[D7 EM, open] Could Have Been An Email

Bayushi Kogi

Re: [D7 EM, open] Could Have Been An Email

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:47 am

"My Family?" Kogi echoes Kinsen's emphasis of the word. "I'm Lord Bayushi's vassal. Everyone who shares his name is my kin." She glances down briefly. "Closer kin, I have none."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:51 am

"I am sorry." Kinsen says lowering her head when she mentions no close relatives. "Bayushi-kami-sama has always been mysterious. I don't know much of what he has been promoting, if not that the tribes were indeed united at his provinces."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:36 am

"No, please, don't apologize, Hantei-sama." Kogi untucks her hands from her sleeves to make a brief dismissive gesture. "A lot of things belong in the past with the tribes. Lord Bayushi's castle town has been my home for some seven years, and... it is a good home. Every year I've seen my lord working hard to make people in his lands safer, more secure, more wise and healthy." She ducks her head slightly, acknowledging Kinsen's status again. "Since you've been at Hantei-no-Kami's side for so long, you must know what that's like even better than I do."
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Kinsen nods and, as Kogi unsheathes her hands, the Stag Queen analyzes fingernails. With a raised eyebrow of... perhaps... approval: she comments, "Un! I do know wha that is. It has been my life since I was became an honorable guest into the Seppun by the Kami. I am pleased by your thoughts and words, Bayushi-san. I feel rather more akin, now, despite the distance and uncertainty Bayushi-kami-sama usually enacts."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:16 am

Kogi's brows draw together slightly. "My lord doesn't always share his plans before they're ready to flower, but his goals are the same as Lord Hantei's. There's no need for distance between family, so, um... if my words helped clear away some uncertainty, I haven't failed in my duty today." She nods.

Kogi's narrow hands are well cared for and precisely manicured, although her fingernails are short and neat rather than elongated and dyed like Kinsen's habitual style. Delicate but strong--a surgeon's hands.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:32 pm

Kinsen does raise an eyebrow, knowing all too well that Bayushi's goals might be slightly similar –– when it comes to protecting Shiba and his Empire –– but the means are very different. Nails were clean and well taken care of, above all. That shows quite a great deal of zeal for oneself and the image they represent in the Stag Queens perception.

It might be a good start for what the future will require of them.

TN to be recognized is 0