In the Jungle, the Lion Sleeps Tonight.....(EA D1 Open)

Hantei Kinsen

Re: In the Jungle, the Lion Sleeps Tonight.....(EA D1 Open)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:16 pm

"Something to share. Is that so?" The tall lady purses her lips in amusement, saying, "Any hints of what that may be?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:35 pm

'' Well, if i would speculate. It is probably something about the connection between us Ningen and the spiritual world. Otherwise, i don't know why she would had asked me in particular. You see, this one as a priest has a connection to the elemental kami, among other things, but other than that, this is my first time in the south and at not above in the mountains of the north.'' He adds.

'' In those areas i guess i could help Togashi Satsuki-himesama, so, it must be something alongside those lines.'' He shrugs. '' Although, perhaps her Divine Father asked something more mysterious, and in that regard, i have no clue. It is not easy to understand the ways of Togashi-no-kami, even as a follower of his ideas.'' He chuckled.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:50 pm

"So Saru-san is indeed form the Northern Mountains. That blond hair gave it away, initially but I wasn't too keen to pry. I also came from there, originally. Have you ever heard about the Komainu shapeshifters?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:00 am

Ayano blinked at the mention of that, "Is such a common occurrence of the northern mountains?"

She sat back on her heels and crossed her arms, looking away in thought. The Lioness had an impressive reserve of knowledge for her age but had not heard of such. Of course she also did not know much of the spirit realms either.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:05 am

'' Indeed, i am. Although by growing up, not my birthplace. My parents came from the south and followed Togashi-no-kami and Togashi Saruko-dono to the mountains. They were from the tribe of Ayakashi, like Togashi Saruko-dono and the Imperial Consort.'' The young dragon adds. '' I guess my lineage and appearance is because of that more than because we moved towards the north.''

'' Komainu? Indeed i had. I do not know much about them, but they are spiritual protectors.'' He said.

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Lore: Spiritual Worlds, 5k3 - 22
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:15 am

"Odd how Saru-san bright hair is similar to mine, then. I moved south. Saru-san north." She grins, looking to Ayano playing clueless cute, and says, "The bright hair is not a common occurence. But, it could happen from time to time. Specially to those of my father's tribe. It is told that the children born with golden eyes were the offspring of the Komainu, and some were taken away in the night to join their feral ancestors. They were shapeshifter spirits that favored fierce predatory forms, like the lion, to protect and rule this world even before tribes were formed."

TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:26 am

"I see..." Ayano resisted the urge to touch her own lighter hair...granted it was not of the brilliance of the other two. "I had not heard of such stories, but then my mother's family were from the south. Before they joined with Lord Akodo."

"But I take it the blood of the Komainu had entered into your father's tribe Hantei-sama, at some point in the past." Now that she thought on it, the Lady of the Stag did vaguely remind her of the namesake animal of Ayano's clan. "And those of your own too perhaps Saru-san?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:30 am

'' Indeed. I mean, i don't know the specifics, but you are right Hantei Kinsen-sama. Spirits from time to time do mingle with ningen in one way or another.'' Yatsu replied. '' Depends on their nature, some are more caring about ningen, others just follow their instincts. There are many type of spirits and shapeshifters usually do find humans interesting for their own purposes.'' He adds.

'' Though most of spirits are not evil, nor i would assume they want to rule over the ningen. They are curious about our way of life and seek us, although understanding of their motives can be difficult to address and figure out.''

Then he turned to the younger woman. '' Maybe, who knows.'' He chuckled. '' Fascinating would that be indeed, ne?''

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:39 am

Kinsen replies to Ayano with a giggle, "Indeed, they might. A forgotten blessing, perhaps. I guess I have passed the age of being taken into the night by these spirits, neh?!"

Then, she provides a sound nod to Yatsufusa, "Fascinating indeed. Curiosity is mutual. I would very much want to learn more about these potential... ancestors of mine."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:59 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:39 am
Kinsen replies to Ayano with a giggle, "Indeed, they might. A forgotten blessing, perhaps. I guess I have passed the age of being taken into the night by these spirits, neh?!"

Then, she provides a sound nod to Yatsufusa, "Fascinating indeed. Curiosity is mutual. I would very much want to learn more about these potential... ancestors of mine."
'' Hmmm, i might be able to help you with that, should you wish to and you allow me.'' The young dragon shugenja adds. '' I could, in theory, be able to try speak to spirits if needed to be, although there is no guarantee that whatever spirit one talks to, guides one could be linked to your heritage.'' He adds.

Background

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:17 am

"Perhaps, and perhaps the means by which it happened has a tragic story behind it...lovers separated, children missing parents, and parents missing children." Ayano frowned in thought, "Mother never had any stories like that, her people were a practical lot. Fishermen, traders, and weavers." And now warriors.

She blinked a few times as the conversation turned to discovering the heritage of Lady Stag. "Was there perhaps a family story Hantei-sama? One specific to your birth?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:30 am

"Well. I didn't mention this previously, but, my father told that my bright hair, strong body and warm heart: they all come from my mother. That people said she was a komainu herself, that decided never to turn feral again."

She shows clawy hands with her red fingernails toward them playfully, and completes, "Unfortunately, I wasn't raised by my mother. My father's many wives did so, instead. Until, of course, I was gifted to the Noriaki into marriage. But that's another story."

TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:40 am

"One of the old tribes...most of them joined Lord Akodo and formed some of the Lion's fiercest fighters." Ayano nodded, "And now Hantei-sama is the bride of the Lord of the Stag and mother of his heir. At the tournament, where mother proved her worth to my lord and earned her place as one of his closest advisors."

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:44 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:30 am
"Well. I didn't mention this previously, but, my father told that my bright hair, strong body and warm heart: they all come from my mother. That people said she was a komainu herself, that decided never to turn feral again."

She shows clawy hands with her red fingernails toward them playfully, and completes, "Unfortunately, I wasn't raised by my mother. My father's many wives did so, instead. Until, of course, I was gifted to the Noriaki into marriage. But that's another story."
'' Interesting. '' Yatsufusa didn't flinch or show any distruss with the fact of her red nails. '' Could certainly be the case. Though unless it is not more deeply investigated by spiritual means i could not say for sure, but i don't doubt your story, Hantei Kinsen-sama'' He nods.

'' Like i said before, spirits do mingle with humans, and some do indeed then leave after a period of time, or they stay forever, until their chosen mate pass away. Like Kitsune do...'' He adds. '' Some are more playful and fickle, like Bakeneko. I'm not sure about how Komainu behave, i'm not very knowgeable about them, but it is entirely in the realm of possibilities.''

Background

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:54 am

Kinsen smiles, and tells Ayano first, "I challenged the Noriaki Chieftain into ritual combat. If I lost, I would have married him, instead –– not dear husband. Yet, Bishamon-kami blessed me with his strength, and I ripped that evil man's head off his shoulder in face of the whole Tribe. Then, I pledged myself entirely to Hantei-kami-dono and the way of Heavens. The Noriaki had their choice, be weak and die like their headless leader, or join the Kami."

Looking to Yatsufusa, she says, "If Saru-san is either curious or interested, I would gladly be of help to –– maybe –– gain the knowledge of these spirits. If that is the case."

TN to be recognized is 0

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:02 am

Yatsu politely stays neutral as the fierce woman tells her story about choping heads and violence. Not something generally that he likes. Violence is not his thing after all. Instead he focused on what she replied.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:54 am
Looking to Yatsufusa, she says, "If Saru-san is either curious or interested, I would gladly be of help to –– maybe –– gain the knowledge of these spirits. If that is the case."
'' Well, i would be honored if you should allow this one to do so, Hantei Kinsen-sama.'' He bows to her. '' Understanding and knowledge about ningen and spirits is something that i wish to understand to help as a bridge between those worlds and keep harmony and balance.'' He adds.

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Etiquette/Awa, to mantain composture due to violence talk! - 60

Background

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:26 am

"A bit more exciting then mother's story of just impressing Lord Akodo with her rapid grasp of the ways of war." Ayano nodded, the Hantei's story reminded her of a few Ikoma had told. Well the ones her mother allowed him to tell in her daughter's presence at any rate.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:49 am

In a corner of the garden, not far away, but not intruding, either, was another. The figure was carrying a stone, about a foot around in all directions. He set it down carefully, then knelt on the cold ground, made a small knick on his arm, and set his hands flat on the ground. The earth seemed to rise up and cover his hands and arms, before stiffening, becoming visibly harder. He dropped his head in prayer, then rose, with a flexing of his shoulders. At the end of his arms were stone gauntlets that covered his arms and hands, and immediately began to slowly rub away at the Rock he had brought in. The scraping would probably be audible for a ways.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:31 am

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:02 am
snip
Kinsen doesn't notice any shift in Yatsufusa's On for that matter. She does bow in return to say, "I am the one grateful. Perhaps Saru-san will be so kind as to let me know when this would be possible. Also, what would be necessary. I hope he likes tea."
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:26 am
snip
"Well, impressing Akodo-kami-sami in any –– and I am deadly serious this: any topic –– is an extremly impressive endeavor." She giggles a bit and covers her face again with her hand.
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:49 am
snip
Kinsen notices the perhaps familiar figure in the corner of her eyes doing some of his weird things at the usual strange moments and cocks her head back slightly in curiosity.

TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Ayano blushed at that, "I...did not mean to imply Mother's feat was unimpressive...just it doesn't make for a good story." She looks away, "She was barely a year older then me when she managed the feat as well."

Her eyes settled on the Isawa. "Oh Isawa-sama." She would dip her head in acknowledgment if he were to look her way.