[EM 7] The Quiet Game Mingling Open

Nozomi

[EM 7] The Quiet Game Mingling Open

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:32 pm

The game of meditation and reflection was not a thing that would last forever, and as the morning continued more braziers were brought out to combat the chill. The storm clouds on the horizon promised snow, but they did not give it yet. As they rumbled off, the place remained relatively calm and peaceful. While contestants in the 'game' finished their meditations, there were still large amounts of time for any and all to mingle and quietly converse.

Certainly, the gardens were aa good place to meet. And for those who had performed particularly well, there might be thoughts and curiosities about what the monk had said she saw when she looked into their eyes.

(OOC: This is an open mingle to accompany the mechanical portion of the Quiet Game. After all, if we're going to have an Early Morning thread in the gardens, it's a shame to let all those good opportunities for light politicking and talking go to waste, yes? Knock yourselves out. Nozomi will be among the guests as well obviously.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Re: [EM 7] The Quiet Game Mingling Open

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Sora kept a weather eye on his brood as, released from enforced silence, they promptly started a three-pronged attempt to pet the foxes.

It had been nice to try to clear his head, in any event.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 pm
Sora kept a weather eye on his brood as, released from enforced silence, they promptly started a three-pronged attempt to pet the foxes.

It had been nice to try to clear his head, in any event.
"Hello, Jiyo-san. Are you well today?" A voice suddenly next to Sora asked.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm

Shosuro wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 pm
"Hello, Jiyo-san. Are you well today?" A voice suddenly next to Sora asked.
He turned, saw who he was talking to, and smiled as he bowed.

"As well as may be expected, Shosuro-sama. You look well today."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:35 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm
He turned, saw who he was talking to, and smiled as he bowed.

"As well as may be expected, Shosuro-sama. You look well today."
She smiled a little and nodded. "I feel very... present after the meditation. I am not sure how else to describe it."

Indeed, Sora's eye jabbed at him a little, the sensation of seeing two conflicting futures always a headache. One vision saw shadows eating away at the girl before him until she slowly vanished, and the other of her looking surprisingly whole, walking under the sun with her full appearance, wearing simple clothing.

Played by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:40 pm

Shosuro wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:35 pm
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm
-snip-
-snip-
Nozomi bowed while Mayumi continued with the meditations nearby, taking in the two of them. "It is good to see the both of you today," she said softly, keeping her tone appropriate for anyone still meditating. She nodded towards Shosuro. "Good. It's always good to feel centered in coming to the courts, I'm finding. Helps us prepare ourselves for whatever may come."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:31 am

Shosuro wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:35 pm
She smiled a little and nodded. "I feel very... present after the meditation. I am not sure how else to describe it."

Indeed, Sora's eye jabbed at him a little, the sensation of seeing two conflicting futures always a headache. One vision saw shadows eating away at the girl before him until she slowly vanished, and the other of her looking surprisingly whole, walking under the sun with her full appearance, wearing simple clothing.
Sora's eye twitched.

"Apologies, Shosuro-sama, you appear to have a... choice of futures. Makes this old eye of mine act up a bit..."

Current Theme

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:11 am

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:40 pm
Nozomi bowed while Mayumi continued with the meditations nearby, taking in the two of them. "It is good to see the both of you today," she said softly, keeping her tone appropriate for anyone still meditating. She nodded towards Shosuro. "Good. It's always good to feel centered in coming to the courts, I'm finding. Helps us prepare ourselves for whatever may come."
Shosuro bowed to Nozomi politely. "It is good to see you, as well. Yes... I am finding that as I practice."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:31 am
Sora's eye twitched.

"Apologies, Shosuro-sama, you appear to have a... choice of futures. Makes this old eye of mine act up a bit..."
She shook her head. "No need to apologize. Do you wish me to leave? If it is causing you trouble..."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:08 am

Shosuro wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:11 am
She shook her head. "No need to apologize. Do you wish me to leave? If it is causing you trouble..."
"No trouble at all, Shosuro-sama... Especially given the good your presence here appears to be doing you..."

Current Theme

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:31 am

Ayumu was there too, quiet, not interrupting any conversation, but very much perceiving all of them, his senses especially sharp just after coming out of meditation.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:34 pm

"A certain amount of centering helps in almost anything. In the courts... I admit I almost need it. So much goes on. I miss things when I am not centered," she said, giving Sora a nod in response. "And yes. I think it does the heart and soul good as well. Shosuro-sama seems to be looking well today."
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:31 am
Ayumu was there too, quiet, not interrupting any conversation, but very much perceiving all of them, his senses especially sharp just after coming out of meditation.
She caught sight of her old friend and gave him a bow and a smile. "You may join us if you wish, Jiyo-sama. There are no strangers today. You have met Shosuro-sama, yes?"

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Susumu looks surprisingly calm (at least surprising to himself) after the excercise.

"Thank you Nozomi-san, it has been a while since things were so .. clear."
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:32 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:08 am
"No trouble at all, Shosuro-sama... Especially given the good your presence here appears to be doing you..."
Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:34 pm
"A certain amount of centering helps in almost anything. In the courts... I admit I almost need it. So much goes on. I miss things when I am not centered," she said, giving Sora a nod in response. "And yes. I think it does the heart and soul good as well. Shosuro-sama seems to be looking well today."
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:31 am
She caught sight of her old friend and gave him a bow and a smile. "You may join us if you wish, Jiyo-sama. There are no strangers today. You have met Shosuro-sama, yes?"
She bowed to both of them. "Yes... It is helping a great deal, thank you."

She bowed to Ayumu. "I don't believe we have met before. I am Shosuro, as Nozomi-san said. Pleased to meet you."

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:40 pm

Shosuro wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:32 pm
She bowed to both of them. "Yes... It is helping a great deal, thank you."
"Now if I could just get my offspring to see the point..."

Current Theme

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:43 am

"Oh, they'll pick up on it. Shirayuki seems to be doing well," she said mildly with a little smirk as she glanced at Sora. "Speaking of her. I spoke with Isawa-sama. He wanted me, I think, to talk to you about her development." She nodded towards Shosuro, glad to see her ...

Well, she didn't say it, but she was just glad to be able to see her right now. That was important in this, because it said that this was helping a little bit.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:44 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:02 pm
Susumu looks surprisingly calm (at least surprising to himself) after the excercise.

"Thank you Nozomi-san, it has been a while since things were so .. clear."
She nodded to the Hisomu and smiled. "That's sort of the value of this practice. When the mind is emptied, it is easier to reflect and to see the things you might have missed otherwise."

(OOC: Sorry, almost missed this one.)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:45 am

"Oh, yes, her evident 'gift,' whatever it may be. I'm not terribly well-versed on the subject, of course, but Kinyoubi thinks there's something to it..."

Current Theme

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:56 am

She glanced at him. "I'm not as good as Shinsei is, but you know he taught me that secret that he used all those years ago. I would not use it without both your and her permission, and your wife's at that, but if the three of you are willing, I could see what lies within her as potential." She was a little hesitant as she said it. She did know that Shosuro would know the meaning of the technique. She just wasn't sure how Sora felt.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:13 am

"Good enough for you, good enough for me, old friend. You know that."

He smiled.

"And I'll ask my better half about it. Pretty sure Shirayuki's already onboard."

Current Theme

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:17 am

"Mayumi and I will stay as long as needed to test her. I think Shinsei would be glad to know that the gift he taught was used in that fashion. I'm hoping to use it for those here today to help a few where they least expect it." That's how it was with the golden eyes. The Harmony of the Mind usually told you something you didn't expect to hear, like you were a key to the salvation of the empire. She was rare in that she knew what he'd tell her ahead of time.