[D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Hisomu Susumu

Re: [D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 am
Team Tea was on the board.

Dojihime fanned herself in triumph.
"That was an impassioned speech Doji-sama. I believe that you have outdone even my own best efforts on behalf of Tea." Susumu had seen a slightly greater reaction from the crowd to the Doji's attempts to sway them. Ever so slight, but still discernable to a courtier's eye
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:53 pm

"I merely spoke with Honor and Sincerity, but it is humbling to be recognized by so handsome a figure," she responded warmly.

"Please join me, Hisomu-san, if it pleases you," she offered.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:23 pm

"You are too kind Dojihime-sama. It would indeed please me." Susumu sits next to the Crane princess. "So, what shall we drink to?"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:23 pm
"You are too kind Dojihime-sama. It would indeed please me." Susumu sits next to the Crane princess. "So, what shall we drink to?"
Dojihime mulled over the request and then said, “To new friends, one can never have too many friends and new friends bring delicious new opportunities. I am sure Hisomu-san has a suitable blend for the occasion.”

Her fan fluttered lightly in front of her lips as she added, “I am sure you will rise to he occasion.”
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:01 am
"Among the Crane when one is doing their role to perfection it seems effortless," she responded.

"My sister is not burdened any more than I am, her husband executes his role with precision just as she. It is a credit to the clan that it may be perceived as doing nothing at all, when it is anything but. But we speculate on trivial matters. No offense was given or taken between family. Though it does seem an age since we last had a Dragon grace our halls."
She nodded, glad that Dojihime understood that this was facts and not insults.

The working minds of the Crane were a mystery to her.

"This is my first time outside the Dragon lands," was her only remark to the lack of Dragon-visitors to Crane lands, but she was perfectly happy to sit back now and let her cousin converse with the Spiderman.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 pm
"This is my first time outside the Dragon lands," was her only remark to the lack of Dragon-visitors to Crane lands, but she was perfectly happy to sit back now and let her cousin converse with the Spiderman.
"Have you met my dear and beautiful cousin, Hisomu-san? She is one of the most prized maidens of the Dragon, she emulates the stark beauty of the provinces they call home," she offered playfully.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Dojihime mulled over the request and then said, “To new friends, one can never have too many friends and new friends bring delicious new opportunities. I am sure Hisomu-san has a suitable blend for the occasion.”

Her fan fluttered lightly in front of her lips as she added, “I am sure you will rise to he occasion.”
"Well, if we are speaking of tea itself, I fear that I am nowhere near the brewer trained by Lady Doji. I would more likely poison myself." Susumu offers a demure self-deprecating chuckle

Or I would have taken one of Machiko's blends without asking

"But in terms of mixing of opportunities and new friends, I rarely pass up the chance to, as you put it, "rise to the occasion""

He bows to Satsuki as she is introduced. "I rest my case. Had I not been a good sport about coming up short, I would not have been introduced to your cousin. It is a pleasure to meet you Togashi-san. I have had the fortune to meet members of the Wu family, and I have been impressed by their spirit and mindfulness."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:05 am
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Despite her impassioned speech, Ayano felt frustrated. Then it hit her...a particular rare blend that would have done much to sway the audience. It had been right there at edge of her mind. With a sigh, she moved to take a seat and watch the rest of the debate.
"Makime-sama, thank you for leading off the charge. Not everyone is brave enough to stand on the front line and risk the foe's first volley." A cheerful Kogi (at least, the limited amount of Kogi that can be seen appears in good spirits) appears at Ayano's side.
Gusai, coming over, had been about to approach Ayano. After the day's courtly proceedings, he had ideas to discuss with her. But, since another has approached already, he waits--though he waits where he can be seen.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:38 pm
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm

"Well, if we are speaking of tea itself, I fear that I am nowhere near the brewer trained by Lady Doji. I would more likely poison myself." Susumu offers a demure self-deprecating chuckle

Or I would have taken one of Machiko's blends without asking

"But in terms of mixing of opportunities and new friends, I rarely pass up the chance to, as you put it, "rise to the occasion""

He bows to Satsuki as she is introduced. "I rest my case. Had I not been a good sport about coming up short, I would not have been introduced to your cousin. It is a pleasure to meet you Togashi-san. I have had the fortune to meet members of the Wu family, and I have been impressed by their spirit and mindfulness."
"A pleasure, Hisomu-san," she bowed as well. Damnit, these Crane keep dragging me in! Oh well, he's Hisomu so he must be as interesting as Ayeka, or Matsu, or maybe even nearly as cool as uncle Hisomu!

"The Wu are very skilled and talented. I'm happy to travel in the company of Wu Zhe and Wu Ko both." Satsuki sincerely spoke of her companions. "Are you per chance a warrior like Matsu-san and Ayeka-san, or are you a shugenja like uncle Hisomu? Or a scholar? I've heard that the Spider have many knowledgeable scholars."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Genji sat with a happy smile, nursing his cup of shochu, in case anyone wanted to join him.

[PM plz]
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 pm

"A pleasure, Hisomu-san," she bowed as well. Damnit, these Crane keep dragging me in! Oh well, he's Hisomu so he must be as interesting as Ayeka, or Matsu, or maybe even nearly as cool as uncle Hisomu!

"The Wu are very skilled and talented. I'm happy to travel in the company of Wu Zhe and Wu Ko both." Satsuki sincerely spoke of her companions. "Are you per chance a warrior like Matsu-san and Ayeka-san, or are you a shugenja like uncle Hisomu? Or a scholar? I've heard that the Spider have many knowledgeable scholars."
Susumu offers a small chuckle and offers a plaintive look. "I am afraid that I turned out to be something of an oddity. Fortunately, the first members to join the Spider were also oddities, so it would appear to that I would be in good company."

Sensing possible confusion, he quickly explains. "I was raised to be a scholar by my parents, but as a child I found that I could not concentrate amidst piles of scrolls all day, so I was sent to Hisomu Matsu for instruction to work out that extra energy. Things have taken a bit of a turn though: members of the Court began to request documentation for when presenting to Hisomu-sama. My parents found that sending me to deal with the requests was easier than satisfying those requests themselves, so I have found myself as a rather strange representative for the Spider archives. So, no to the middle, and a "yes but" to the first and the last."

Susumu leans in, dropping his voice. "Between you and me, Otou-sama spoke of Court as a less palatable option to the Shadowlands, so I think they were glad to see me off"

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:25 pm

"Shadowlands? What do you mean?" she asked curiously.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Satsuki laughed warmly. "Yeah, yeah... your father speaks wisely on that." At least from her experience here so far, she'd rather go off to the south on a dangerous quest.

"The southern lands, cousin, where uncle Hisomu was rescued. Some have called those lands the Shadowlands."
Theme | Profile

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:28 pm

"I see, is that not beyond the realm of the Nezumi?" she offered.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 pm
Genji sat with a happy smile, nursing his cup of shochu, in case anyone wanted to join him.

[PM plz]
Having spoken just after her, the Stag prince had caught Kawauso's attention as she looked grumpily at Team Tea. She smiled at his easygoing style.

Moving over to sit beside him, giving sort of a half-bow as she sat unceremoniously, the tall Lion woman said, "Your remarks were well said, Hantei-sama. I am not sure this audience is worthy of your wisdom," she added with a grumpy smile.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:37 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 pm
-snip-
-snip-
Kinsen's eyes are instantly attracted to the pairing with considerable interest. Yet, she manages not to stare for so long as to make it awkward. Well... more awkward.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:39 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 pm
Having spoken just after her, the Stag prince had caught Kawauso's attention as she looked grumpily at Team Tea. She smiled at his easygoing style.

Moving over to sit beside him, giving sort of a half-bow as she sat unceremoniously, the tall Lion woman said, "Your remarks were well said, Hantei-sama. I am not sure this audience is worthy of your wisdom," she added with a grumpy smile.
[/quote]

"Bah! Let them have tea!" He waved towards the unhappy assortment of tea drinkers. "Besides, when one is right and true, the people around them will take notice, sooner or later. We must act with our true intentions, and ignore the chaos around us." He raised his cup towards her. "That is what my dear father said to me once, at least. Probably not speaking of tea versus sake though."

He drank some more of the sake in his. "How have you been so far Akodo-san?"

Genji's many years of being reared by Kinsen meant that he was both aware of her eyes boring at him and adept at ignoring it.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:05 am
"Makime-sama, thank you for leading off the charge. Not everyone is brave enough to stand on the front line and risk the foe's first volley." A cheerful Kogi (at least, the limited amount of Kogi that can be seen appears in good spirits) appears at Ayano's side.
Ayano smiles at that, "I was moved to passion by the debate, I only wish my memory had not failed me and I had been able to provide good example blend."

She nods to the rest of the debaters, "Seems that tea has more and more persuasive followers at present." The Lioness resists the urge to glance at the clearly inebriated Genji. "Though....the other side has a passionate adherents to it seems."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Sasori was somewhere around just watching the people get drunk. She seem has mastered the skill of standing still and not being noticed. She kept close attention those who are a bit tipsy.

//D4 LA Stealth hidden from the crowd just watching people: 7d10o10k3 52
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:57 pm

"Indeed, so they say. A land of corruption, twisting beasts we know and spawning creatures of its own. Or so say the accounts taken by those who joined the rescue of Hisomu-sama" Susumu nods his head

"But my services to the Court secured my visit here." The Spider offers a sly smile. "To limit any misunderstandings that our members might cause"