D5, EM, Happy Little Accidents, Open

Hadananzi

Re: D5, EM, Happy Little Accidents, Open

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:17 am

"Not as such, no. I merely enjoy the act of creation, what results is of lesser importance to me. Though I do strive for quality, it is not what drives me to create."

Hadananzi rose then, and began pacing about the garden. "What drives me is like a hunger that won't be satisfied until I've worked upon my creation, seen it bear fruit, and released it out into the world."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:49 am

Ayano followed his movements with her eyes, the phrasing was odd to her but clearly the Crane was in the midst of passion. "I imagine then, Nanzi-sama has created a great many works." She smiled and took another look at his painting, "Or does it require some inspiration first?" Her eyes went back to him.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:33 pm

"I find myself almost perpetually inspired. There's so much beauty in the world it's almost impossible not to want to create." Hadananzi had that cryptic smile on his lips again, and his eyes were focused more in Ayano's direction than anywhere else.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:39 pm

Ayano's eyes widen a little, "Is Hadananzi-sama wishing to paint a portrait of myself?" She glances back to her own work, "Or perhaps to see if I possess any other unknown talents?"
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:47 pm

"If you would allow me to paint you as a subject I'd be more than happy to. You have a youthful beauty matched by very few that I have met in my time." He glanced to her painting again, smiling. "But I am certain you have other hidden talents as well. You just need the freedom to explore them."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:14 pm

Ayano thought on this for a moment, "Nanzi-sama, you are married to a child of the Kami most attuned to beauty. I hardly think such compliments are deserving for the child who bares not a drop of heavenly blood. I will consent to a portrait if it is what you wish, in thanks for what you are doing to let me explore my own artistic desires. But the flattery of my person is unnerving."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:32 pm

"If it unnerves you so, I will stop. Though I do still wish to paint your portrait all the same." Hadananzi gathered his brushes and a fresh canvas, then settled into position to work. "Do not worry about staying still, I shall be able to compensate."

Once again he began to paint, and once again he seemed to vanish from the world around him, his focus solely on his tools and canvas, with occasional glances to Ayano herself for reference. The strange nature of his looks was not present as he worked, now acting as a complete professional.

https://orokos.com/roll/897745

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:10 am

"Thank you Nanzi-sama," Ayano's smile softens, relief plain on her features. When he suddenly begins to paint she is briefly shocked by the change. The Lioness blinks and then relaxes, watching him work and trying to stay still all the same. Only when it is finished will she speak again, "Are you satisfied with the work Nanzi-sama?" She rises and moves to stand nearby, eager to see the result...

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:53 am

"I am most satisfied indeed. Please, take a look for yourself." Some of Ayano's relief was captured in the painting itself, but mostly Hadananzi had painted her looking calm and confident, her shoulders squared, back straight, and her green eyes looking forward without fear. Perhaps he'd taken some artistic liberties with her poise, but what artist didn't embellish things they painted every so often?

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:17 am

Ayano reddened slightly at the sight of the painting. "It is...beautiful." She smiled wearily, "And perhaps portraying me more confident then I feel at the moment." The Lioness leaned in to study it more closely. "How did you produce my pose without having seen me make it?"

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:23 am

"Extrapolation based on what I've seen of you so far. It really isn't so difficult." With a wry smile, Hadananzi gestured towards Ayano. "Perhaps you don't feel quite so confident as I painted, but I'd like to think this depiction could inspire such within you."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Ayano smiled at that, "Perhaps it might. I certainly wish I projected such confidence." She looked to the artist, "What do you wish to do with it?"

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:33 pm

Hadananzi considered that a moment, then smiled. "I think it should go with you, Makime-san, so that it can better serve as inspiration for you and your artistic talents."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:16 pm

"I would be honored Nanzi-sama but do you truly wish to part with such a beautiful painting?" Her eyes moved between painter and painting. Her smile was genuine, it was a lovely work.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:02 pm

"While it pains me to part with such beauty it will fade quickly knowing it is in the hands of one who will appreciate it. I must insist that you keep it." Hadananzi's smile seemed just as genuine in return.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 pm

"It would find a lonesome vigil, the halls of my mother are austere...the home of a warrior. A far cry from the beauty of the Nanzi's home." Ayano responded, her smile wavering a slight bit with the uncertainty of memory. Was this something Crane did at gifting or had she misremembered a custom?

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:40 pm

"All the more reason it should go with you, Makime-san, to add its beauty to your home and life. I insist that you keep it." Hadananzi didn't seem put off by the refusal game, and smiled reassuringly at Ayano as he waited for her next response.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:43 pm

"If it is your wish Nanzi-sama," Ayano smiles, relieved, "I will cherish this painting as a reminder of the day I learned to paint. And a goal to strive towards." She dips her head in a bow.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:48 pm

Hadananzi returns the small bow, his smile as bright as ever. "You honor me with your words. I am certain this will soon be a simple goal for you to achieve, with time and practice of course."

=========

Makime Ayano gains two points of..........Glory!

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:40 am

Ayano smiled, the paintings would remain in place for a while. "Oh! Ah how does one keep them from being damaged?" She smiles sheepishly, having realized that handling paintings had been the work of servants back home.