[Day 4 - LM] Bakufu Blues

Doji Dojihime

[Day 4 - LM] Bakufu Blues

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:05 pm

To honor the Crab she dressed in colors that emulated their look but still retained the Crane motif though with a seaside undertone in color and pattern. As she waited she fed her white raven little treats.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Tyrus

Re: [Day 4 - LM] Bakufu Blues

Post by Tyrus » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:46 am

Takane was fussing with her kimono as she rushed to a meeting with the Crane Princess! She truly felt out of her depths the past couple days with people wanting to speak with her but this was the duty she signed up for (well mostly born into) and she was going to do it!

She had found her most elegant kimono to wear since she was meeting with a Crane, she had heard all sorts of stories about how much the focused on fashion and customs. Unfortunately the nicest Crab kimono was probably disappointingly middling by Crane standards but the effort was there.

Takane entered the room and gave Dojihime a bow "Doji-sama, is it an honor to meet with you. I hope the morning finds you well." she said with a prettily pleasant and soft voice, not at all the way most would imagine a Crab sounding. Though she was tall and thickly built.
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:38 am

She turned and bowed in one effortless movement before straightening and said, “Anjing-sama, it is an honor to meet a servant of my honored uncle, Hida-dono. I spent many nights playing in his halls with my cousins… until your kin were redirected to the North.”

“I miss them dearly, the bonds of friendship between our families have always been strong. My father speaks well of your family’s founder, Anjing. He even made me memorize a song he crafted for her to woo the great mountain. I always enjoyed that tale,” she mused before placing a treat in her raven’s mouth.

“The morning has been most pleasant, doubly so with your presence. Would you be amenable to a walk this morning?” she offered.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Takane resisted raising an eyebrow and instead kept the pleasant smile on her lips. She had heard Hoda-dono speak quite unfriendly words regarding his sister not that he didn't love her as family but they certainly didn't see eye to eye most of the time. From what she'd heard at least.

She did bow "of course Doji-sama." She steadied her nerves with a subtle calming breath. Stories of growing up playing in the halls of a Kami made the already imposing status of the Crane more so "it is a lovely day to enjoy the gardens."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:54 pm

The answer set her on a gentle stride and she said, “I am curious of how the Crab fare as of late, the Crane commiserate with your situation and if we or the Stag can be of assistance, then we would be elated.”

She added lightly, “Not that the Crab cannot handle their own affairs, but many hands can make any setback all the easier to overcome.”

Dojihime paused and knelt near a well tended area of the garden and brushed off some ice and snow and added, “Look at me jumping headlong into the river without first testing the waters… my Compassion drives me to be helpful but I should pace myself. If it pleases you, Anjing-san, I would hear about you and yours that you hold dear to your heart.”

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 am

Takane kept pace with the princess looking at things in the garden covered in snow and ice as they were. Takane listened to the Princess talk taking her words in stride. It was strange this being the second offer of help from another clan. Though she wasn't sure she trusted the Crane anymore than the Spider "Your offer is incredibly gracious, for the Crane to offer their help to the Crab is truly a feat of compassion." She did not mention that Dojihime had also brought up the Stag but that didn't have to mean anything.

She offered Dojihime a soft smile "Thank you for taking an interest in me Doji-sama, me and my people are well. Adjusting to our new home, trying to rebuild the castles and fortifications we had in place at the southern border. We will likely need them if the tribes look to come south again."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:26 am

She smiled and said, “Father was always impressed with the Crab. I know that Mother and Uncle had a rather tense relationship but thankfully father could bridge the gap that kept them at arm’s length at times.”

“What of your family, Anjing-san; I apologize if that seems personal but family has been on my mind as of late given recent events. It is the basic formation of the Empire, the family be it immediate the sprawling families that serve their daimyo, both form the most basic foundation of our shared culture.”

She rose to her full height and said, “Family and friendship is important to me and I would like for us to be as friends in time and not just individuals seeking what one can do for the other. To that end,” she said gesturing with her fan for a servant to come forth.

The Crane servant brought forth a small parcel and handed it to Dojihime who then turned to the Crab and said, “I would be honored if you accept this small token of my fidelity to you and yours.”

She opened the parcel to reveal a hair pin made of red lacquered wood and continued, “My mother used to love adorning my hair with this when I was younger but now I see it is time that I pass this on to another. I think she knew it as well when she sang and hummed a song and tended to my mess of hair,” she smiled warmly.

“I would be honored for you to have it,” she finished.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:45 pm

"Natural to be thinking of at an event like this." She says with a soft smile. Takane had not stood at less than her full height since she arrived and she was no small girl. She was roughly equal in height to Dojihime, maybe an inch shorter.

She nodded to Dojihime "yes Doji-sama, I agree family is the cornerstone of the Empire. Similar but still very different from the tribes that came before. My own does well, my mother is actually a warrior on the wall and my father tends to the house and does some minor clerical duties for the local lord." She smiled a little as she spoke "I learned much that I know now about how to act while in court or around lords and ladies."

As the gift was brought forth Takane lost her polite mask of expression and a hand came up to cover an agape mouth before words followed "Oh Doji-sama, I couldn't. We've only just met and this seems like an incredibly personal gift."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 pm

She smiled and said, "It is personal and should show the depths of my appreciation for the Crab and those you hold dear, but also it seems now is the time for it to move on to another. If you find some small measure of joy from it, then I would be pleased."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:39 pm

The Crab were nothing if not efficient and Takane maybe had some misgivings about the gift as it still struck her as odd. However when someone of higher status insisted on something, one didn't stand in their way.

Takane took the pin gently "Thank you very much Doji-sama I will cherish this gift you have given and report your gratitude to Hida-dono himself." She said with a bow.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:44 am

“You are most welcome, and we are here to aid the Crab in any way we can. We commiserate with the great effort it must have taken to relocate to a more advantageous position according to the demands of the divine son,” she said warmly.

“I have it on good authority the Stag feel equally committed to continued and future friendship, family and friendship form the foundation of our alliance.”

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:17 pm

Takane smiled softly and bowed again "This one is humbled that two upstanding clans such as the Crane and Stag are so concerned with our well being. So many have reached out with support for our clan. It is very touching to see how the Empire supports eachother."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:30 pm

“We are stronger together and it is natural to want to assist those that have a need. We are aware that the Stag actively seek to formalize good relations with the Crab and as they are dear allies we wish to make you feel welcome as well,” she responded.

“The Crab, Stag, and the Crane would be a formidable alliance of resources, military strength, and stability in the Empire and a model for others to follow. Even if you simply strive for good relations it would be beneficial for all involved in leading to greater stability and unity.”

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:39 pm

Takane nodded her smile staying constant as she tucked the gift away deftly for storage "Indeed stability requires unity. This much is very true. We all are servants of the Emperor and only wish to see his will made real. I will be sure to carry your words back to Hida-dono. Is there something specific you seek Doji-sama? Or simply wish for the Crab to know you support us?"

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:17 pm

"You have our friendship, and we would like to say that we hope that you consider the efforts of the Stag seriously, they are dear allies and we are aware that they seek to formalize positive relations. As for my clan specifically if we can say find a way to provide resources for the Crab in this time of transition at terms amenable to both parties then we could pursue that as well," she said honestly.

"That would require knowing what needs are in shortfall that we could assist with if any."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:58 am

Takane nodded "that is incredibly generous of you Doji-sama. I of course am not fully made aware of all the needs of our clan but I would be happy to set up the lines of communication between our clans when the snow melts. Knowing we have such highly influential allies in your Clan is very reassuring."

She smiled and looked about the garden for a moment "as for the Stag, I for one have no animosity toward them. They simply did as commanded by our Wise Emperor. This is sadly not true for everyone in my clan." She looked back to Dojihime smile still in place "though if the Stag wish to make earnest friends I am sure with enough work anything can be done."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:00 am

"Earnest work and a direct manner is a feature of the Crab, my honored father always enjoyed speaking with Hida-ojisan. He would joke something about making a headbutt the proper greeting, sadly I never understood it but it did seem to please my uncle. I know Hantei Kinsen well, and her intentions are earnest, she empathizes with the unique situation that the Crab endure."

"I hope to see a future where we are all dear allies and friends, it is my sincere wish for you and yours," she offered warmly.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:57 am

Takane laughed softly behind a sleeve "That is good Doji-sama. Dreams of peace and harmony are worthwhile ones. I am certainly sure things can be done to make our relations strong and grow our clans close together." She says with a small smile to the woman who was more or less her height, a rarity as she was used to looking down at women from other clans.

"But while we may plant the seeds we will not tend the entire tree of peace here in this garden." She said with her same small smile as she regarded Dojihime before looking to a tree its branches partially frozen "The Princess of the Crane so far certainly lives up to the name, eloquent and beautiful. Your mother has taught you well." Takane looks back to Dojihime "would you tell me more about yourself Doji-sama? A strong alliance between our clans will take time but a strong friendship between us could start right here." She says brightly.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:08 am

She liked seeds, she liked things that grew from something so small, both literally and metaphorically. She also had no green thumb, but that is why she had servants to tend to her gardens. While mother just passed by a vacant field and it bloomed into beauty she had no such talent… no everything too effort, everything.

Dojihime responded, “Yes, it will take time but I would be glad to take this opportunity to deepen our friendship. As I said before the hairpin was something my mother loved to adorn my hair with, and I recall when I was young and my cousin Genji had come to visit that I wanted to impress him so I bade him watch while I braided my sister’s hair… but my ambition far outstripped my ability and all I ended up doing was tying her hair into knots that took my mother hours to untangle.”

“Yet she didn’t look angry, she smiled and set to work and gave all three of us a wonderful afternoon of stories and lessons. It is an embarrassing but warm memory, a poignant one. She even bade me sit in her lap and guided me how to properly braid,” she said warmly.

“I know that others see her as Lady Doji, an intimidating figure and she is intimidating, kind, beautiful and even wonderful but she is a person, even if she is also more than a person. I pray my meaning is understood,” she offered.