[D7 EM, open] Could Have Been An Email

Bayushi Kogi

[D7 EM, open] Could Have Been An Email

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:49 pm

After finishing her morning kata, Kogi's route back to the palace interior takes her nearby the pavilion where the playful letters of the past few days are displayed. Without entirely planning on it, she finds herself taking the left-hand instead of the right-hand fork in the garden path--neatly swept of old snow, of course--and stepping up for a look. Would there be another poem from--?
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D7 EM, open] Could Have Been An Email

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:39 am

Perhaps it was Genji’s message they were both looking forward. What a coincidence.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:42 am

And there was--! Kogi's eyes brighten a bit as she peers at one poem.

Although, another one of the poems she'd seen first has something odd about it... and then she realizes she isn't alone.

Turning smoothly with a swish of red silk, she bows. "Lady Hantei, good morning."

--
D7 EM--Anonymous letter from Genji! Investigation 15: 5d10o10k3 24
D7 EM--Secret message Kakita letter! TN20: 5d10o10k3 38
D7 EM--Kakita letter Inv TN15: 5d10o10k3 23
D7 EM--Kakita letter Inv TN25 (VP): 6d10o10k4 29
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:46 am

Kinsen bows to Kogi, greeting back with a smile, "Good morning, Bayushi-san. I hope Lady Sun has blessed you with warmth today."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:46 am

"As much as can be in this weather," Kogi says, nodding her veiled head politely. "Kata practice does the rest, in the morning. And are you keeping in good health, Hantei-sama?"

Without looking Kinsen over directly, Kogi's deferential gaze picks up what cues a physician can, keeping in mind the news Sasori had let slip about the older woman's happy condition. At least, most people would be happy about it...
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 am

Nothing visible so far. Not at least in close inspection. Kinsen might not have noticed the analytical gaze since she looks back to the letters hanging around. She says, "As my sensei use to say, a rolling stone gathers no moss. Training early in the morning is good practice. Commendable."

Looking back to Kogi, she says, "I am feeling as if I would be twenty years younger. Thank you for the care, Bayushi-san. How are you, instead?

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:47 am

"I'm quite well, Hantei-sama," Kogi says amiably. "If one has to be stuck away from home in the winter, the capital must be the most comfortable place in the Empire for it, if not the world."

She too lets her gaze pick over the poems and letters in between moments.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:50 am

"I digress." Kiinsen says, and takes a deep breath, "I would rather be much more comfortable at my dear husband's side."

A shrug, "Duty, though, requires us to get out of our comfort zone more often than we would enjoy."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:22 am

"That is... very true." Kogi's voice takes on a slightly fervent note at that. "Though... does it help at all that you have spent so many years with Lord Hantei--I mean, does absence get any easier? One winter at least is not very long compared to the time you've both had together."

Kogi finds herself thinking about Bayushi, who seems to care deeply about his siblings--in his way--even though a year or more might pass between the times he sees each of them in person. When you've already lived an era in Heaven together, what's a mere year or two apart on Earth? Or at least, that's the best guess Kogi has at understanding it.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:43 am

"Absence..." She frowns a bit and then sighs, "It does get easier, the more you stay apart. Yet, once you reconnect, then every breath away seems too long."

"One thing, though, tramples any lack of comfort. To provide to those under one's care."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:13 am

"Is that, um, something that lightens your heart this winter, Hantei-sama?"

Kogi trails a fingertip over the feather-trimmed letter from 'Kakita,' feeling the texture of the paper.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:18 pm

"Oh, yes. Every opportunity to be at my dear son's side always lightens my heart." She mentions and turns to Kogi, asking with a tilted head, "Has Bayushi-san met him?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:49 pm

"Yes, Hantei-sama. I have had that honor." Kogi nods respectfully. "Hantei Genji-sama is a credit to his upbringing. A very elegant and... kind person."
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:37 pm

"Well..." She blushes a tiny bit and nods, "He is the son of Hantei. His upbringing wouldn't go amiss."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:35 am

"Surely his mother deserves some credit too," Kogi says smoothly. "Hantei-no-Kami is a god. Hantei Genji-sama is half a god, but has also learned to be a fine human."
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Kinsen surely looks pleased, yet confused. She is after all, infamous: The Noriaki Beast Bride is something that keeps haunting her even today. She bows, "I am grateful. Bayushi-san is too kind. Yet I cannot even accept the praise. The merit is dear husband's and mostly Genji-kun's, himself. In fact, I often see me as a test to his patience, good sense and manners. I try to spoil him too much. I can't deny."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:10 pm

"As I understand it," Kogi tilts her head a little, "nothing is more natural for a parent. But I'm sure Hantei-sama tries her best, whatever the results."

And then, because that topic feels slightly awkward, she adds, "Hantei Genji-sama has other siblings, too, doesn't he?"
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:16 pm

"Oh yes. He does. Kazoku-chan is his little sister." Kinsen smiles brightly as the image of her daughter comes to find. "Not that any of the children of the Kami can be considered little... but... I hope Bayushi-san gets my point."

There's a chuckle at the end.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:15 pm

"Another tall-standing heir of the gods, ne?" Kogi chuckles politely. "It must be interesting, being the human member in a family half-rooted in Tengoku."
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:57 pm

"Well, not so human." She smiles, but doesn't say much more, which is visible, but in context with what Kogi mentioned. "But yes, interesting."

Kinsen takes a moment to check Kogi a bit more and her outwear. She takes a deep breath, reminding Bayushi Umeno's colors and then grins. "What about your own Family, Bayushi-san?"

TN to be recognized is 0