Breaking the Ice (D2, LM, Player Event)

Doji Tsubaki

Breaking the Ice (D2, LM, Player Event)

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:53 pm

She had hoped to be hosting this event in her own establishment but the Fortunes seemed to have other desires. Still she had worked since dawn with the kitchen staff, and drawn upon her own private supply of tencha, to ensure that both tea and food were up to her exacting standards. She had pulled her various strings within the palace to bring in a number of screens from elsewhere to provide some separation and privacy for the various pairings.

A wide selection of teas, small foods, and sweets are available for those who wish them, all prepared to Crane standards, and with servers attentive and ready to bring them as soon as they are flagged down.

Tsubaki herself circulates now and then to ensure that all guests are having an enjoyable, and hopefully memorable, experience.
Last edited by Doji Tsubaki on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Doji Hikaru

Re: Breaking the Ice (D2, LM, Player Event)

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:38 pm

Hikaru had a quest, but he also had a duty to the Crane. Sometimes this required drawing his sword. Sometimes this meant putting on his best kimono, making sure his hair was well brushed and tied, and his face was shaved and washed. In short, that he look his best.

This was one of those times.

Impeccably turned out, Hikaru stood at casual attention, his expression politely neutral, as he waited for his icebreaker match. Although he also made sure to give a bow to the hostess, low and respectful, for the honor she brought the Clan with her preparations. He also brushed the ice from his cloak; rather a lot for even such a short walk.
Last edited by Doji Hikaru on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 pm

As a relative whelp in the grander order of things in the Emperor's courts, any help with talking to others in a regimented way would be of great help.
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:53 pm

Eager to meet someone new, Kyosei showed up, hair still a little wet from the hot springs, then the snow still coming down. He gave a quick bow, then looked for where he was supposed to sit.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm

Sagara was guided to one of the most separate rooms. She was early so she would be awaiting her pairing one, Ryoshun Rei. The samurai-ko awaited standing the room, fixing her humble kimono, making sure that it was straightened out and that nothing was out of place. The soft music from the musician floated in the air eclipsing the strong wind outside that fought against the structure of the building. The crab woman looked over the pieces of food available, but held herself until the other guest appeared.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:16 pm

Welcomed in such a special way, Kinsen cannot hide the grin stamped on her face. She reads the name of the person she has been matched with and raises an eyebrow out of curiosity. With a thankful bow to Tsubaki, she heads over to the designated area with one thought in her head:

Who was this Scorpion, after all?
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:26 pm

Kuu arrives at the meeting and greets the host with a smile and a bow. After a few quick pleasantries he is told with whom he would be meeting and pointed in the right direction.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:31 pm

Misaki was here, keeping warm and meeting for a Lion she had not met before. But, after all, was that not the point of such an event as this?
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:14 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:38 pm
Hikaru had a quest, but he also had a duty to the Crane. Sometimes this required drawing his sword. Sometimes this meant putting on his best kimono, making sure his hair was well brushed and tied, and his face was shaved and washed. In short, that he look his best.

This was one of those times.

Impeccably turned out, Hikaru stood at casual attention, his expression politely neutral, as he waited for his icebreaker match. Although he also made sure to give a bow to the hostess, low and respectful, for the honor she brought the Clan with her preparations. He also brushed the ice from his cloak; rather a lot for even such a short walk.
Ayano arrived at the Crane event and checked the pairings, she couldn't help but smirk at the list. Well the Lioness assumed it was a good sign if they need to seek allies....

After a short talk with one of the servers, she arrived at her partner for the night. The Makime was well dressed in her silken kimono, the perks of being in a family that still took interest in its production.

"Excuse me...Doji Hikaru-san I believe." She smiled warmly, "Ayano of the Makime, Envoy from the Lion. An honor to make your acquaintance."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:17 pm

Satsuki sighed, resigned to her fate of being social for the time being with uninteresting people. Well, ok, he was her cousin, unless there was another Hantei Genji, so maybe he wasn't that uninteresting.

The Dragon princess was dressed nicely again, though in this time something made by the Saru. A lighter garb in pale yellow and white that allowed for more freedom of movement, as well as showing off more skin so that the crane tattooed on her collarbone was visible, and the laced-up sleeves showed some of the dragon tattoo on her arm.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:29 pm

Masanori arrived, settling into the private corner he was assigned. He wore one of his best tunics, paired with bloused trousers, carrying a scroll satchel under one arm in case anything needed recording.

For now, he observed the others arriving, taking note of who was here and how they carried themselves.
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:14 pm
Ayano arrived at the Crane event and checked the pairings, she couldn't help but smirk at the list. Well the Lioness assumed it was a good sign if they need to seek allies....

After a short talk with one of the servers, she arrived at her partner for the night. The Makime was well dressed in her silken kimono, the perks of being in a family that still took interest in its production.

"Excuse me...Doji Hikaru-san I believe." She smiled warmly, "Ayano of the Makime, Envoy from the Lion. An honor to make your acquaintance."
Hikaru's look of polite interest grew a little more interested; almost a smile, but not quite. "I am." He said, bowing. "Well met, Makime-sama. And I am likewise honored to make yours." His kimono was silk as well, although not quite so fine; Ayano might recognize the blend.

He gestured to a nearby seating area, curtains giving it the illusion of mild privacy, but not so much as to imply the least impropriety. "Please, if you will be seated, allow me to bring us some tea to share. I can select something suitable... unless you already have a preference?" He asked, eyebrows going up. They were Crane teas, but one never knew what another had experienced.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:09 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Hikaru's look of polite interest grew a little more interested; almost a smile, but not quite. "I am." He said, bowing. "Well met, Makime-sama. And I am likewise honored to make yours." His kimono was silk as well, although not quite so fine; Ayano might recognize the blend.

He gestured to a nearby seating area, curtains giving it the illusion of mild privacy, but not so much as to imply the least impropriety. "Please, if you will be seated, allow me to bring us some tea to share. I can select something suitable... unless you already have a preference?" He asked, eyebrows going up. They were Crane teas, but one never knew what another had experienced.
Ayano fought back the urge to appraise the silk, she did take note of the cut and style...the Crane were already setting the standard of fashion. Well the Crane and the Imperial Consort, but that was probably a wound not worthy of opening.

"Thank you Doji-san," The Lioness took the offered seat, "Forgive my ignorance with these particular blends. I will leave my fate in your hands when it comes to tea choice." She studied him silently, already wondering if he was the sort to choose what he preferred or what he might think she preferred. A lot of useful information might come from this choice.

So the Brave Warrior of the Crane now found himself watched by a pair of very perceptive green eyes resting above a pleasant smile.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:43 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:16 pm
Welcomed in such a special way, Kinsen cannot hide the grin stamped on her face. She reads the name of the person she has been matched with and raises an eyebrow out of curiosity. With a thankful bow to Tsubaki, she heads over to the designated area with one thought in her head:

Who was this Scorpion, after all?
Sasori made her way in and blinks a few times as the name was revealed. Yosh... I hope I leave a good impression "Good morning Hantei sama." She gave the woman a low bow. This one is Bayushi Sasori. It seems we have been paired." The young lass straighten.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:45 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:43 am
Sasori made her way in and blinks a few times as the name was revealed. Yosh... I hope I leave a good impression "Good morning Hantei sama." She gave the woman a low bow. This one is Bayushi Sasori. It seems we have been paired." The young lass straighten.
Kinsen's lip curl up nearby the left corner as she sees the young maiden bowing properly and with good humor. She replies with a bow, "Good morning, Bayushi-san. I hope you have had your rice this morning. May I treat you with some sweets from the lands in the south and pour some tea?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:46 am

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm
Sagara was guided to one of the most separate rooms. She was early so she would be awaiting her pairing one, Ryoshun Rei. The samurai-ko awaited standing the room, fixing her humble kimono, making sure that it was straightened out and that nothing was out of place. The soft music from the musician floated in the air eclipsing the strong wind outside that fought against the structure of the building. The crab woman looked over the pieces of food available, but held herself until the other guest appeared.
Rei arrived later than she would have liked. A certain piglet had demanded more attention from her. She dipped her head apologetically as she approached the Crab.

"Good morning, Anjing-san. I am sorry for keeping you waiting."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 am

Yesterday, Yatsu had went to the Camellia House to relax and to discover how the people of the plains differ from the mountain life of his people. Today the owner of the tea house was organizing an event, and of course the young dragon had to go there, in order to be social with other clans and peoples.

The Saru appeared, slowly walking, helping himself with his walking stick.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:45 am
Kinsen's lip curl up nearby the left corner as she sees the young maiden bowing properly and with good humor. She replies with a bow, "Good morning, Bayushi-san. I hope you have had your rice this morning. May I treat you with some sweets from the lands in the south and pour some tea?"
A nod from Sasori and a smile can be seen. "This one has been blessed." She helped by holding the cups. "I am honored Hantei sama." she gave a small bow. "I hope you enjoyed the party last evening."
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:09 am
Ayano fought back the urge to appraise the silk, she did take note of the cut and style...the Crane were already setting the standard of fashion. Well the Crane and the Imperial Consort, but that was probably a wound not worthy of opening.

"Thank you Doji-san," The Lioness took the offered seat, "Forgive my ignorance with these particular blends. I will leave my fate in your hands when it comes to tea choice." She studied him silently, already wondering if he was the sort to choose what he preferred or what he might think she preferred. A lot of useful information might come from this choice.

So the Brave Warrior of the Crane now found himself watched by a pair of very perceptive green eyes resting above a pleasant smile.
Hikaru looked back, meeting that gaze with the barest hint of a smile of his own... and then turned his attention to the tea. His expression was thoughtful indeed as he examined the pots; clearly he was taking this very seriously indeed.

It was perhaps a minute later that he returned, carrying a pot, a gentle waft of steam still rising from its spout. "This blend is Tsuru." He said, lifting the lid; more steam rose, and the scent of a moderate green tea. "It is a balanced tea, enjoyable for those trying it for the first time, yet rewarding for those who have had a thousand cups."

He inhaled a bit of the steam, and then knelt, putting the pot at the edge of the low table. "Another minute, I think." He looked across at Ayano. "If there were a tea that best fit the Crane, I would say it was this one." Another almost smile. "I suppose you shall be the judge of that soon enough."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:04 am

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 am
A nod from Sasori and a smile can be seen. "This one has been blessed." She helped by holding the cups. "I am honored Hantei sama." she gave a small bow. "I hope you enjoyed the party last evening."
"I did enjoy it very much. A fruitful evening to many accounts." Kinsen says while settings the utensils for the tea ceremony for inspection and politely waving for Sasori to help her into proceeding with the ceremony. "What part did Bayushi-san find it enjoyable?"

--
D2, LM, Breaking the Ice TN 15: 4d10o10k3 20
Sasori and Kinsen may recover 1 VP

TN to be recognized is 0