While some humans are trained... (D6 EM - Observation Thread)

Chai Kotsume

While some humans are trained... (D6 EM - Observation Thread)

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 pm

As some of the castle's visitors for the winter take their turns pairing up with animals and trying to get along with them, Kotsume happily hops and skips from one part of the garden to another, looking at what the different people and animals are doing, and now and then petting the beasts and giving the humans quick tips or making remarks to encourage them or praise them (or more accurately their animal partners!)

Nearby, Wu Zhe, Ryoshun Rei and a number of others are also watching the proceedings as they wait for the time for the participating pairs to show what they managed to do.

OOC:
Observation thread to How to train your human!
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Ryoshun Rei

Re: While some humans are trained... (D6 EM - Observation Thread)

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:31 pm

"Hen-kun, you behave. Be good and listen to anyone who chooses you."

Rei smiled down at the small pig who looked up with a curious expression. She scratched his chin the way he liked before leaving him for whomever might choose him.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:51 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:31 pm
"Hen-kun, you behave. Be good and listen to anyone who chooses you."

Rei smiled down at the small pig who looked up with a curious expression. She scratched his chin the way he liked before leaving him for whomever might choose him.
"Ryoshun-san!", Kotsume said with a bow as she came back from another round checking what those with the otters were doing. "It's good to see this finally happening!", she says with a happy face, looking around. "A shame we had so little time to talk about anything other than this, though!"

She smiles, kneels and whistles to send Chuuen back when the otter cub, working with someone close by, looked at her and started coming towards her.

"Hen-kun is such a dear!", she says standing up again. "So... I haven't seen you much other than in our meetings for this. I hope you've been having a good time here?"
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 am

"I have, Chai-san." she bowed and offered a smile. "I apologize, I wish we'd had the opportunity to speak more. I've been spending much of my time drawing designs."
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 am

There was some growling in the garden, followed by some yipping, more growling a howl and finally some very concerted and long growling. A few minutes later, the Imperial Consort's fox (but not the Imperial Consort himself) wandered up with half a dozen smaller foxes in tow.

The Vulpine Gallery sat down at a polite distance to watch.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:07 am

Wu Zhe had been in a corner giving a pep talk to Shu and the baby goat for the event before joining the observation stage.

''This will be interesting''

Just as interesting as the fox retinue coming around the stage. He looked at them for a while and had one intendant fetch some chicken.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Sasori sat down to see the spectacle.
β˜†Scorpion β˜†Courtier β˜†Dangerous Beauty β˜†Bland β˜†Silent β˜†Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 am

After he made his presentation with the little fox, Yatsufusa went towards the observation placement in order to see the other interactions from the other people and their chosen animal.

[OOC]

PMe or poke me on discord if approached please
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:28 pm

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 am
"I have, Chai-san." she bowed and offered a smile. "I apologize, I wish we'd had the opportunity to speak more. I've been spending much of my time drawing designs."
"Designs?", she asks with a curious face, still smiling curiously. "Oh! May I ask what for?"
Yuzuru wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:48 am
There was some growling in the garden, followed by some yipping, more growling a howl and finally some very concerted and long growling. A few minutes later, the Imperial Consort's fox (but not the Imperial Consort himself) wandered up with half a dozen smaller foxes in tow.

The Vulpine Gallery sat down at a polite distance to watch.
As she waits for an answer, the Ki-rin notices the growling concert - somewhat disconcerted! - and turns her head in the direction of the sounds...

... for those few minutes, she thinks there's nothing and focuses on her conversation with Rei.

But she looks again just in time to see the vulpine entourage.... and it's hard to say whether her face is more surprised or delighted!

"Ah! Seems like a lovely audience found its way here, Ryoshun-san!" She says, excusing herself with a respectful bow to approach Hsieh-hsieh and his... friends? Family?

She kneels down in front of the fox and actually bows as if she would to Yuzuru - ok, perhaps a little less deeply, but not too much! "Oi, Hsieh-hsieh-sama! I hope you and your friends are finding the morning enjoyable?", she says with a wide smile.

She then looks at the foxes around, then the pond, and has ideas...
Status

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Hikaru also came to watch. Perhaps it was his conversation with Ko the night before. But he found himself thinking about how beauty could be found in nature. What might seeing a number of cute animals inspire in him? Hikaru wasn't sure, but he thought he would see.

And so he found himself standing at the edge of the proceedings, frowning, as usual. His arms were crossed in front of his chest as he watched cute animals scamper about, and perform tricks. So cute... Hikaru's gaze softened, but only minutely.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:16 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:28 pm
"Designs?", she asks with a curious face, still smiling curiously. "Oh! May I ask what for?"
"I intend to construct a shrine for my father here in the capital." she explained.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:49 pm

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:16 pm
"I intend to construct a shrine for my father here in the capital." she explained.
"Oh! And is the idea progressing well? I... have heard only a few things about your honourable father's legacy, I suppose. I trust Shinjo no kami was very fond of him, as she is having your people as our neighbours", she adds with a kind, somewhat curious smile.
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:53 pm

"And, we are very fond of Lady Shinjo and her followers." she smiled. "The designs are developing well. But, I have a habit of continually revising ideas with the foolish thought that I will ever be satisfied."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:53 pm
"And, we are very fond of Lady Shinjo and her followers." she smiled. "The designs are developing well. But, I have a habit of continually revising ideas with the foolish thought that I will ever be satisfied."
The Ki-rin smiled at the girl as well, then let out a small, silent chuckle at her comment. "Oh, Ryoshun-san! If you're at that stage I'm sure you've got rather good plans already, eh?" She nods encouragingly. "At some point we should just pull the net instead of hoping for more. A good catch in hand is better than waiting for a perfect catch and ending up eating snails, ne?"
Status

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:28 pm

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:28 pm
As she waits for an answer, the Ki-rin notices the growling concert - somewhat disconcerted! - and turns her head in the direction of the sounds...

... for those few minutes, she thinks there's nothing and focuses on her conversation with Rei.

But she looks again just in time to see the vulpine entourage.... and it's hard to say whether her face is more surprised or delighted!

"Ah! Seems like a lovely audience found its way here, Ryoshun-san!" She says, excusing herself with a respectful bow to approach Hsieh-hsieh and his... friends? Family?

She kneels down in front of the fox and actually bows as if she would to Yuzuru - ok, perhaps a little less deeply, but not too much! "Oi, Hsieh-hsieh-sama! I hope you and your friends are finding the morning enjoyable?", she says with a wide smile.

She then looks at the foxes around, then the pond, and has ideas...
Hsieh-Hsieh reacts with a vulpine grin and a thump or two of his tail. The others . . . well three back away attempting to hide behind each other while the other three just look curiously at the human that approached them. The one that smells of furry fish catchers.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 pm

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:25 pm
The Ki-rin smiled at the girl as well, then let out a small, silent chuckle at her comment. "Oh, Ryoshun-san! If you're at that stage I'm sure you've got rather good plans already, eh?" She nods encouragingly. "At some point we should just pull the net instead of hoping for more. A good catch in hand is better than waiting for a perfect catch and ending up eating snails, ne?"
"My mother once said something about mountain snails being good with ginger." she shrugged. "But, you're right. I'm sure I'll settle on a design soon."

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 pm
"My mother once said something about mountain snails being good with ginger." she shrugged. "But, you're right. I'm sure I'll settle on a design soon."
The Ki-rin actually seems thoughtful for a while after her remark... and then she smiles back. "I'm sure you will!", she says in a kind voice. Her brow furrowing for a while again, she adds. "Ah... mountain snails? Are these different from river snails?" She grins. "Maybe I should try them with ginger! I wonder if river snails taste better with seasoning..."
Status

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:16 pm

Yuzuru wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:28 pm
Hsieh-Hsieh reacts with a vulpine grin and a thump or two of his tail. The others . . . well three back away attempting to hide behind each other while the other three just look curiously at the human that approached them. The one that smells of furry fish catchers.
Looking at the pond again, then back at the other foxes - slightly frustrated that some of them have backed away - the girl opens a wide smile at the more imponent fox. "I think I've got an idea you and your folks might like, Hsieh-hsieh-sama!"

This is an occasion to show one's appreciation and cooperation with animals, after all, right??

She reaches to a pouch on her obi and gets a few pieces of dried fish, extending her hands and addressing the foxes with a kind voice. "Oi, wild friends! I'll offer you something now... and much more if we can work together for a bit. Let's try that?"

She'll offer a small piece of dried fish to each of the foxes - and some to Hsieh-hsieh as well if he expresses interest, of course! - then hold some more fish as she walks and gestures towards the pond, as if to indicate 'there's soooo much more here! Let's have a vulpine feast!'

With gestures, clicking and yapping of her own, she'll try to gather the foxes around her and move towards the frozen lake, then search for a good place for them to make a catch, and see if her guidance will bear fruit.

Or, well, fish.

OOC:
D6 EM - Hey foxies, let's fish together, shall we? - Fluffy Animal Handling/ Awa. TN...?: 9d10o10k4 41 - I'm assuming that will do it? :D

D6 EM - Finding a good place for the vulpines to fish. Craft: Fishing/ Perception: 5d10o10k3 20 - Not great, but not bad I guess!
Status

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:03 pm
The Ki-rin actually seems thoughtful for a while after her remark... and then she smiles back. "I'm sure you will!", she says in a kind voice. Her brow furrowing for a while again, she adds. "Ah... mountain snails? Are these different from river snails?" She grins. "Maybe I should try them with ginger! I wonder if river snails taste better with seasoning..."
"Most things do." she smiled. "My mother is fond of what she calls 'survival foods'. She spent many years exploring the wilderness, hunting and foraging for her meals."

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:55 pm

The Vulpine Parade is confused and wary for a little while, until Hsieh-Hsieh growls a little at them and they start paying attention to the human. Fish also being a motivator. Who doesn't like a good fish? The dried fish disappears rapidly.

Despite the spot not being perfect and the foxes being very inexperienced fishers, they try their best. End result is two fish, one very wet fox, four slightly damp foxes, one still dry fox and an Imperial Vulpine watching on having not taken part at all.