[D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Togashi Satsuki

Re: [D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:09 pm
"I don't know about "weird". I mean, the Spider aren't a bastion of normalcy throughout the Empire but to be quite honest it's rather refreshing to meet you. As wonderful as the kami are, they are imposing as they are magnificent. Your "normalcy" is an asset to convey your family's message to the world at large. In my humble opinion, milady"

" As for Shinsei-ism, we do not have much in the way of organized monestaries. There is plenty of room for self-actualization, but a significant portion is in regard to care for others. We came from such disparate backgrounds, what kept us together was the chance to be something more while still being ourselves. You can't encourage craftsmen to innovate new methods, or farmers to experiment with new agricultural practices, or scholars to research new topics, or even a new dojo if the cost of failure is starvation. You have to be willing to pick them up if they fall. In the Celestial Order, the greatest service that can be offered is to help that flourish as caretakers. Does that answer your question? "

"In a way, it is an answer, yes," she answered in that (in)famous crypical Dragon-way. "But I see what you're saying. At least the way my mother and father approach the Celestial Order that the Kami have brought. I get the feeling my father and your lord Hisomu might have similar views on much, if this is how the Spider act and treat their own." Which was said with a touch of approval, of course.

"I do hope I get the chance to visit my dear uncle after the snow has cleared. I've never had the chance to see his home or visit his people."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:23 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:48 pm
She nods, and gives her point of view, "You're neighbors of the Crab and Ki-rin Clan. Both are inclined to martial activities. Then you have Lion and Dragon with an open middle field. Also considering and affinities, I would presume making an alliance with the similarly martial Lion would be the best way to ensure independence and Clan identity –– they would need you as much as you need them. As a secondary option, I would consider choosing the favor of the Dragon Clan. In any case, it should be someone that knows how to lead people, either in court or in the battlefield."
"We are on good terms with the Dragon and the Ki-Rin." she nodded. "I've and some talks with the Crab about securing routes between our clans and assisting each other further. I've also spoken with the Spider, regarding some spiritual matters. But, I have not yet had much contact with the Lion."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm

"In a way, it is an answer, yes," she answered in that (in)famous crypical Dragon-way. "But I see what you're saying. At least the way my mother and father approach the Celestial Order that the Kami have brought. I get the feeling my father and your lord Hisomu might have similar views on much, if this is how the Spider act and treat their own." Which was said with a touch of approval, of course.

"I do hope I get the chance to visit my dear uncle after the snow has cleared. I've never had the chance to see his home or visit his people."
"I feel like you would be quite welcome, and if you prefer to be at home in a library, the Spider archives are our best attempts to match what the Imperial family has made. " Susumu clears his throat and quirks his lip a touch. "Otou-sama sometimes wishes I was of a more scholarly bent, but I don't think he would be against showing off a bit if I put it that way."

"Perhaps you could arrive as a delegate? Wu Zhe-san had expressed interest in trading minerals for extra supplies of rice. As I said, we see our roles as caretakers. There are Clans around who who have extra of things we could use, and the opposite is true as well. I would like to think that as neighbors we can at least come to an arrangement, something that binds us together so that we all grow and stand strong or none of us do. "
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:52 pm

"Did he?" she seemed surprised, but positively so. "Zhe's much more knowledgeable about that kind of stuff than I am. Trade and such, that is... but, I suppose it would be good to share more with our neighbours." A thoughtful nod. "We have a good relationship with the Bat, so it only makes sense to have the same with the Spider as well."

For a moment she tapped her chin in thought. "I don't know what a delegate would have to do? I had thought I could just visit as family...? Was I wrong to think that?" This being her first time away from her homelands, she felt a bit uncertain about what was the proper way to go about this.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:08 pm

"Well no, it's not wrong. It just might be that for a family visit you would likely keep things private. I'd imagine that we would have less of a chance of running into each other if it's not affairs of state.*

Is that... something I want?
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Confused blinking.

"... I don't think uncle Hisomu would lock me up if I stopped by for a family visit...?"

Or was it perhaps a strange Spider custom to be very secretive and discreet when visiting family? Maybe a spiritual thing?
Theme | Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:19 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:23 pm
"We are on good terms with the Dragon and the Ki-Rin." she nodded. "I've and some talks with the Crab about securing routes between our clans and assisting each other further. I've also spoken with the Spider, regarding some spiritual matters. But, I have not yet had much contact with the Lion."
She nods. "Those are all indeed the right actions to take. Yet, protection wise –– and even politically –– I would indeed suggest Lion. Perhaps Makime-san has a brother. Hmm~"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:26 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:33 am
["You are probably right about that, Akodo-sama," Kogi agrees with a shrug. "I suppose there are some kinds of work in which it could be an advantage, at least sometimes. But I never heard of a fever or a broken bone that was scared away by a doctor's grand reputation. Unfortunately." She shifts her cup back into her right hand, preparing to pass it neatly under her mask again. "Only patients and their kin disappointed from too-high expectations."
Ayano's smile grows weary, "High expectations are the root of a great many disappointments." A small hint of bitterness is evident in her tone, but it and the weariness disappear quickly. "I suppose in the doctor's case reputation only helps ensure the patients follow their instructions. But there are a few professions were reputation does work to increase success."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:44 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:29 pm
"This at the end is her personal seal. Any letter you receive with that at the end will be from her."
He looks closely, trying to make out the details of the seal with his beady little eyes. " Ohh so Doji-san wants to meet with me so I can share stories of my people with her?"

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:56 am

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:44 am
Doji Hikaru wrote:
"This at the end is her personal seal. Any letter you receive with that at the end will be from her."
He looks closely, trying to make out the details of the seal with his beady little eyes. " Ohh so Doji-san wants to meet with me so I can share stories of my people with her?"
"The ideal way to do things is to answer with a letter." Sasori explained. "If you want one of us could be your scribe."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:00 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:19 am
She nods. "Those are all indeed the right actions to take. Yet, protection wise –– and even politically –– I would indeed suggest Lion. Perhaps Makime-san has a brother. Hmm~"
"I'll keep your suggestion in mind." she finished her cup. "Hmm... Agasha's is better."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Wh'rr'kk

Post by Wh'rr'kk » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:27 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:56 am
Doji Hikaru wrote:
"The ideal way to do things is to answer with a letter." Sasori explained. "If you want one of us could be your scribe."
"Aye, I have not met her, and I do not think you man-people can read memory sticks, so sending her one would not be very useful"

Nezumi * Rememberer * Kwa-Thch * Tch'Tch
Niche: 3.5

Wears: Haori,Courtier's Cap, Tail Netsuke

Pouch: Wet Tooth Rock, Divination Sticks, Flint & Steel, Flask of Oil, Go Set, Sake Cup & Chopsticks, Several Sticks
Bedroll: Imperial Gift, Blanket, Hankyu & Quiver

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:33 am

Hikaru looked back and forth between the two of them. "I have no preference." He said honestly.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:37 am

Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:27 am
"Aye, I have not met her, and I do not think you man-people can read memory sticks, so sending her one would not be very useful"
"The question is would you like to send her a response? And Crane sama could deliver it to Doji sama." She nodded. "I offer my services as scribe to write in the man people way. That is if you don't think it would be intrusive of this one."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:06 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:26 am
Ayano's smile grows weary, "High expectations are the root of a great many disappointments." A small hint of bitterness is evident in her tone, but it and the weariness disappear quickly. "I suppose in the doctor's case reputation only helps ensure the patients follow their instructions. But there are a few professions were reputation does work to increase success."
"Tea growers and sake brewers being two of them." Kogi lifts her now-mostly-empty cup in a gesture a bit too subtle to rank as a flourish, but perhaps somewhere in the same family tree as one. "Silk weavers, too. Still, given the choice, I think... I would rather be very skilled and unknown than renowned but less skilled. Although in this life I wouldn't dare claim to be either of those, really."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:31 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:00 am
"I'll keep your suggestion in mind." she finished her cup. "Hmm... Agasha's is better."
Kinsen purses her lips and then smirks. She pops fan closed, and downs her cup, saying, "I am terrible with my sake."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm
Confused blinking.

"... I don't think uncle Hisomu would lock me up if I stopped by for a family visit...?"

Or was it perhaps a strange Spider custom to be very secretive and discreet when visiting family? Maybe a spiritual thing?
"Well, not literally, but family tends to be a primary commitment. At least mine is... but then again, Eiji is an only child." Susumu looks guilty. "My personal experience is that close family is pure chaos."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:06 am
"Tea growers and sake brewers being two of them." Kogi lifts her now-mostly-empty cup in a gesture a bit too subtle to rank as a flourish, but perhaps somewhere in the same family tree as one. "Silk weavers, too. Still, given the choice, I think... I would rather be very skilled and unknown than renowned but less skilled. Although in this life I wouldn't dare claim to be either of those, really."
"I suppose such is situational, depending on who one deals with the reputation might be of more value then quality." Ayano sighs, "But I dare say the unknown but gifted will acquire a reputation soon enough, which I admit is idealistic of me."

"When it comes to silk weavers...well my family hopes to build our own reputation and for true reason of quality." A wry smile, "And quantity to be available for those who wish to trade. The balance between the two, quality and quantity, is a bit vexing of course."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:23 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:31 am
Kinsen purses her lips and then smirks. She pops fan closed, and downs her cup, saying, "I am terrible with my sake."
"Hai, me too." she laughed. "Maybe we just need more practice."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:23 pm
"Hai, me too." she laughed. "Maybe we just need more practice."
“Un!” She replies with a high pitched and energetic tone. “Let me check this Agasha blend a bit and see if it is good.”

She winks. Drunk.

TN to be recognized is 0