(D9EM) Artistic Diversions

Doji Hikaru

(D9EM) Artistic Diversions

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:30 pm

The predictions were right. The weather was changing. Soon, everyone would return home again.

Lady Doji...

Hikaru had stepped out into the garden, the better to view the sky. To see the melting snow. He frowned, considering it, and the future.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Re: (D9EM) Artistic Diversions

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:59 pm

He was not alone, seated in the midst of the garden was a familiar Lioness. Ayano's green eyes were fixed off into the distance. Her expression was a mixture of sadness and anger. Betrayal and melancholy.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:01 am

Hikaru looked at her for a long, long moment, frowning gently, considering. Finally, his lips shifted, just a little, and he made his way over.

"Good morning, Makime-sama." He bowed to her. "May I assist you?" His voice was gentle.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:00 pm

Ayano's eyes go wide for a second as she recognizes a Crane...for but a moment as she realizes which one. "Doji-san." She dipped into a return bow from her seated position.

"I was just...thinking." Her eyes move about the garden, "The creature Hadananzi brought me here, showed me the joys of painting. I painted a picture of Doji Misaki here, and it was a moment of great feeling. The creature painted my own portrait, an exquisite painting and one that showed me in a light I wish was closer to reality. A confident woman free of doubts."

She frowns, "I burnt it...and now I fear that my budding love of painting is forever tainted by filth."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Hikaru considered that, frowning. "I see." He said. There was a pause.

"Doji Tsubaki was some sort of demon." Hikaru grimaced; two demons in their midst. "As I understand it, her teahouse is to be destroyed, thoroughly cleansed so that something else, something pure, might take its place."

He gave her a slow nod. "But I am going to continue to drink tea. I will continue to brew tea, and serve it in the way I have been taught by the Crane." He looked at Ayano, patiently expectant.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:34 pm

"I understand...but you were not taught the art by a demon." Ayano squeezed her hands tight, "I don't know if I can take up the brush without remembering that."

"The creature Tsubaki also served me tea...I offered to speak to mother about expanding her holdings into my own lands." She sighs and looks deflated, "Perhaps the real lesson isn't the art but learning how to see those who would abuse my trust for their own ends."

"...how many more of these monsters are out there I wonder."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:40 pm

"We will find out." Hikaru said firmly. He tilted his chin up, expression resolute.

After a few moments, Hikaru looked at Ayano. "That may be." He was silent for a few moments. "Makime-sama, it seems likely that in facing this threat, our Clans may grow closer. In which case, it is likely that our paths will cross again."

He bowed. "I should be honored to show you what I know of painting. Let that be your new foundation."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:20 pm

That brought on a smile, "Thank you Doji-san...an offer I may take you up on," Her eyes shift back to the gardens, "After the winter I am going to see about getting a longer appointment to the capital. I think the road project has enough momentum to begin...and I want to be here to help push it forward for as long as I can. It's more important now then I had even imagined."

"I imagine you will continue your hunt for Lady Doji's cure and now for the evil that wormed its way into clan. So perhaps for us both the diversion will be soothing."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Hikaru nodded slowly. "A worthy goal." He gave a tiny shrug. "I will be returning to Crane lands, but I expect not for long. There is much to be done with the assistance of other Clans." He smiled, just a little. "I'd hope to visit the lands of the Dragon, as well as the Bat, and it looks like I may have the opportunity."

He took a breath. "Thanks to Togashi-sama's visions, Emperor Shiba believes we can assist Lady Doji. There is still much to be done, but..." he took another breath, smiling, "-there is hope."