Lifting spirits (D8 EN, Expecting)

Chai Kotsume

Lifting spirits (D8 EN, Expecting)

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:24 am

It had been an odd day, in many ways - even though Kotsume had been away from the strange happenings, it was all everyone talked about since she came back to the palace. And for good reason.

She considered what that meant for the for her family, her people, the river... and the Ki-rin. That she would be the one to take most of these news home was a surprise... but she was ready to do what might be needed.

Despite the absurdity of it all... this time here might have good fruits, after all? The chances of a joint effort with the Lion - and the Daikawa among the Lion - seemed almost favourable... and since she had heard from other Ki-rin and got word from home, joint effort seemed to be a large interest of the clan as a whole.

That did mean looking for others who might be willing to throw their efforts together to strengthen the whole area of the Great River might make sense...

She remembered her previous talks with the Bat princess, smiling as she remembering Ren - and the Crab lady training her. They had quite a bit in common. Maybe they could find some more in common to work with?

Or... at the very least, they might have some information to talk about. Especially with all the talk of spirits...

She whistled to the otters as they moved about in the garden, calling them a bit closer, remembering the stories about the groom - a demon, apparently! - turning into a raven, and wondering if there might be any other strange things disguised as animals or people around. She felt a shudder, but braced against it. A still-filled sake cup on her hands, she raised it to her lips and took a sip as she waited.
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Ryoshun Rei

Re: Lifting spirits (D8 EN, Expecting)

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:32 am

A small white pig responded to the whistling, running up from elsewhere in the garden.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:47 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:32 am
A small white pig responded to the whistling, running up from elsewhere in the garden.
Turning to face the hasty creature, Kotsume's worries suddenly disappear - from her face, if not her mind - and she knelt down with a smile. "Oh! Ren-san, is that you? How've you been, little one?"
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:52 am

He sat back and stared up at her for a few moments, as if thinking about something. Then, he abruptly scrambled to his feet and ran off.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:55 am

Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:52 am
He sat back and stared up at her for a few moments, as if thinking about something. Then, he abruptly scrambled to his feet and ran off.
The girl was a bit startled by the piglet scampering off like that, but soon got up and tried to see if she could find out anything that might have frightened it. With a whistle, she called the three otters close, and soon went off in the direction the piglet ran to...

"Uen, Saen... can you smell anything??"
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:01 am

It was not hard to follow his trail. Deeper in the garden, he would be found sitting in Rei's lap. She was sitting cross-legged, as if she might have been in meditation. If she had been, Hen had interrupted it for attention, which she was providing with affectionate petting.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:56 pm

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:01 am
It was not hard to follow his trail. Deeper in the garden, he would be found sitting in Rei's lap. She was sitting cross-legged, as if she might have been in meditation. If she had been, Hen had interrupted it for attention, which she was providing with affectionate petting.
As the four otters - one of them in human form - came closer and saw the piglet in the girl's lap, they slowed down, the three furred ones circling around the girl. Kotsume stepped closer slowly and silently, a smile growing on her face. "Oh. Ryoshun-sama. It's good to see you. We were... a bit wary, after all we heard about today. Did we disturb?"
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:01 pm

"Not at all." she shook her head as she reached out to pet the otters. "I can get lost in thought sometimes, but Hen got my attention. How are you this evening, Chai-san?"

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:01 pm
"Not at all." she shook her head as she reached out to pet the otters. "I can get lost in thought sometimes, but Hen got my attention. How are you this evening, Chai-san?"
"Doing well, I suppose!... especially considering the circumstances. What about you, Ryoshun-sama? I hope you've been through the... strangeness of the day without... undue trouble?"

She seems slightly worried, but there's a friendly smile on her face. Even more seeing Rei pet her dear siblings!
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:33 pm

"It was a bit trying." she admitted. "I woke up late because of the dreams and then that thing made its presence known before all of us. Dark times are coming, I'm afraid. But, we will overcome them."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:39 pm

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:33 pm
"It was a bit trying." she admitted. "I woke up late because of the dreams and then that thing made its presence known before all of us. Dark times are coming, I'm afraid. But, we will overcome them."
The Ki-rin nodded at her reassuringly. "I... I'm still not sure I understand the whole of what that... that was. But we will overcome it, that we will".

Another smile as she sees the otters playing with Ren and circling Rei for her attention. "... I was hoping to ask you, Ryoshun-sama. Have you come to something of your liking with that project?" She asks with a large smile. "And... I'm not sure I asked before - have you... Had issues with bandits? Close to the river further upstream.. or maybe elsewhere?"
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:03 am

"Not along the River of the Lost Valley, no." she shook her head. "The legends that it is haunted may deter that. Firefly River, however, has been a concern. For us to transport anything via the rivers, we would need that to be secured."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:05 pm

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:03 am
"Not along the River of the Lost Valley, no." she shook her head. "The legends that it is haunted may deter that. Firefly River, however, has been a concern. For us to transport anything via the rivers, we would need that to be secured."
She looks thoughtful for a while. "Ah... I think your folk probably uses different names for the rivers? But... you mean the river that runs down to Ki-rin lands?"

She seems thoughtful again, but soon nods. "If so... I imagined that might have been happening. We've been having the same sort of problem along our Great River, in fact..." She then shakes her head slightly, awkwardly "Ah... as you heard my sister and I say in court a couple days ago, of course! I should first of all have thanked you for your support with our petition there. It means a lot to us". She bows to the girl again, a warm smile on her lips now.

She then extends her hand slightly as if offering for Ren-kun to come closer to be petted.

"I wonder... do you think the Bat would be interested in participating in an agreement... for protection and transportation? If Tenno-heika sees our suggestion in good light... increased cooperation between all of our clans could be a very interesting thing, I believe. And Shinjo-ue has mentioned she wants closer connections with her siblings' clans..."

"Oh", she then asks, smiling at the girl again. "And... the temple project, has it progressed?"
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:22 pm

"My mother and sister named a lot of things during their travels." she smiled. Then, she frowned a bit. "With everything that's happened, I think building even just a shrine to my father here will have to be delayed. It is better to focus on strengthening our bonds to the other clans and supporting the Empire as a whole. I told my uncle today that I feel your ideas regarding the rivers could be very important in the coming days. I will support such an agreement as much as I can, but I have to assess our ability to contribute to it properly."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:34 pm

Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:22 pm
"My mother and sister named a lot of things during their travels." she smiled. Then, she frowned a bit. "With everything that's happened, I think building even just a shrine to my father here will have to be delayed. It is better to focus on strengthening our bonds to the other clans and supporting the Empire as a whole. I told my uncle today that I feel your ideas regarding the rivers could be very important in the coming days. I will support such an agreement as much as I can, but I have to assess our ability to contribute to it properly."
She nodded happily again. "I'm sorry to hear that about the temple, Ryoshun-sama... but especially with what happened, strengthening our bonds sounds like a very good thing to do. I'm very happy - and in fact surprised! - to hear of that much support. Thank you dearly for that, Ryoshun-sama!"

She then nods again. "We are still waiting on an answer from Tenno-heika as well, and seeing how we can get that moving. But we'll certainly be very happy for the Bat's support, in whatever way it is possible for your people."

Her hand still extended, she gives a soft whistle. Will she get a chance to pet Ren, after all? :D
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:47 pm

With the otters now occupying Rei's attention, Hen backed away and turned to nuzzle into Kotsume's offered hand.

"Regardless, I do hope the Bat and the Ki-Rin grow closer. You are our closest neighbor and we have shared training and resources to some extent." she said. "I hope Ryōko-chan is fairing well."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:52 am

Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:47 pm
With the otters now occupying Rei's attention, Hen backed away and turned to nuzzle into Kotsume's offered hand.

"Regardless, I do hope the Bat and the Ki-Rin grow closer. You are our closest neighbor and we have shared training and resources to some extent." she said. "I hope Ryōko-chan is fairing well."
The girl seems quite happy when Ren's head nests into her hands, and starts to rub behind its ears vigorously and merrily.

"I do hope our people's ties will grows stronger as well, Ryoshun-sama. In fact, I'm sure they will! And.. I believe working in close cooperation with our neighbours will be especially important now, with... with all that's happened."

She gave the girl a reassuring smile. " I will take the word home, for now. Maybe we'll see more shared training in the times to come!"

She then turns a good deal her attention back to the piglet, but soon answers the Bat's other question.

"Shinjo Ryouko-sama... I've seen her and spoken to her shortly not long after I arrived in the Capital! But I don't think I've seen her since? It's odd... maybe she left soon after I came. But then there was that heavy snowstorm... I wonder if she left during it?"

She then shakes her head, smiling. "Well... I'm sure she must be alright, ne? I can't claim to be close to Shinjo Ryouko-sama, but from the few times we've spoken and from what I've heard, she's always been a... special one, ne?"
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:02 am

She nodded. "That is what I have heard. I do not know her very well myself. I was hoping to spend time with her while we were here. I am sure she had her reasons for disappearing, though."