Breaking the Ice (D2, LM, Player Event)

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Breaking the Ice (D2, LM, Player Event)

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 pm
Wu gave a nod

''Ah! I see. What sort of ore are you exploiting? I am responsible of a dairy farm myself''
"Mostly silver, though it also produces brass. And I have made sure the leavings are kept nearby, in case we discover there was something else threaded through, that we didn't know about. You oversee a dairy farm? Cows? Horse? Something else?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:12 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 pm
"I could give you a glimpse. I am no expert but I know a few moves. My mother taught me the way of the fan. People watching my basic kata think that I am dancing but in fact it is all defense." She nodded. "It takes time to make a fan more durable. To find the balance with the metal and the silk that reinforce the delicate weapon."
"Defense. Hmm. I would love to see a demonstration." Kinsen smiles and finishes her tea. "At your behest."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:29 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:09 pm
"Mostly silver, though it also produces brass. And I have made sure the leavings are kept nearby, in case we discover there was something else threaded through, that we didn't know about. You oversee a dairy farm? Cows? Horse? Something else?"
''Mostly cows and yaks. We have some goats but that herd is fairly small. We also produce all sorts of dairy products on site...cheese, butter and so on''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:27 am
She nodded appreciatively. "My mother and my sister spent many years in the wilds, surviving on what was naturally available. That made the early years easier for the clan as we adapted to the area, learning what we could grow, forage and hunt. I am glad the Crab have found their way, too."

She had let the tea cool a bit before her first sip. "I am not sure what we could offer to a clan so much larger than us, but I hope we can find ways to assist each other."
"I would guess that most of our resources are more or less the same, since we have the mountains around us both, and the Empire to our south." The crab woman took some sweets from the table, a small one that would not interrupt her dialogue for long, and took a small bite before continuing. "Personally I have much to learn from the Bat, since our home does not have a formal shugenja school yet, and we tend to be mostly self-taught. That is why most of my knowledge is more magical and less theological. In another more regional sense I would guess that we could share mostly knowledge and create routes between our lands to ensure trade and safe ways through the mountains. Of course the Crab could also be a helping hand in maintaining the northern barbarians away."
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:20 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:03 pm

"I plan to visit there, but a shugenja is an important thing and I couldn't leave my people on a whim. I need a reason to go, I figured I could use this opportunity to earn that. " She takes a moment of silence when he gives his sympathies, then moves to make the tea.

D2 LM: Tea Ceremony/Void, TN 15: 4d10o10k3 16

Yatsufusa nods and waits in silence as she prepared the tea. He was just learning about this so call, tea ceremony. Though in the past tea had played part in various old ceremonial rites, this was different, as the culture, he assumed, devised by Doji-no-kami was spreading to the rest of the Empire.

Looking at how she worked in regards to the tea manipulation was fascinating for a rather culture inclined Yatsufusa and for now he watches in reverencial silence as the ceremony unfolds.
After pouring 2 cups of tea and finishing the ceremony proper; "you have talked with monks in the mountains I presume? Have they ever talked about how one figures out what their destiny will be?"
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Shinjo Ryoko

Post by Shinjo Ryoko » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:40 pm

Finding absolutely no trace of her designated conversation partner throughout the premises, Ryoko decided to give up and just hit whatever garden was nearby to do something productive, i.e. phase out.
Ki-Rin Clan 空 Mystic 空 Enlightened Plus 空 Traveller 空 Incomprehensible 空 Scion 空 Daddy's Daughter

Shourido the Cat

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:48 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 pm

"I would guess that most of our resources are more or less the same, since we have the mountains around us both, and the Empire to our south." The crab woman took some sweets from the table, a small one that would not interrupt her dialogue for long, and took a small bite before continuing. "Personally I have much to learn from the Bat, since our home does not have a formal shugenja school yet, and we tend to be mostly self-taught. That is why most of my knowledge is more magical and less theological. In another more regional sense I would guess that we could share mostly knowledge and create routes between our lands to ensure trade and safe ways through the mountains. Of course the Crab could also be a helping hand in maintaining the northern barbarians away."
"That is true. My sister Agasha can teach those with a gift in the elements. My mother or I can advise anyone who might have other gifts." She nodded as she took another sip. "Clearing some passes would definitely benefit all of us. We can assist with building some fortifications, if needed."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 pm
"Yes..." Hikaru said, his forehead creasing. "And the Kami married mortals. And had children with them." His lips remained pursed for several seconds, but he did not elaborate on the thought.

"I see." Hikaru's eyes dipped to his cup as he drank the last of it. "Well, as Makime-sama is no doubt aware, there are many blends, Crane and otherwise. I trust that she will find a favorite sooner or later."

A moment, and he looked back at her. "Would you like to try another pot, perhaps?"
Ayano smiled warmly, "If Doji-san is willing then I am as well. There are six more virtues left."

/FTT?
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:50 pm

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:20 pm

After pouring 2 cups of tea and finishing the ceremony proper; "you have talked with monks in the mountains I presume? Have they ever talked about how one figures out what their destiny will be?"
'' Actually i have not.'' He replied after observing the proper procedures for the tea ceremony. '' Although there are many that have their own interpretations of how that would be.'' He adds.

'' Have, in your delvings into the void, commune directly with it and tried to see past the veil?'' Yatsufusa asked if she had use communion with the void directly. '' That could be a way, in my opinion, but understanding the complexities of looking the past, present, future, what will or will not be, it is difficult to do so.''
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:12 pm
"Defense. Hmm. I would love to see a demonstration." Kinsen smiles and finishes her tea. "At your behest."
Sasori clapped. `Excellent sama. Just let me know when you will be available for such demonstration." She nodded.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:05 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 am
Sasori clapped. `Excellent sama. Just let me know when you will be available for such demonstration." She nodded.
Kinsen let’s a laugh out and claps in the same fashion, “Alright, then. I’ll let you know, Bayushi-san. It has been an honor to meet you.”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 am

Miyako Masato wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:01 am
"Well, I don't really stand at the stalls vendoring goods, if that's what you're asking. My responsibilities lie with tasks such as negotiating agreements, identifying what sorts of goods are needed by the locals, and discovering what is becoming popular and why. But if the Crab are in need of trade, I would be happy to arrange something." He looks around at the setting, unsure about discussing trade deals in such a busy and public setting. "We can continue this talk of trade, if you'd like, or perhaps at a later time with less people around."
Chizu nodded. "Perhaps another time, then," she agreed. "Shall we talk of something else then? I think the Crane's intent was that we should get to know each other. Could you tell me about yourself, Miyako-san?"
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:30 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:29 pm

''Mostly cows and yaks. We have some goats but that herd is fairly small. We also produce all sorts of dairy products on site...cheese, butter and so on''
"I admit, I have not seen many drink it, but cheese is quite popular. I know of a way to make a soft cheese, but is there any way, besides allowing it to age and harden, to make a hardier blend, one that would travel well? As mentioned, I travel a lot, and after the first few days, maybe week, cheese tends to be, well, very bad."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:30 am

"I admit, I have not seen many drink it, but cheese is quite popular. I know of a way to make a soft cheese, but is there any way, besides allowing it to age and harden, to make a hardier blend, one that would travel well? As mentioned, I travel a lot, and after the first few days, maybe week, cheese tends to be, well, very bad."
Zhe smiles at that

''Yes, actually there are. Many people from across the lands have accepted refuge in Wu borders and some of them had ways to make hard cheese. We learned from them and are producing our own.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:05 am
Kinsen let’s a laugh out and claps in the same fashion, “Alright, then. I’ll let you know, Bayushi-san. It has been an honor to meet you.”
"The honor has been mine." She gave the lady a bow. "Take care of yourself now."

/EoC?
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:49 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:20 pm

"A job that can be done by anyone still has to be done by someone." Kogi's narrow hands carry on with the very familiar set of tasks before her, measuring the powdered tea with the casual precision of a pharmacist. "Not everything needed is glorious, and not everything glorious is needful."

"Stripping those tasks down so far, you've described quite a lot of my duty as well, truthfully."
He accepted the tea with a grateful smile, and nodded appreciation at the result after taking a sip.

Setting it down gently, careful not to spill any, he answered, "That is true, perhaps. It is easy to forget that there are those who do not wish to do what is needed - either through pride or a feeling that they are too good for it, or seeking personal gain." Offering a small shrug, he quirked his head, and added, "What do you think then, as a historian, I should do for those who do what is needed? How do you suppose I make history aware of them - when what they do is not individually noteworthy?"
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:50 pm
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:20 pm

'' Actually i have not.'' He replied after observing the proper procedures for the tea ceremony. '' Although there are many that have their own interpretations of how that would be.'' He adds.

'' Have, in your delvings into the void, commune directly with it and tried to see past the veil?'' Yatsufusa asked if she had use communion with the void directly. '' That could be a way, in my opinion, but understanding the complexities of looking the past, present, future, what will or will not be, it is difficult to do so.''
"I must correct a misunderstanding. I do not directly interact with the void like a shugenja would the elements, but I learned a thing or two from a monk of the Order of Heroes. This allows me to better connect with the world and they hoped it would assist me in fulfilling my destiny when it is time."
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:00 pm

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:59 pm

"I must correct a misunderstanding. I do not directly interact with the void like a shugenja would the elements, but I learned a thing or two from a monk of the Order of Heroes. This allows me to better connect with the world and they hoped it would assist me in fulfilling my destiny when it is time."
'' Oh, i see. Forgive me for my misinterpretation.'' He offer his apologies for not understanding correctly. Then he wondered. '' I have heard about strange powers that monks and wise sages can achieve through searching for their inner power. I must admit that i do not understand how they are achieved.'' He adds.

'' Although, i barely understand myself so...'' He chuckled.

'' Are these ways capable of being learned by those not directly tied to the order i would assume then?'' He asked.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:05 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:34 pm
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:05 am
"The honor has been mine." She gave the lady a bow. "Take care of yourself now."

/EoC?
/Scene! TY

TN to be recognized is 0

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:42 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Zhe smiles at that

''Yes, actually there are. Many people from across the lands have accepted refuge in Wu borders and some of them had ways to make hard cheese. We learned from them and are producing our own.''
Kyosei nods at this. "Perhaps my trips should include a quick visit to Dragon lands from now on. Not only would it be a useful item for my own travels, but one that could be used for traveling. What is the best way to keep them good longer? Wrap them in damp cloths, and keep them in the dark most of the time?"