[D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Makime Ayano

Re: [D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:06 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 pm
"'Unearthly' would describe Ryoshun Rei-sama to the letter, I think, even though I've only seen her in a crowd." A brief quiet laugh can be heard behind Kogi's veil. "But all of those four are still more..." Again, she searches for the right words. "One can look at them directly without having to try... and then look away again without having to try. Hantei-sama is even quite approachable."
"Indeed, like a reflection on the lake." Ayano's eyes drifted across the crowd to search out the aforementioned god-children, "An aspect of the original but just a recreation of it, still beautiful but not in the same manner."

She smiles, "Actually all of them have, save Ryoshun-sama who I have not met, have been approachable. More so then Lord Akodo is or I imagine your Lord Bayushi is."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:17 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:05 pm
"Doji-san or Doji-sama." Hikaru corrected gently. "Lady Doji refers to the Kami herself."

Hikaru did not often correct etiquette, but when he did, it was relating to Lady Doji.
"I apologize." She gave a bow. "I meant no disrespect." Sasori nodded. She looked at the Nezumi. "I mean no disrespect Nezumi sama but is there a way to write your name in the human tongue?"
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:06 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:06 am
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:41 pm
"'Unearthly' would describe Ryoshun Rei-sama to the letter, I think, even though I've only seen her in a crowd." A brief quiet laugh can be heard behind Kogi's veil. "But all of those four are still more..." Again, she searches for the right words. "One can look at them directly without having to try... and then look away again without having to try. Hantei-sama is even quite approachable."
"Indeed, like a reflection on the lake." Ayano's eyes drifted across the crowd to search out the aforementioned god-children, "An aspect of the original but just a recreation of it, still beautiful but not in the same manner."

She smiles, "Actually all of them have, save Ryoshun-sama who I have not met, have been approachable. More so then Lord Akodo is or I imagine your Lord Bayushi is."
"Lord Akodo's book does not give the impression of an approachable man, no," Kogi agrees with a slight shake of her head. "It is very interesting, but not... friendly."

A brow raises a little at the idea of the doubly-named Doji Doji-hime as 'approachable,' but perhaps a Lion, or a daimyo's heiress, would get to see a different side of the person.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:13 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:06 am
"Lord Akodo's book does not give the impression of an approachable man, no," Kogi agrees with a slight shake of her head. "It is very interesting, but not... friendly."

A brow raises a little at the idea of the doubly-named Doji Doji-hime as 'approachable,' but perhaps a Lion, or a daimyo's heiress, would get to see a different side of the person.
"You should meet his mortal co-author." Ayano added with a small grimace, "What of Lord Bayushi? I am to understand he is a secretive sort of man?" Her green eyes are back to focusing on the woman carrying said kami's name.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:13 am

"You should meet his mortal co-author." Ayano added with a small grimace, "What of Lord Bayushi? I am to understand he is a secretive sort of man?" Her green eyes are back to focusing on the woman carrying said kami's name.
"My lord Bayushi is a person whose business is to know about secrets that could threaten the Empire. He doesn't invent new ways to be secretive for fun, or anything else like that." Kogi laughs quietly. "I haven't met the Lady Doji--maybe someday, if I'm lucky, after she's recovered from this indisposition people speak of." She sets her cup down on a nearby table with a soft clink, looking a bit more serious for a moment.

"But... I suppose there is some truth to the saying that she and my lord are alike. Both of them like beautiful things, orderly things, and sharing that with human kind." For half a beat, her eyes soften at the corners as if she's remembering some such acts of elegant generosity. "And both of them know that in a civilized society, there are some other things people mustn't do or talk about around others. Lady Doji's followers... they seem more able to forget about those things once they're out of sight."
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:14 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 am
"My lord Bayushi is a person whose business is to know about secrets that could threaten the Empire. He doesn't invent new ways to be secretive for fun, or anything else like that." Kogi laughs quietly. "I haven't met the Lady Doji--maybe someday, if I'm lucky, after she's recovered from this indisposition people speak of." She sets her cup down on a nearby table with a soft clink, looking a bit more serious for a moment.

"But... I suppose there is some truth to the saying that she and my lord are alike. Both of them like beautiful things, orderly things, and sharing that with human kind." For half a beat, her eyes soften at the corners as if she's remembering some such acts of elegant generosity. "And both of them know that in a civilized society, there are some other things people mustn't do or talk about around others. Lady Doji's followers... they seem more able to forget about those things once they're out of sight."
Ayano raised a brow, "Forgive me but...what things might one be speaking of?" Her smile had lost some of its friendliness, the Lioness taking a more weary expression. Her tone and eyes did speak of genuine curiosity.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:13 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:14 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 am

Ayano raised a brow, "Forgive me but...what things might one be speaking of?" Her smile had lost some of its friendliness, the Lioness taking a more weary expression. Her tone and eyes did speak of genuine curiosity.
Kogi blinks and considers this for a moment... then giggles. "Well--well, that was inept of me. I let you put me in that bind. Or maybe I put myself into it." She shakes her head rather helplessly, eyes bright. "I, um, I don't know how to answer you, Makime-sama. Refusing a question from such an honored person would be a breach of Lady Doji's etiquette standards. But so would listing off things that..." she swallows a further, milder attack of laughing "... that etiquette says mustn't be spoken of at a public drinking party. I meant... well, inauspicious things, unlucky things, improper things..."

Her hands make a vague sort of fluttering gesture. "All sorts of things we're not supposed to talk about here!"
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:19 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:13 am
Kogi blinks and considers this for a moment... then giggles. "Well--well, that was inept of me. I let you put me in that bind. Or maybe I put myself into it." She shakes her head rather helplessly, eyes bright. "I, um, I don't know how to answer you, Makime-sama. Refusing a question from such an honored person would be a breach of Lady Doji's etiquette standards. But so would listing off things that..." she swallows a further, milder attack of laughing "... that etiquette says mustn't be spoken of at a public drinking party. I meant... well, inauspicious things, unlucky things, improper things..."

Her hands make a vague sort of fluttering gesture. "All sorts of things we're not supposed to talk about here!"
Ayano held her gaze steady, "Very well. Not a topic for public or...polite company then?" She blinks then looks away with a sigh. Overall the Lioness probably should have been embarrassed as well...but the sudden nature of the conversation had put her at unease for a moment. It all passed quickly. "I think the tea will have proven itself the safer conversation drink if nothing else." She remarks.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:45 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:19 am
Ayano held her gaze steady, "Very well. Not a topic for public or...polite company then?" She blinks then looks away with a sigh. Overall the Lioness probably should have been embarrassed as well...but the sudden nature of the conversation had put her at unease for a moment. It all passed quickly. "I think the tea will have proven itself the safer conversation drink if nothing else." She remarks.
Kogi spreads her hands with a wry air. "As a neutral party, I've been drinking both. I thought I'd be safe from both sides in that way." But maybe not... or maybe the River of Gold Reserve had been that much mightier than the Silver Needles, or vice versa?

"Maybe it's time to change over to water, after all," she concludes with a shake of her head. "I can't act a fool when handing out the prizes. But I would be more than happy to continue our interesting conversation some time, Makime-sama. Even someplace less public or... polite, if you liked."
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:24 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:45 am
Kogi spreads her hands with a wry air. "As a neutral party, I've been drinking both. I thought I'd be safe from both sides in that way." But maybe not... or maybe the River of Gold Reserve had been that much mightier than the Silver Needles, or vice versa?

"Maybe it's time to change over to water, after all," she concludes with a shake of her head. "I can't act a fool when handing out the prizes. But I would be more than happy to continue our interesting conversation some time, Makime-sama. Even someplace less public or... polite, if you liked."
"Moderation then...the key as it so often is when it comes to food and drink," Ayano added with a small chuckle. Her expression turn serious, "...how serious are these concerns of yours? We can find a place private enough if needed and maybe engage in more casual discussion as well."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:00 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:24 pm
"Moderation then...the key as it so often is when it comes to food and drink," Ayano added with a small chuckle. Her expression turn serious, "...how serious are these concerns of yours? We can find a place private enough if needed and maybe engage in more casual discussion as well."
"Oh, goodness, only as serious as you consider Lady Doji's social proprieties to be, I'd think. Opinions vary on that, I hear." Kogi laughs, softly and much more moderately this time. "As an emissary, I'm bound to consider such things more than a warrior might. But that sounds lovely."
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:02 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:00 am
"Oh, goodness, only as serious as you consider Lady Doji's social proprieties to be, I'd think. Opinions vary on that, I hear." Kogi laughs, softly and much more moderately this time. "As an emissary, I'm bound to consider such things more than a warrior might. But that sounds lovely."
"That seems something to look forward too," Ayano smiled, "Perhaps...two days hence? We can coordinate on the details later."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:05 pm

"Delightful." Kogi uses a tilt of her head to convey the impression of a smile. "Until then?"
是藥三分毒

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:49 am

"Until then." Ayano agreed with a smile.