In the Jungle, the Lion Sleeps Tonight.....(EA D1 Open)

Makime Ayano

In the Jungle, the Lion Sleeps Tonight.....(EA D1 Open)

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 am

Ayano had thought to take a walk, something to clear her head before the main event. Come in, watch wedding give gift, mix with a few people, then pass out in her bed. Simple enough, she thought. But thinking on it, going through a thousand different scenarios...most ending in unpleasantness for Ayano and a slow trek back to face her mother...the lioness didn't notice just how much she had been moving. Until she felt her heart begin to pound.

Just a moment's rest, she thought and settled into a comfortable looking spot. A moment to catch her breath and then make her way back toward the guest rooms. And maybe Ayano would have a better rest if she let her eyes close for a moment...that would be fine.....

Before long her breathing had slowed and Ayano dozed peacefully in the gardens. Her mother would not be happy at this show of weakness, was a thought that never managed to materialize. It had been beaten by more pleasant dreams.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Re: In the Jungle, the Lion Sleeps Tonight.....(EA D1 Open)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:57 am

"Ara, ara..." The young lioness hears a motherly voice judging her.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:03 am

After his morning prayers, Yatsufusa decided to stroll and explore a bit the surroundings of the Imperial Palace. Indeed it was quite a sight, nothing like his home. Both had their own beauty although.

Here, the beauty was nurtured and planned. A show of the new era and dawn of this age. Back in the Dragon lands, it was the raw beauty of nature, magnificent but terrible.

With difficulty, due to his leg, the young man explored arround. Early on he had gone and picked up one of his companions, an a falcon was perched on the man's shoulder. Quite a strange sight, the falcon seemed to be quite calm in there.

Yatsu noticed someone was lying right there. He thought for moment to not approach, since the person seemed to be relaxed where she was. But the color of her hair brought the dragon's curiosity.

Slowly he approached. Though there was another person now. Another woman.

Yatsufusa stood there, waiting to be acknowledged.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 am

It was a pleasant dream, but like all dreams it ended...suddenly in this case. Ayano opened her eyes slowly, smiling apologetically at was likely to be some castle servant checking on a guest.

Then her eyes focused and she realized that mistake quickly. She fought back the urge to snap up, instead rising to a sitting position gracefully. From her new position she bowed low.

"My apologies -sama," Ayano rose back up, "I was just enjoying the garden and...." She held back the urge to glance off to the side. "I suppose I allowed myself too much relaxation."

"This one is Ayano of the Makime...the senior envoy of the Lion Delegation." Her jaw set, embarrassment replaced by self-anger. Embarrassing herself had been one thing but meeting an obviously important dignitary in such a manner was a slight on her family and clan.

Then she noticed the approaching Dragon as well and her eyes finally dropped, a moment's laxity and two witnesses.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:27 am

Kinsen completes, "What a beautiful young woman you are, I was about to say. Quite important, too. Now that I know who you're child of. No need to get startled, my dear. It is a lovely place to meditate, after all. I apologize for interrupting."

A smirk creeps up, as she bows back to the small Lion. "I am Hantei Kinsen. Please, do treat me kindly."

And, strangely, she notices another bright haired samurai nearby. Another welcoming bow is provided.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 am

Ayano canted her head slightly, "There are other Makime...what makes you think I am related to the Makime." She smiles, "Asking for my own curiosity of course, Hantei-sama. I assume it is that I am so young and yet so highly placed. You are correct of course, in addition to chief envoy...I am the eldest child of Lady Makime, first of Lord Akodo's followers and daimyo of the Makime Family."

Her posture straightened and she dipped her head again, "...and thank your for the compliment Hantei-sama, your own beauty is the subject of poems."

"It is peaceful, surprising given the preparations for the wedding. A few hours more and barely a sound to be heard in preparation."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:58 am

The dragon noticed that he was acknowledged by the women and now felt it was appropiate to approach. The young bowed to both of them. '' This one hopes that is not interrupting you minna-sama. If so i apologize for that...'' He bowed. Oddly the falcon perched on his shoulders didn't move at all, staying right there.

'' This one name is Saru Yatsufusa, from the Dragon clan. Have you received Amaterasu's-no-kami blessings today?'' He asked politely.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 am

"Not at all Saru-san," Ayano turned to regard the Dragon, "Of the family of artisans?" Her eyes narrowed a fraction as she studied the hair and eyes, much the same color as her own.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:11 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 am
-snip-
"Makime-san flatters me with such words. Charming" She says, adding as a reply, "I am grateful to have met your mother, and... the similarity between the both of you is rather striking. A brighter version of Makime-sama." Kinsen chuckles and holds her hand in front of her mouth not to appear rude. She adds, "Also, I have done my homework and asked around who the Clans have sent over as their delegation chiefs."
Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:58 am
-snip-
"You're quite welcome Saru-san. I am happy yo say that Amaterasu-kami bless me everyday ever since I married her youngest son." She provides a bow, and glances her eyes over the young man for a short moment before they get back to the lioness. "I hope her light has warmed you, too."

TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:38 am

"Of course..." Ayano pondered that quietly, it was always the simple oversights. "My mother is a memorable and formidable woman." In much the same way a blizzard is actually, "And Hantei-sama is perceptive indeed. Though I have not heard myself called a brighter version of Lady Makime before."

Still seated, she was beginning to feel a bit vulnerable. "Your own delegation includes the young heir of the Stag if my own research serves."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 am
"Not at all Saru-san," Ayano turned to regard the Dragon, "Of the family of artisans?" Her eyes narrowed a fraction as she studied the hair and eyes, much the same color as her own.
'' Hai, though i'm not part of the more artistic group inside my family. Rather i'm a priest of the Kami, Makime-sama.'' He replied to the young woman. '' Although i do have some training in new types of what it could be considered arts.'' He adds. ''

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:11 am

"You're quite welcome Saru-san. I am happy yo say that Amaterasu-kami bless me everyday ever since I married her youngest son." She provides a bow, and glances her eyes over the young man for a short moment before they get back to the lioness. "I hope her light has warmed you, too."
'' Oh, i see.'' He said, a bit surprised, since Yatsufusa didn't knew who she was, at first. '' Indeed it has. Even in the coldness of winter, the light of Amaterasu-no-kamisama brings warm to this one, Hantei-sama.'' He adds, politely.

The bird perched on his shoulder, gazed upon the two women. Not doing much, but was concentrated his raptor sight on them. '' I was hoping to look around and explore, since this is all new to me. We don't have this type of buildings and gardens back in the mountains.'' He expressed. '' Also i was hoping to give a bit of freedom to this one here...'' The dragon gently touched the bird head.

Background

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:59 am

Ayano's eyes shifted back to the Dragon, a look of disappointment flashed in her eyes for barely a second, "My apologies for assuming purely by name." Another dip of her head. Then her eyes shifted to the bird. "...I have heard of taming birds of prey for hunting, I always though they must be kept hooded when not on the hunt. To prevent the bird from taking off on its own expedition."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:09 am

'' Nothing to apologize for, Makime-sama.'' He said politely. '' But you are right, in early training and for most of their lives, it is preferable to hood the bird in order to not be scared of ningen.'' Yatsu nods.

'' But, this one knows a few tricks, both mundane and spiritual to keep the creature for becoming afraid. The help of the kami is very useful in that regard.'' He adds. '' My parents train birds, and this one is one of their gifts to me. Although i consider her as a friend, rather than a pet.'' He said as he gently pats the raptor.

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:41 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:38 am
Still seated, she was beginning to feel a bit vulnerable. "Your own delegation includes the young heir of the Stag if my own research serves."
Kinsen's eye sparkle with happiness as mention to her son is made. She provides a gentle nod and confirms, "Yes. The head of the delegation is Hantei Genji-sama. That is, Genji-kun, to me. He's heir to the Stag and my dear son. I am honored for your awareness of his presence."
Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:48 am
The bird perched on his shoulder, gazed upon the two women. Not doing much, but was concentrated his raptor sight on them.
Kinsen returns the predatory gaze back to the animal. Perhaps in an unsettling way... to the bird.
Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:09 am
Although i consider her as a friend, rather than a pet.'' He said as he gently pats the raptor.
"Saru-san does well. All that serve us must be treated with honor. Specially the animals that have such a short life span."

TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 pm

From just about anyone else Ayano would roll her eyes...internally of course, she wasn’t here to cause offense...but the Lioness lived south of the mountain mystics and their strange ways. “Still you don’t worry her nature will see her take flight to claim prey? Her claws seem sharp and well your shoulder not so sturdy if you will forgive the observation.”

“There are many of the Emperor’s nieces and nephews here, Hantei-sama will be in the most austere of company among his cousins.” Ayano smiled, she did not know Kinsen-sama all that well...but felt a pang of pity for Genji-sama. Her own mother being present would have terrified the young Lion.

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:41 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 pm
“Still you don’t worry her nature will see her take flight to claim prey? Her claws seem sharp and well your shoulder not so sturdy if you will forgive the observation.”
'' I don't think she will do so...'' Yatsu replied, he didn't seem to be offended at all. '' This one is not as trained in the art of falconry as my parents are but still, in case of need, i can talk to her directly with the blessings of the kami.'' He adds that detail. '' But she has been well trained. As for this moment, i have not been required to do such a thing.''

Then Yatsu also heard about cousin and nieces coming to the wedding ceremony. '' This one came here as part of the entourage of Togashi Satsuki-himesama. Indeed it would seem that Hantei Genji-sama will be surrounded by most of his cousins'' He said to both.

Background

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:18 pm

"Togashi Satsuki-sama...." Ayano nodded to herself, "She is one of three children of Lord Togashi yes?" The Makime chided herself for not having done quite enough homework.

"And it is the wedding of one of Lady Sun's granddaughters. I imagine it will be the same for most of the other grandchildren." Of which there were a great many Ayano recalled.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 pm

"Ah, yes. I still have to lay eyes upon a few of them." Kinsen mentions with high expectations. "How is Togashi-ojou-san doing? If I may ask. I've heard she's quite the head turner."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:18 pm
"Togashi Satsuki-sama...." Ayano nodded to herself, "She is one of three children of Lord Togashi yes?" The Makime chided herself for not having done quite enough homework.

"And it is the wedding of one of Lady Sun's granddaughters. I imagine it will be the same for most of the other grandchildren." Of which there were a great many Ayano recalled.

'' You are right, Makime-sama.'' He nods. '' Togashi Satsuki-sama is the second child of Togashi-no-kamisama and Togashi Saruko-dono.'' He adds.

'' I guess so. One would expect such proper celebration for the new generations of descendants from Amaterasu-no-kami.'' Yatsu expressed, meanwhile the Falcon, stretched and extended her wings for a moment. Then it returned to its relaxed pose, still gazing upon the two women, with its impecable raptor vision.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 pm
"Ah, yes. I still have to lay eyes upon a few of them." Kinsen mentions with high expectations. "How is Togashi-ojou-san doing? If I may ask. I've heard she's quite the head turner."
'' She is doing fine. At least from the last time i spoke with her, which was not that long ago.'' Yatsu chuckled a bit. '' I suspect that she will have something interesting to share with the rest of the empire at large, which is why i'm here, although i don't know the details just yet.'' He shrugs. Yatsu didn't comment about the beauty of Satsuki. He remained neutral.

Background

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:00 pm

Ayano seemed lost in thought for a second, "Something to share with the Empire? You are not planning on returning home after the wedding?"

She intertwined her fingers and 'hmm'-ed. "Though you have my curiosity now." Her small smile returned. Apparently she was curious about the mystery.