[D3 LM open]Traditions

Bayushi Sasori

Re: [D3 LM open]Traditions

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:11 pm

"Of course we are." Sasori opened her fan and giggled from behind her fan. She moved closer. "Or do you think we are talking about playing other games?" Her voice was a whisper and playful.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:46 pm

As Kawauso looks at Sasori with questioning otter eyes, she also scoots a little closer and leans her head forward. Speaking quietly, conspiratorially, she says, "Some otters are very playful, but they play... more out of sight, not... as might be expected." The Lion tucks an errant stand of hair behind her ear absent-mindedly, only for the wind to pull it free and drift it back into her face.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:33 pm

"Then rejoice... for games will be played in the privacy of your den." Sasori smiled. "I am no fortune teller but if you so wish I can try and be your match maker."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:37 pm

The Lion looks a little unsure, but she leans a little closer and bumps shoulders with the Scorpion.

"Very well. I have great trust in my lucky cat." Kawauso sighs. "I think I must give you something with which to make a match, and I..." She shakes her head. "I have never given much thought to needing a match..."
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:23 pm

"Neither have I." Sasori sighed as moved and placed her head on Kawauso's lap. "Why weddings make us think on these things?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:53 pm

Kawauso freezes for a moment in surprise, but after a hesitation gently places a hand on her friend's shoulder.

"I suppose it reminds us that marriage catches up with most of us sooner or later?" She chuckles and gives a gentle, unthinking rub to Sasori's shoulder, as she might if Shino had been the one in her lap. "I can't imagine my father has given any thought to it either, so that at least is a blessing."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 am

"I wish father was here..." Sasori sighed. "He would give me good advice not that I am..." She shook her head and sighed once again. "I am not really that good, am I? With finding a husband or wife thing."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:20 am

Kawauso gives another gentle rub in response to the sighs. "Between us, we can figure this out, hm? You said you would like a match like your father. Does that mean you are like your mother?" The Lion woman wonders aloud.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:56 am

"Me... like mom... not really. Well... there are some aspects but she is a fighter I don't like to fight." She turned to look at the sky. "Have your kami told you stories of the heavens?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:20 am

Kawauso notices the change of topic but says nothing about it.

"I think Lord Akodo probably talks about such things with people who see him more often. I have never seen him, and I think my father has met him less than five times. I really only know that he is one of the fallen gods and he is teaching our people a lot of things, like about organizing for war. It seems like things must be very organized in the heavens. Maybe there are lots of rules too..."

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:32 pm

"Order..." Sasori seemed a bit sadden. "Loyalty... Duty... why?"

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:48 pm

Sounding a little wistful, Kawauso says, "I feel like we had those things before. Less order, sure, but duty and loyalty? We didn't need gods to tell us that protecting your home and your people is the right thing to do. And they certainly shouldn't get credit for trekking us what we already knew." There's a bit of a gruff tone to the Lions words.

"I am thankful for Lord Akodo and all his brothers and sisters. They've done a lot of good all throughout the empire. But telling people the right way to dance and the right way to drink tea? Perhaps this could at least wait until we have actually pacified the entire empire?"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:55 pm

"True Akodo sama..." Still her head was on the Lion's lap. "I guess it is thank to Bayushi no Kami why I exist. If it wasn't for him my mother wouldn't have met my father."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 pm

Kawauso squeezes her friend's shoulder gently. "Yes," she agrees, "very good things have come from the kami. Just, also, some less helpful things." The Lion smiles down at the Scorpion. "But no more about that now. More about playing, or fishing, or..." She giggles, not really trying to return to those subjects so much as moving from one that had made her grumpier than she wanted her friend to see.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:44 pm

"Ah... right... games I like games." She giggled. "We should play a game sometime."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 pm

The giggle helps keep a smile on Kawauso's face, and she rubs Sasori's shoulder again, but still gently.

"Perhaps not out in the snow, though," the Lion says, smiling a little wider at the unintended rhyme. "Tomorrow evening? I often sleep early to rise early, as Lord Akodo recommends, but I would happily stay up for a game. A game of fish, or whatever suits our mood?" She says with a smile and a warm laugh.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:06 pm

Sasori nodded in her lap. She purrs just as Kawauso rubs her shoulder. "Tomorrow morning Early we fish for actual fish." She giggled. "And have some fun."

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 pm

Bayushi Sasori wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:06 pm
Sasori nodded in her lap. She purrs just as Kawauso rubs her shoulder. "Tomorrow morning Early we fish for actual fish." She giggled. "And have some fun."
Kawauso is pleasantly surprised at the purr, but doesn't feel any need to change what she's doing if Sasori is content. "Fishing for actual fish," she repeats. "Finally something around here that I understand," she half-jokes.

/scene? And is D4 LE ok or do we need to do EN?

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:38 pm

//LE is good