering this question, but I would like to hear more about Lord Akodo some time--what he's like. I assume you've met him personally."
"There is no need for apologies," Ayano replies dipping her head, "It was my mistake. And yes...I have met Lord Akodo, my copy of Leadership has some notes from my discussions with him and my mother."

"Lord Akodo is well, larger then life for a girl of eighteen. And one who lives up to the ideas he has put to paper." She smiled slightly, "I suppose like all the kami he has a sort of unreal presence. Something like when in court with his majesty the Emperor."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:31 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:07 am
"There is no need for apologies," Ayano replies dipping her head, "It was my mistake. And yes...I have met Lord Akodo, my copy of Leadership has some notes from my discussions with him and my mother."

"Lord Akodo is well, larger then life for a girl of eighteen. And one who lives up to the ideas he has put to paper." She smiled slightly, "I suppose like all the kami he has a sort of unreal presence. Something like when in court with his majesty the Emperor."
"My lord Bayushi has that too," Kogi affirms. "He's more there than other people... but also not... and beautiful, of course." She shakes her head slightly. "It's hard to describe, but as you say, his majesty the Emperor is almost the same. Until this winter, I'd never seen any of my lord's brothers or sisters with my own eyes. If ever they're all together, it must be like a rainbow."
是藥三分毒

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:27 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:37 am

"The question is would you like to send her a response? And Crane sama could deliver it to Doji sama." She nodded. "I offer my services as scribe to write in the man people way. That is if you don't think it would be intrusive of this one."
"Yes pleasre! If you could make memory paper for me for her that would be very helpful!"

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:17 pm

"Memory paper...?" Hikaru glanced at Sasori, and then back to the Nezumi. "Is that what you use for notes? But with smells instead? Or... is that what you call our writing?" Cross species communication was more difficult than he had guessed it would be.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:59 pm

"I think that is what the Nezumi call our writing. I think their ways of information is using sticks and smells." Sasori explained. "I am honored Nezumi sama to write this memory for you...When would you like to meet Lady Doji?"
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:05 pm

"Doji-san or Doji-sama." Hikaru corrected gently. "Lady Doji refers to the Kami herself."

Hikaru did not often correct etiquette, but when he did, it was relating to Lady Doji.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:31 am
"My lord Bayushi has that too," Kogi affirms. "He's more there than other people... but also not... and beautiful, of course." She shakes her head slightly. "It's hard to describe, but as you say, his majesty the Emperor is almost the same. Until this winter, I'd never seen any of my lord's brothers or sisters with my own eyes. If ever they're all together, it must be like a rainbow."
"One can see a little of it in the children of the Kami." Ayano replied, "Togashi-sama, Doji-sama, Hantei-sama, and I believe the daughter of Ryoshun."

"The first three have an unearthly quality, though lesser then that of Emperor Shiba and Lord Akodo."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:31 am
"One can see a little of it in the children of the Kami." Ayano replied, "Togashi-sama, Doji-sama, Hantei-sama, and I believe the daughter of Ryoshun."

"The first three have an unearthly quality, though lesser then that of Emperor Shiba and Lord Akodo."
"'Unearthly' would describe Ryoshun Rei-sama to the letter, I think, even though I've only seen her in a crowd." A brief quiet laugh can be heard behind Kogi's veil. "But all of those four are still more..." Again, she searches for the right words. "One can look at them directly without having to try... and then look away again without having to try. Hantei-sama is even quite approachable."
是藥三分毒