Breaking the Ice (D2, LM, Player Event)

Bayushi Sasori

Re: Breaking the Ice (D2, LM, Player Event)

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 am
"I have no knowledge of the spirits or their realms, and a Dragon did talk me with me about that... or something related. Have you ever heard about the ancient shapeshifters that took the form of lions and other great cats?" She asks, analyzing Sasori's movements.
Sasori placed her fan on her lower lip thinking and trying to remember the stories her mother and father told her. A lantern was lit in her mind. She moved her fan to her lap and smile. "Yes, there are stories about them and how they rule... or are they...ummm... I mean no offense sama..." She started to get a bit puzzled and tilted her head. "Anoo... Ah..." She found herself again. "There were link with a force... that unite things...or was it that separate things." Sasori laughed. "Some call it the void element. Father told me that this big cat shifters were a mix of fire, earth, water and air and had the force to keep them together."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:46 am

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 am

The samurai-ko asked the servant to continue pouring tea for both of them as the music continued in the room. "My day has been good, thank you Ryoshun Rei-sama. I took the time to go for a bath at the springs since the gate doors were closed. How has your day gone? Will you be attending the ball later today?"
"I intend to." she nodded. "It is nice to have such distractions. Winter can be a long difficult season. But, I think this one will be interesting."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:21 am
Sasori placed her fan on her lower lip thinking and trying to remember the stories her mother and father told her. A lantern was lit in her mind. She moved her fan to her lap and smile. "Yes, there are stories about them and how they rule... or are they...ummm... I mean no offense sama..." She started to get a bit puzzled and tilted her head. "Anoo... Ah..." She found herself again. "There were link with a force... that unite things...or was it that separate things." Sasori laughed. "Some call it the void element. Father told me that this big cat shifters were a mix of fire, earth, water and air and had the force to keep them together."
"So... ka!" She says, paying all the attention in the world to Sasori and her story, "The force to keep elements together, then. The void. Is that what they rule?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:48 am

''Indeed I am.'' he gave the man a bow ''Yes, let's''
Kyosei takes the one seat, and watches the other man settle into a chair. "So, what brings you to the Capitol? Just the wedding or any other reasons?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:09 pm

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm
Kyosei takes the one seat, and watches the other man settle into a chair. "So, what brings you to the Capitol? Just the wedding or any other reasons?"
''The wedding is an interesting opportunity for sure, it is rare one sees so many different people all at once since travel is not something done often. You live here I suppose?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 am
Yesterday, Yatsu had went to the Camellia House to relax and to discover how the people of the plains differ from the mountain life of his people. Today the owner of the tea house was organizing an event, and of course the young dragon had to go there, in order to be social with other clans and peoples.

The Saru appeared, slowly walking, helping himself with his walking stick.
"Hello Saru-san. It is nice to meet you. I am Akodo Moshi." She bows before moving to set up the tea herself.
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm

"So... ka!" She says, paying all the attention in the world to Sasori and her story, "The force to keep elements together, then. The void. Is that what they rule?"
"I think so sama. But I am not an expert on the subject, father was." Sasori sighed. "I wanted to learn more from him." The girl lowered her head sadden. "I guess that is why Bayushi no Kami has told me his whereabouts" She whispers to her fan. [i}Sasori...come on you are in front of the illustrious wife of Hantei no Kami.... you should be happy.[/i] She gave herself a mental double slap in the face with each hand. Yosh... and smile appeared on her face. "If you wish I could delve more since I am studying such things."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:44 pm
-snip-
Kinsen shakes her head, "I would never impose such a task to the subject of another lord. Far from me. Although, if Bayushi-san happens to get more information, I would gladly return the courtesy."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm

"Hello Saru-san. It is nice to meet you. I am Akodo Moshi." She bows before moving to set up the tea herself.
'' It is an honor, Akodo Moshi-san...'' The dragon bows to the Lion. '' This one name is Saru Yatsufusa, a priest of the kami.'' He presented himself more formally and then approached to sat in order to enjoy the tea.

'' Tea indeed brings people together, it was rather appropiate from our fellow honored members of the Crane clan to set this small social event, don't you think?'' He asked politelly.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:30 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:30 am
"Oh, yes. Consider anything people eat or drink... when you think about it, what can't a person poison themselves with, in excess? Even water, by drowning." A soft laugh puffs out the light fabric over her nose and chin as she pours hot water into the tea bowls to warm them.

"I'm acquainted, at least. A clever physician doesn't boast. But I know some things."
"Of course, though it is still a most valuable talent."

Masanori nodded, expression somber. If there was a nefarious application of such skills, he didn't seem to have thought of them.

Watching the process of tea making, he settled back on his heels. "There are days I wonder if my work could not be done by just anyone - I carry messages from place to place, and write down what I hear. Hardly the most difficult of tasks, none could fail it if they simply determined to do it honestly."
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:20 pm
Akodo Moshi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm

'' It is an honor, Akodo Moshi-san...'' The dragon bows to the Lion. '' This one name is Saru Yatsufusa, a priest of the kami.'' He presented himself more formally and then approached to sat in order to enjoy the tea.

'' Tea indeed brings people together, it was rather appropiate from our fellow honored members of the Crane clan to set this small social event, don't you think?'' He asked politelly.
"Indeed, a simple way to bring 2 strangers together in a room to have a conversation. It is nice that two priests came together today. May I ask what element you are attuned to? I happen to be one with the air."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:37 pm

"Indeed, a simple way to bring 2 strangers together in a room to have a conversation. It is nice that two priests came together today. May I ask what element you are attuned to? I happen to be one with the air."
'' Two strangers, yes. But perhaps closer than otherwise would be apparent...'' Yatsu commented. '' It so happens, i'm also attuned to the element of air, Akodo Moshi-san.'' He said to her. '' It is my most closest element, though not the only one...''

'' In my childhood, during my initial training, it was discovered that i also can touch the all encompassing void. Since then i was sent for more individual training amids the remoteness of the mountains of the dragon lands.'' Yatsufusa explained.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm

"Interesting, I too have learned methods of the void. However, I learned from the monks of the Order of Heroes; they told my father that I have some sort of destiny. None of those present knew exactly what that was, but they pointed him to the town where the Kami fell. I haven't seen him since, sadly."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:20 pm

Ongaku Masanori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:30 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:30 am
"Oh, yes. Consider anything people eat or drink... when you think about it, what can't a person poison themselves with, in excess? Even water, by drowning." A soft laugh puffs out the light fabric over her nose and chin as she pours hot water into the tea bowls to warm them.

"I'm acquainted, at least. A clever physician doesn't boast. But I know some things."
"Of course, though it is still a most valuable talent."

Masanori nodded, expression somber. If there was a nefarious application of such skills, he didn't seem to have thought of them.

Watching the process of tea making, he settled back on his heels. "There are days I wonder if my work could not be done by just anyone - I carry messages from place to place, and write down what I hear. Hardly the most difficult of tasks, none could fail it if they simply determined to do it honestly."
"A job that can be done by anyone still has to be done by someone." Kogi's narrow hands carry on with the very familiar set of tasks before her, measuring the powdered tea with the casual precision of a pharmacist. "Not everything needed is glorious, and not everything glorious is needful."

"Stripping those tasks down so far, you've described quite a lot of my duty as well, truthfully."

--

D2 LM--fluff Tea Ceremony (TN15): 4d10o10k3 24
I guess we each can recover Void, though personally I don't need it! Mostly just wanted to have a random result to RP from.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:52 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:46 am
"I intend to." she nodded. "It is nice to have such distractions. Winter can be a long difficult season. But, I think this one will be interesting."
"We are neighbors and yet I have little knowledge about the Bat clan, Ryoshun Rei-sama. I am curious to know, if I may, how your clan has been doing." The samurai-ko was very curious. She had not seen any of the Bat clan samurai before since she had mostly been in the lands of her clan helping construct from zero, and starting after the rest of clans.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm
"Interesting, I too have learned methods of the void. However, I learned from the monks of the Order of Heroes; they told my father that I have some sort of destiny. None of those present knew exactly what that was, but they pointed him to the town where the Kami fell. I haven't seen him since, sadly."

'' Fascinating how destiny plays out.'' He commented after hearing that the Lion also could feel the void. '' Seppun Hill? Well, then perhaps one day you should visit it and see what path lies for you, Akodo Moshi-san.'' Yatsu added.

'' Many ways lie before one's destiny, many different path, all leading to the final destination, but without understanding of the why, nobody can pierce beyond the veil that is destiny. One day i hope, you would understand what is that your destiny is leading to.'' He adds.

'' Also, i'm sorry to hear about your father.'' Yatsu said politely. '' I too have not seen them for a while, but i still get in touch with them. Though eliminating past connections was a lesson that my sensei taught me, it is rather difficult to shake off such links.''

Background

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:55 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:52 pm
"We are neighbors and yet I have little knowledge about the Bat clan, Ryoshun Rei-sama. I am curious to know, if I may, how your clan has been doing." The samurai-ko was very curious. She had not seen any of the Bat clan samurai before since she had mostly been in the lands of her clan helping construct from zero, and starting after the rest of clans.
"We are smaller than the other clans, but that has been helpful, in a way." she responded. "The Emperor blessed us with enough land around Shinden Ryoshun to be self sufficient. Resources may become a greater issue as we grow, but in our current state we are able to develop what we have to its full potential. My sister Agasha has been instrumental in that, as have those following my father's teachings."

"I would like to learn more about the Crab." she added. "I feel certain that there are ways we can assist one another."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:34 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:09 pm
Kinsen shakes her head, "I would never impose such a task to the subject of another lord. Far from me. Although, if Bayushi-san happens to get more information, I would gladly return the courtesy."
"It will not be any imposition, in fact, it would broaden my scopes of study Hantei sama. Maybe that is what Bayushi no Kami want me to do learn about beings that are not from this realm." She nodded. "I am honored to share such things.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:38 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:34 pm
"It will not be any imposition, in fact, it would broaden my scopes of study Hantei sama. Maybe that is what Bayushi no Kami want me to do learn about beings that are not from this realm." She nodded. "I am honored to share such things.
“Well then. If that is the case, Bayushi-san will be most welcome in our household.” Kinsen says with a smile. “It would indeed be a great interest for me and my children to understand more about their ancestors from this land.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:17 am
Hikaru's eyebrows went up. "A fine idea, Makime-sama. That is a work I should like to see."

He spread his hands. "I brought the topic up, but as it was Lord Akodo who first put to paper the laws of Bushido that we, as followers of the Kami, seek to follow, I feel I should leave the decision to you." He inclined his head. "Is there a virtue that we should focus on? Or should they all be given equal weight? I know that Clans already seem to be interpreting them based on the beliefs of the Kami they follow."
"Then why not begin with the foundation...Honor." Ayano responds, "But in truth all have equal bearing in the eyes of Lord Akodo, however for us mortals we must focus on one at a time to really understand them. Without falling into the trap of holding one above the rest."

"So...Honor then." She smiles, "The personal standard by which one my measure themselves. A harsh taskmaster at times, but one that pushes a person to be ever better."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted