Savage Garden (D4 EE)

Kakita

Savage Garden (D4 EE)

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:26 am

Kakita walked his way through the garden again that evening… it was becoming something of a routine for him; a way to retain tapped into the rhythm of the environment he found himself in.

The wind led him on… causing his hakama to billow slightly in the breeze. He let out a long breath as he looked towards the rising moon; out just while the sky still remained a darkening shade of blue.

————

(OOC: Expecting)
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Re: Savage Garden (D4 EE)

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 am

Ananzihime sat on one of the benches scattered around the garden, wrapped in a shawl and watching a winter crane walk elegantly through the water, dipping its beak occasionally. It doesn't take her long to notice the other person present, rising and bowing to him.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Benten's Blessing | Soft-Spoken | Nanzi Family Heir | Bride of Hadananzi

Honor: 6.5, Status: 6.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:53 am

“Lady Nanzi.” Kakita responds with a deeper bow to the princess.

“Please, sit. Do not let me disturb you.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:54 am

She returned to her seat. "You have not disturbed me at all, Kakita-san. I was just watching the garden. How have you been?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Benten's Blessing | Soft-Spoken | Nanzi Family Heir | Bride of Hadananzi

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:57 am

He smiled softly and tilted his head ever so slightly, “I have been well… the snows have made for a rather busy few days.”

He motioned towards the bench she had been sitting on, “You must be tired. May I join you?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 am

She shifted to the side to give him room. "Of course. It has been busy, though things have been fairly quiet for me. IT's been nice to relax a little bit."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 am

He nodded, “I too have come seeking a bit of respite…”

He smiled softly and looked off to the bird as it searched for sustenance, “You looked burdened last we spoke… I hope you do not mind me saying…”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 am

"Ah... Yes..." She sighed and shook her head. "I am sorry for troubling you by being so obvious about it. I still have a long way until reaching the poise of my mother."

Her eyes shifted to the sky. "I suppose it would only be more troublesome if I were to hesitate to speak now." She let out a small, self-effacing chuckle.

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 am

“Terribly.” He replied with a warm chuckle of his own.

He smiled softly as he continued to look at the creature and waited for her to speak… his posture suggested he welcomed it.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:23 pm

"Well, we can't have that..." she replied, shaking her head gently. "... I... You called my wedding auspicious, I think, didn't you?"

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 pm

He nodded, “The combination of two fates is always something of note. And the potential for many more combinations to follow.”

He smiled, “And the elements have conspired to prolong the festivities. Adding more and more to the intertwining of destinies.”

He continued to look out, “How do you feel?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:41 am

She pressed her lips together, then nodded. "Yes... I suppose that's a good way of looking at it. I... I'm content. Hadananzi is often busy, but I certainly don't mind having more time to myself."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 am

He nodded, “But you would prefer he… be around a bit more?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:11 pm

She shrugged. "Wouldn't any wife, just after their wedding?" A breeze passed by the and she pulled her shawl a little closer around herself. "I hope the cold weather that came with the wedding doesn't portend a cold marriage. It doesn't seem to be a problem yet, though."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:25 pm

Kakita nodded silently. He was a man who owned every word he spoke… but how could he not speak freely to the woman perhaps in most danger.

Ultimately he let out a sigh, “You are well within your right. I would expect the same from a partner as well. I wish I could promise you that all will be perfect but I am a simple man. The truth is, not all are blessed by the fortune of love in their unions.”

He nodded, “I would hope for the best for the daughter of Lady Doji… a love like that between your parents. But I am sure of all people you will find a way to make the best of whatever situation you may find yourself in.”

He turned his head slightly in her direction, “What kind of man is your husband? If you don’t mind me asking… He’s been an advisor to your father for years; have you interacted much with him before your wedding?”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:58 pm

"He is... the sort of person who is the perfect image of politeness, but you can tell strong emotions run beneath if you get to know him," she began thoughtfully. "It comes out in his art, especially - he is a very avid artist. He is very charming to everyone he meets. He has made an effort to back Doji and my father in making etiquette a stronger force in people's lives, out of concern for the Clan. It sometimes seems like he sees any break of face as weakness that political enemies might exploit..."

She shook her head softly, a little cloud of steam from her lips the only evidence of a sigh. "We must prepare for the future, I suppose. Already, there are growing resentments between Clans, even though we're close family."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:16 am

He nodded, “It’s unfortunate that we can even consider each other as ‘enemies’ at all. I prefer the times when we bonded together to combat a common obstacle.”

He picked up a stone at his feet and rolled it around his fingers. “It seems if we all just spoke honestly with one another we could avoid having to put on a ‘face’ to protect ourselves… I grew up believing that we all were building this thing together… and now it seems there are all these things to hide.”

He smiled softly as he held his hand tight around the rock, “I had a sensei once tell me when my training was near its end that there was so much more to life than what I was doing. He said, ‘You can’t live while hiding from life’… It made me want to live an honest and simple life… Honesty is simple. Lying makes everything so much more difficult.”

He scoffed at himself and gently dropped the stone, “Sorry for rambling… Just wish things could be a bit different sometimes.”

He looked up to the lake again, “They can be… but it depends on our actions.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:07 am

"Yes... Though I'm sure people have always had things to hide. Perhaps they simply feel they have more to lose from the revelation now, with people like the Kami involved," she mused. "Though honesty without tact can also be harmful. Life is full of nuance, though I would prefer if we could be direct about important things."

Played by GM Canary

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:29 am

He nodded, “Tact is certainly necessary… but there are times when being open can make a world of difference. Just takes a bit of practice.”

He smiled, “Let us play a bit of a game…”

He looked to her to check her reaction, “We’ll both take turns saying one thing we wished we could say aloud but are worried about what someone might say.”

He tilted his head as if to ask ‘How does that sound?’

After looking for a refusal he replied, “I’ll start.”

He pointed to himself, “I like the smell of a dojo after morning practice.”

He smiled softly, “It smells horrible don’t get me wrong. But there’s something about it that brings back good memories of fulfillment…”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Nanzi Ananzihime

Post by Nanzi Ananzihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:56 am

"Well... as long as we don't go too far with it, it's okay."

"Ah... It's a nostalgic smell, ne? Sometimes even things that irritate the nose normally," she nodded, looking out over the small lake. "... I can't stand the white peacocks in part of our garden. They make the most awful noises, and one chased me around when I was little."

Played by GM Canary