[EM 7] Player Event: The Quiet Game

Nozomi

Re: [EM 7] Player Event: The Quiet Game

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:24 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:48 am
Susumu is curious, as father mad mentioned something like this in his travels and does not fight it.
Looking into his eyes, there was a momentary pause. She seemed to freeze, as if considering what to say. Her lips turned down into a frown and she closed her eyes before finally sighing and leaning in closely. "To walk the path that you walk alone is difficult. You stand upon your own two feet, and there is support that you will never feel in the course of your days. Know that you are never alone, and the brightness of your star will shine with the nobility of your heart. Live a life of greatness, drawing upon your potential, and you will give reason for all to know the fervor with which you serve."

There was sympathy in her eyes, familiarity, and shared awareness. She knew exactly what it was like to be alone. "Shine like a star, Susumu, and the heavens will see your light."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:23 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:24 pm

Looking into his eyes, there was a momentary pause. She seemed to freeze, as if considering what to say. Her lips turned down into a frown and she closed her eyes before finally sighing and leaning in closely. "To walk the path that you walk alone is difficult. You stand upon your own two feet, and there is support that you will never feel in the course of your days. Know that you are never alone, and the brightness of your star will shine with the nobility of your heart. Live a life of greatness, drawing upon your potential, and you will give reason for all to know the fervor with which you serve."

There was sympathy in her eyes, familiarity, and shared awareness. She knew exactly what it was like to be alone. "Shine like a star, Susumu, and the heavens will see your light."

There is a sudden flash of horror over Susumu's face, and then a smile. "I know that I'm not alone. I have those I am proud to walk with."
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:23 pm
There is a sudden flash of horror over Susumu's face, and then a smile. "I know that I'm not alone. I have those I am proud to walk with."
She clapped him on his shoulder and nodded. "Exactly the attitude to have. I did much the same in a former life. They were good to me in those days, and I'm glad that they're being well cared for now." her smile was equally broad. "You seem to be turning out quite a good soul yourself. The Spider are doing well in general."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:33 pm

Susumu nods. "The Spider are very adept at being someone's new home. They offered new meaning, but let me choose how I wanted to do it." He chuckles. "We are a bit of a rough bunch at times, which means that we can use someone to smooth things over. The Sentinels fight the front, the Seekers watch the back, and I do my best to make sure the lethal blow doesn't land when we all sit down to play nice"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:04 am

Nozomi wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:55 pm

"I am highly doubtful that I can see as far as the Teacher, I assure you," she said as her eyes glowed and she looked deep within Kyosei. Where she saw only the spiritual, Shinsei probably could have seen through to the mental strengths and weaknesses a person possessed. However, still within it, she could see something that did not surprise her.

"You are truly tied to the Earth. Its embrace enfolds you, as you well know, its warmth and camaraderie strengthening your magic. Within this, so long as you nurture and respect the elements, you will continue to grow and innovate. Only do not forget the Heavens as you nurture the Earth. Too much focus in one direction can be limiting at times." At the same time? She somehow doubted that he was unaware of these things. Still, it was good to see he had grown in his connection to the kami of Earth.
"Whether he saw more or not, that is more information than he gave me. So, more helpful."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:33 pm
Susumu nods. "The Spider are very adept at being someone's new home. They offered new meaning, but let me choose how I wanted to do it." He chuckles. "We are a bit of a rough bunch at times, which means that we can use someone to smooth things over. The Sentinels fight the front, the Seekers watch the back, and I do my best to make sure the lethal blow doesn't land when we all sit down to play nice"
"It's a good habit. One never to lose. That willingness to foster others gives fresh life into a clan, keeps it from becoming stale in its way of thinking. And if it makes you rough around the edges? Well, smooth things don't catch and hold as well." She smirked as she said it. "But you probably know I have a fondness for the northern clans as a rule by now."
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:04 am
"Whether he saw more or not, that is more information than he gave me. So, more helpful."
She couldn't help but laugh softly. She loved the man, but he was infuriating at times. Enough that she could want to throttle him. She didn't bother to defend him when others were irritated. "Then let us hope it gives you something to chew on in the coming year. I should like to hear you pray to the air kami one day."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:51 pm

"I know the prayers. Sort of. They just never respond well to me."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:20 pm

"It's a good habit. One never to lose. That willingness to foster others gives fresh life into a clan, keeps it from becoming stale in its way of thinking. And if it makes you rough around the edges? Well, smooth things don't catch and hold as well." She smirked as she said it. "But you probably know I have a fondness for the northern clans as a rule by now."

[
"I'll say without false modesty that I can see why. Many are heavily spiritual, one way or the other. They are all less" he pauses to look for the words "concerned with the circumstances of ones birth. After all, if one would only be samurai by adoption, how much do you rely upon the Celestial Order?"

Susumu's smile takes an evil touch. "You know, I don't think too many people have thought about certain ramifications of Emperor Shiba's decision. I think the ones obsessed with status are too caught up in the idea that there is a group outside of the chain of authority to ask about how a Clan can found an order. Because if a peasant can become a monk, and a samurai can be a monk and monk can be samurai..."

Susumu sighs. " But as much as I think the Northern Clans can help each other, getting them to do anything together is like herding cats"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:11 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:51 pm
"I know the prayers. Sort of. They just never respond well to me."
"It is a difficult thing, I'm told. For many, they have a certain mastery with one, but not the others. I hope that you can grow in this as well as the Earth who love you so."
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:58 pm
-snip-
"It's always herding cats. They never react well to being told what to do," she said with a bit of mirth in her tone. "But to your thought... I believe some were openly discussing the possibilities of the clans creating orders. I would invite it, though I might caution that taking up the path is not quite so easy as they might think it is. There may be talk of the status, but it will fade. We are not truly outside of the lines of authority after all. We answer to the emperor, and to the clans whose lands we are in, just as any who reside in them. We are simply left to our work, so long as it does not interfere with theirs."

"In time, the relationship will be clear by experience."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:14 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:11 am

"It is a difficult thing, I'm told. For many, they have a certain mastery with one, but not the others. I hope that you can grow in this as well as the Earth who love you so."
Kyosei nods somberly, clearly thinking on the matter deeply.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:09 am

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:11 am

"It's always herding cats. They never react well to being told what to do," she said with a bit of mirth in her tone. "But to your thought... I believe some were openly discussing the possibilities of the clans creating orders. I would invite it, though I might caution that taking up the path is not quite so easy as they might think it is. There may be talk of the status, but it will fade. We are not truly outside of the lines of authority after all. We answer to the emperor, and to the clans whose lands we are in, just as any who reside in them. We are simply left to our work, so long as it does not interfere with theirs."

"In time, the relationship will be clear by experience."
"It certainly doesn't mean the end. I simply mean that...well, if there is a way for those not born into the life of the samurai, who aspire to the level of discipline, the life of service and contemplation that all samurai should do anyway can find a way to be accepted, even in an unusual role, I think that it is a boon"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:09 am
"It certainly doesn't mean the end. I simply mean that...well, if there is a way for those not born into the life of the samurai, who aspire to the level of discipline, the life of service and contemplation that all samurai should do anyway can find a way to be accepted, even in an unusual role, I think that it is a boon"
"Agreed. Perhaps we will find more ways to promote this. It is good that the Spider do, but I want that attitude to grow." Thankfully, as they would find later? The Imperials were apparently entirely on board already.