Seeing Without Sight (EM, Day 3)

Ryoshun Rei

Seeing Without Sight (EM, Day 3)

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:58 pm

In the middle of the garden, with her cloak pulled close around her and Hen by her side, Ryoshun Rei sat with her eyes closed. At first glance, she might appear to be meditating. But, a closer look would reveal a few drops of blood in the snow, suggesting this was something more.

She had an idea for an activity. Another evening of storytelling that would be a fun diversion for everyone. First, however, she needed to ensure the area she had in mind was safe. She felt confident that no spirits were roaming the castle grounds, but it was best to be certain.

- - -
Seeing Without Sight (EM, Day 3), Casting Sense Void with 3 CR for Range, TN 40: 7d10o10k4 30
Note: TN is 25. Range is increased to 40'.
4 wounds
Last edited by Ryoshun Rei on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hisomu Kuni

Re: Seeing Without Sight (EM, Day 3)

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:27 pm

Kuni saw the Bat and began to approach her until he noticed the blood. As she was obviously busy, he looked around the garden a bit. If she finished before he was done, he would approach her. This might have been a nice place for his show had it been summer.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:53 am

Her eyes opened. She'd seen tge Spider approaching. She saw every living thing at the moment. It was the gaps, the empty spaces Rei was looking for. She was still looking, but that didn't mean she should ignore the man.

She quickly bandaged the cut she'd used to cast and rose to her feet.

"Good morning!" she called out.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:20 am

He bowed, but to the degree someone meeting unfamiliar samurai would bow rather to an heir of a Clan. "Greetings, Bat-sama. I am Hisomu Kuni of the Spider Clan." Kuni attempted a friendly smile. "I have wanted to meet a Bat samurai for a long time now." Well, he had met Agasha if you consider saying hello as he walked by her.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:53 am

She gave a short respectful bow. "I am Ryoshun Rei. It is nice to meet you, Hisomu-san. Is there something I could help you with."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:36 am

Kuni bows again more appropriate for her station. He apparently recognized the name. "Forgive my casualness, Ryoshun-sama. I just was just hoping to strengthen the ties between our Clans." Kuni consider his delicacy. He preferred bluntness. But this is an heir. Maybe she didn't. He would try to be delicate for now.

"I am a researcher of the spirit realms. Specifically, the one that held Hisomu-kami captive. Naturally, I feel that strong cooperation between our two Clans would be a benefit to us both and would like to create such friendships." This was exhausting. He did his best not to show it, but he was above his head. He had meant to talk to a random Bat and set up some sort of meeting between their leaders. But if he could get the heir to listen.... Well, a Spider-Bat Alliance could be beneficial in the Empire's fight against Jigoku.

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:10 am

She smiled. "I agree. The spirit realms affect our world significantly, even those that seem friendly. It would be good to work together to safely understand them better."

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:21 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:58 pm
In the middle of the garden, with her cloak pulled close around her and Hen by her side, Ryoshun Rei sat with her eyes closed. At first glance, she might appear to be meditating. But, a closer look would reveal a few drops of blood in the snow, suggesting this was something more.

She had an idea for an activity. Another evening of storytelling that would be a fun diversion for everyone. First, however, she needed to ensure the area she had in mind was safe. She felt confident that no spirits were roaming the castle grounds, but it was best to be certain.

- - -
Seeing Without Sight (EM, Day 3), Casting Sense Void with 3 CR for Range, TN 40: 7d10o10k4 30
Note: TN is 25. Range is increased to 40'.
4 wounds
Everything seems clear
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:58 am

Kuni nods. "The Seekers of Jigoku brought me back news of Tainted spirits that I believe come from the other realms. Especially Gaki-do. Though I do have concerns. Shinsei talked about a Day of Thunder where the Empire would face Jigoku. Hisomu-kami was meant to be Jigoku's Champion. I have considered the possibilities of our rescue of him. I think either Jigoku will try to choose a new Champion or target a different spiritual realm try to conquer. I think the former is more likely, but I don't want to discount the latter."

"I think an an exchange of students would help us monitor the situation better and build our Clans' friendship." This was brutal. He had no idea if he was doing OK or somehow insulting her as he was just some Spider shugenja.

Lore: Shadowlands/Intelligence: 8d10o10k3 36

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:37 am

"My father has said something is coming." she nodded. "He defends meido and yomi. It would be best to prepare, however we can."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:11 am

Well, that was ominous. But still, Kuni smiled. "It is good to know your father is protecting them and guiding your Clan still. The biggest concern I have is people will ignore the danger believing that after saving Hisomu-kami, that it is not less of a threat than it truly is."

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:20 am

"Agreed. But, I don't think it will be easy to convince everyone." she sighed. "We'd need a better idea of what to prepare for and how, regardless."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:38 am

"I can arrange for all the information I have regarding Tainted spirits of the other Realms copied for the Bat Clan if you could Bat could do the same for us. Maybe the other will see what we ourselves miss."

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:49 am

"Of course." she nodded in agreement. "We have compiled a lot of information, between my mother, my sister and myself."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:10 am

Kuni nods. "I look forward to seeing what you have discovered. I hope our work will be able to aid you as well." Kuni was sure he was. The Seekers were good at collecting hidden information. They probably found something the Bat haven't.

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:39 am

"You have likely focused on areas we have not." she said. "I feel certain that there is much we can learn from one another. I hope to host another evening of storytelling here in the garden in a few nights. Sharing kaidan, actually, tales of spirits and other unnatural dangers heard throughout the Empire. I hope you will be able to attend."

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:37 am

Kuni smiles. "That sounds like my kind of a get together." He begins going through his mind of stories he could share. "I will be there."

He considers for a moment. "If you're interested, in a few days, I plan on holding a contest of sorts. I am writing a book about the various fashions here at court from the various Clans. To see which I should put as the prominent trend, I plan to have a sort contest so people can compare and thus eliminate my bias." Part of Kuni felt a little foolish. Anything unrelated to his duty or family, always felt a little foolish to him. But he was told to get a hobby. And he did enjoy it.

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:59 am

"That would be an interesting diversion." she smiled. "What would it entail?"

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:44 am

"A kimono would have to be made. Then, there would be have to be someone model. And finally, there would need be someone who could explain the details and reasoning for choices to the audience. It all could be done by one person, though I expect multiple people will have to take part."

He then gives a more detailed explanation of how he expects it to work.

Equipment:

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 am

"Hmm... I may be able to craft something." she mused. "But, I am no artist. I'd be curious to see it all, regardless."